Widgets Magazine
Page 25 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: OnCue OKC Expansion

Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by akover View Post
    Any updates on the OnCue at NW Expressway and Blackwelder? No work has been done there for over a year now and they have a lot of money sunk into that project!
    They are still waiting for their building permit to be approved.

A little disappointed about the Carlyle Motel being demolished. I know it was a dive today but I've always been intrigued by those old route 66 motor hotels. Not many of them left outside of very touristy areas.

Blog Entries

Do we know if the sign was saved? Should go in a Rt 66 museum.

It looks like an OnCue is being built in Edmond. They are building a structure resembling the convenience store on 2nd St in between Coltrane and Bryant.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by floyd the barber View Post
    It looks like an OnCue is being built in Edmond. They are building a structure resembling the convenience store on 2nd St in between Coltrane and Bryant.

I think that’s a 7/11

Any update on the NW Expressway and Blackwelder OnCue? I see that three permits aplied for in June are still pending.

7. Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by floyd the barber View Post
    I can't tell you what is being built there but I can confirm you are wrong about it being an OnCue.

The OnCue at SW104th and Santa Fe is going up. Framing looks finished, still need to bury the fuel tanks.

So are we just going to have an On Cue every mile down the road like McDonald's?

Quote Originally Posted by kwhey View Post
    So are we just going to have an On Cue every mile down the road like McDonald's?
    It seems to be heading that way, and you really do have to wonder what 7-Eleven's finances are looking like at this point...

I hope so.

Slightly off-topic, but I was letting the ole random thought generator have free reign the other day, and I wondered what the world would look like if all vehicles were hybrids. I mean, we'd still need gas stations, obviously. But would there be one on every corner?

Quote Originally Posted by stile99 View Post
    Slightly off-topic, but I was letting the ole random thought generator have free reign the other day, and I wondered what the world would look like if all vehicles were hybrids. I mean, we'd still need gas stations, obviously. But would there be one on every corner?
    My guess is we probably still would, although there would be less of an emphasis on fuel and more of an emphasis on the convenience store part.

I'm okay with OnCue's spaced out on major intersections throughout the city. So far, their stores are maintained well. The lots are large, well lit at night, parking lots generally clean, and signage/exteriors look modern.

I do wish when OnCue puts the competitor across the street out of business, their would be a harder push to demolish a boarded up gas station. Plenty of small vacant corners are springing up across or near OnCue's locations.

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    I'm okay with OnCue's spaced out on major intersections throughout the city. So far, their stores are maintained well. The lots are large, well lit at night, parking lots generally clean, and signage/exteriors look modern.

I do wish when OnCue puts the competitor across the street out of business, their would be a harder push to demolish a boarded up gas station. Plenty of small vacant corners are springing up across or near OnCue's locations.
    I agree about OnCue. Great stores and all you said. However, I'm not excited about monopolies and believe that competition is a good thing, but when any business goes under, I wish there were more stringent codes on the dilapidation of buildings that reflect poorly on our city.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Can someone with a JR subscription give us at least the gist of the article, please?

Building permits have finally been issued for the NW Expressway and Blackwelder location.

Work should be starting soon. Will have a kitchen but no drive-thru.

Excellent.

Notice the inside dining area on the lower left of the last image.

This is new for an OnCue.

This is really needed in that part of town. Hard to find a decent gas station near the mall.

The OnCue on Santa Fe by the Capital just did a redesign and opened up a kitchen. I have tried both a bacon burger and a grilled chicken sandwich. For convenience store fair both were really good. Their pizza is better than 7-11's as well.

Wish there was going to be a drive-through, but oh well.

Is that an ADA accessible urinal in the men's restroom? If it is, then I will have to take a gander since I have never seen such a thing ever.

Thanks for all the info in post 617. Great stuff, Pete.

Just like Walmart stores.

Thread Information