Widgets Magazine
Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Best BBQ in Okc metro.

1. Default Re: Best BBQ in Okc metro.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby821 View Post
    You might check the US Foods Chef Store on the I-240 service road.
    They no longer carry them unfortunately.... Said they were having to throw away too much due to lack of sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    thanks for the link... dang, that's pricey. this line really makes me nervous, though: "consists of the rib section from any rib and/or plate item"

sounds to me like there's no guaranty to get meat from the plate section... and for north of $300, i'd have to get exactly what i want. -M
    The picture looks correct.... I would ask them to open the case to inspect the slabs anyway.

Default Re: Best BBQ in Okc metro.

SAMs at 39th and May has them. Bought 6 ribs, 14 pounds, about $60. You have to ask the guy in the back. They come in a cryovac bag, 2 slabs.

3. Default Re: Best BBQ in Okc metro.

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    Thanks..... Well it's not Central Texas style brisket but about the only place I'll eat brisket in Oklahoma is at The Butcher BBQ Stand in Wellston.

Oklahoma BBQ Eaters Anonymous: NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED AT THE BUTCHER BBQ STAND
    Oklahoma BBQ Eaters Anonymous: 06/06 ON ROUTE 66
    I will second your opinion of Butcher BBQ Stand. I ate there today and it was the best brisket I've ever had. For ribs I have to go with Smokin' Joe's though.

4. Default Re: Best BBQ in Okc metro.

Hosted a get-together this weekend with some BBQ from Bad Brad's in Yukon. We had brisket, pulled pork, and a meat tray with turkey, sausage, bologna and ham. I really enjoyed it all. I still have some leftover brisket and pork so brisket street tacos are on the menu soon and I'm going to try some bbq spaghetti too.

5. Default Re: Best BBQ in Okc metro.

Quote Originally Posted by catcherinthewry View Post
    I will second your opinion of Butcher BBQ Stand. I ate there today and it was the best brisket I've ever had. For ribs I have to go with Smokin' Joe's though.
    We plan to make the drive out there soon... what were the highlights? Everything looks great.

Another vote for butcher BBQ having the best brisket around

7. Default Re: Best BBQ in Okc metro.

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    We plan to make the drive out there soon... what were the highlights? Everything looks great.
    Just get the Meat Locker and plan on eating BBQ for a couple of meals.

Oh and get there early because they do sell out of meat regularly.

8. Default Re: Best BBQ in Okc metro.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMonk View Post
    Hosted a get-together this weekend with some BBQ from Bad Brad's in Yukon. We had brisket, pulled pork, and a meat tray with turkey, sausage, bologna and ham. I really enjoyed it all. I still have some leftover brisket and pork so brisket street tacos are on the menu soon and I'm going to try some bbq spaghetti too.
    I'm glad you guys enjoyed it... My personal experiences with Bad Brad's have both been...well.... Bad.

But the great thing about BBQ is there's enough different options out there we can all find what we like best.

9. Default Re: Best BBQ in Okc metro.

I'm glad you guys enjoyed it... My personal experiences with Bad Brad's have both been...well.... Bad.

But the great thing about BBQ is there's enough different options out there we can all find what we like best.
    My experience with them has been limited to stuff like bulk meat and party trays like I posted about (my favorite are the burnt ends). I've never had any ribs or even sat down to eat dinner at the restaurant, but I've been pretty happy with what I've had. The food was a pretty big hit with my guests too (but there was plenty of drinking going on too, so...)

10. Default Re: Best BBQ in Okc metro.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMonk View Post
    My experience with them has been limited to stuff like bulk meat and party trays like I posted about (my favorite are the burnt ends). I've never had any ribs or even sat down to eat dinner at the restaurant, but I've been pretty happy with what I've had. The food was a pretty big hit with my guests too (but there was plenty of drinking going on too, so...)
    The bulk meat might be the better option there.... I know I've experienced a phenomenon over the last 3 years of doing the OKC Rib Tour where places I have been served some pretty bad ribs tend to get chosen really high when we go in and order them by the slab as we do for the tour.

Bedlam almost didn't even make it on the first tour we did because of some rib jerky they had served me a couple of months prior to doing it. They only made it on the list because Mr Sprigg's had closed.... They won last year and have been Top 5 all 3 years.... Yet both times I have been there for lunch and ordered ribs as part of a meal.... I did not enjoy them at all.

Back Door BBQ is the same way... The were our consensus favorite the second year we did the tour but they have served me some awful ribs when ordered as part of a meal.

Quote Originally Posted by mattjank View Post
    Haven't had the cobbler, but the chocolate and banana puddings are some of the best I've ever had. I also like the slaw
    Rudy's green chili stew is amazing!

12. Default Re: Best BBQ in Okc metro.

Just get the Meat Locker and plan on eating BBQ for a couple of meals.

Oh and get there early because they do sell out of meat regularly.
    Yeah, definitely go with the Meat Locker, but the brisket and the smoked sausage were the only things that stood out to me. We didn't have the potato salad, but the other sides were just OK.

13. Default Re: Best BBQ in Okc metro.

Yeah, definitely go with the Meat Locker, but the brisket and the smoked sausage were the only things that stood out to me. We didn't have the potato salad, but the other sides were just OK.
    I like their sausages a lot too.... They are custom made for them by a local meat processor. So they aren't your typical food service type sausage served at the majority of Q-raunts around here. They have a little different flavor and texture.

14. Default Re: Best BBQ in Okc metro.

I like their sausages a lot too.... They are custom made for them by a local meat processor. So they aren't your typical food service type sausage served at the majority of Q-raunts around here. They have a little different flavor and texture.
    When are you starting your YouTube Oklahoma BBQ show?

15. Default Re: Best BBQ in Okc metro.

I usually go for brisket and ribs, so I wasn't sure that I wanted everything that came with the Meat Locker. Some leftover BBQ isn't a bad idea though!

16. Default Re: Best BBQ in Okc metro.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    When are you starting your YouTube Oklahoma BBQ show?
    It's something that has been discussed since one of the guys that has been involved with a couple of the OKC Rib Tours and two of the road trips I have blogged about shoots video for a living..... Unfortunately our schedules have so far stood in the way of us actually getting it done.

ok, this one's only tangentially related to barbecue... does anybody know of a place that sells pork belly? i tried wheeler's but they don't carry it. the plan is to cure and smoke some homemade bacon. -M

18. Default Re: Best BBQ in Okc metro.

... does anybody know of a place that sells pork belly?
    Artisan's Pride on Lindsay in Norman carries it and I've bought it at Super Cao Nguyen near 23rd and Classen.

The belly at Super Cao Nguyen comes skin on. They may remove it if you ask them too or you can cut it off yourself and make chicharrones with it.

19. Default Re: Best BBQ in Okc metro.

Whole Foods typically has it too.

thanks! based on that logic, i'll probably try saigon taipei first since that's more in my neck of the woods. if that doesn't work out, i'll hit up these other places. -M

21. Default Re: Best BBQ in Okc metro.

thanks! based on that logic, i'll probably try saigon taipei first since that's more in my neck of the woods. if that doesn't work out, i'll hit up these other places. -M
    I don't think I ever checked there but knowing that pork belly gets used a lot in Asian cuisine... It's probably a pretty safe bet they may have it.

You could also ask at some of the mercados in the area too.... I've never seen it out for sale but that's what they make the chicharron de lonja out of... So they may have some in the back that they haven't sliced up yet.

jackpot... found some at saigon taipei. now to get curing! -M

23. Default Re: Best BBQ in Okc metro.

jackpot... found some at saigon taipei. now to get curing! -M
    You're never going to want to eat store bought bacon again.

24. Default Re: Best BBQ in Okc metro.

Not OKC, but felt like this was the best area.

Family's driving through Memphis, what are the best BBQ restaurants to eat at? Rendezvous and Cozy Corner on my list.

25. Default Re: Best BBQ in Okc metro.

Have not been to Memphis but from what I've heard go to Rendezvous for the experience. Not so much for the best BBQ.

I've been told by a couple of people that when I make it there to try Germantown Commissary.

Thread Information