Widgets Magazine
Page 25 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Penn Square Mall

Default Re: Penn Square Mall

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    Well with that line of thinking, you shouldn't mind when your neighbor throws a party and several party-goers decide to park in your yard, since curbs don't mean anything and other people are doing it too. A quite jerk-ish line of thinking on your part if you ask me.
    I don't think comparing a private residence to a shopping mall is a good comparison. Not trying to come off as a jerk, but if it bothers you so much, report it or stand out here with a sign telling people not to do it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I don't think comparing a private residence to a shopping mall is a good comparison. Not trying to come off as a jerk, but if it bothers you so much, report it or stand out here with a sign telling people not to do it.
    Seriously? You think people should have to protest or become activists just to get people to do the right and civilized things? This is what we have become? You think the responsibility is on the observers and not on the offenders?

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Seriously? You think people should have to protest or become activists just to get people to do the right and civilized things? This is what we have become? You think the responsibility is on the observers and not on the offenders?

eh, you'll get over it. Don't really care what the curbs are there for and neither do the other hundreds of people that park there.

I have never, ever, EVER been to Penn Square, even in the heights of the Christmas season and not seen available spaces in the parking garage. The people parking on the grass are lazy and uncivilized, and I wish the mall would arrange to have someone start ticketing them.

Seems to me the problem could be fixed if the mall would plant some hedges or other kinds of landscaping along the edge of the lots.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Get over it man. That simple

Quote Originally Posted by ProV1x View Post
    Hey thank you, I appreciate it!

Well, if it wasn't for the fact there is literally nothing you can or will do about it and the other hundreds of people that park there; and you understand this and it obviously irritates you, so you have nothing else to do but try and troll me to get me mad, but it's all good amigo!

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    I have never, ever, EVER been to Penn Square, even in the heights of the Christmas season and not seen available spaces in the parking garage. ...
    I second this; I have gone to Penn Square a few times at the height of the Christmas rush, even with all the surface parking taken along NW Expressway and people parked all throughout the grass from that entrance to the side, there are still a ton of parking spaces left in the garage on the middle and top layers.

The only time I have even seen the middle and bottom even close to full is when a large hail storm is coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    I second this; I have gone to Penn Square a few times at the height of the Christmas rush, even with all the surface parking taken along NW Expressway and people parked all throughout the grass from that entrance to the side, there are still a ton of parking spaces left in the garage on the middle and top layers.

The only time I have even seen the middle and bottom even close to full is when a large hail storm is coming in.
    This is one of the reasons why they are not that interested in building more parking garages. People will avoid them and park in either a surface parking lot or the grass.

I have seen several trucks ticketed and others towed for parking on the grass. And it always made me smile. It has always been when there is a lot of parking available, not like the weekend after Thanksgiving or anything. Whenever we go to PSM, we usually come north on Penn, turn right just before Cheesecake Factory and try to park in front of Pottery Barn. If nothing over there is open, we immediately go to the sea of parking north of Macy's. Nine times out of ten, we will see trucks parked on the grass facing Penn and about 30 cars parked north of Macy's. It's just pure laziness and I tell the customer service people at PSM every time I go in there and people are parked there.

I looked at an old article about the remodel and it said it was going to be a remodel of all the mall entrances (not the store direct entrances) and the common areas. So the food court has been remodeled, most of the bathrooms, the west entrance by Forever 21, the two south entrances (Mr. Ooley's and the Mexican restaurant) and I think that is about it. Was there a remodel of the NE entrance by the movie theatre, the one by Pottery Barn or the other one just south of Macy's? Are those not considered main entrances? Maybe the ones that are most visible to the public?

I can confirm the entrance by JC Penneys and AMC Theater are not remodeled. I held a private event at the theater just a few days ago, although I can say the new remodel of the theater is first class.

Especially those chairs...

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    I can confirm the entrance by JC Penneys and AMC Theater are not remodeled. I held a private event at the theater just a few days ago, although I can say the new remodel of the theater is first class.
    Are you talking about the one near the parking garage? It was remodeled, they didn't add the awning like the original renders presented though. Adding a vestibule and replasturing the wall directly adjacent to it was pretty much the extent of their work.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    That movie theatre is easily the best theatre in the metro other than Warren, just depending on what you want.

Blog Entries

That movie theatre is easily the best theatre in the metro other than Warren, just depending on what you want.
    It beats Warren due to the Warren losing points for being outside the core.

I kid, of course. Warren wins with an awesome overall experience.

I haven't been to the new AMC at PSM. What makes it so great?

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    It beats Warren due to the Warren losing points for being outside the core.

I kid, of course. Warren wins with an awesome overall experience.
    Yeah, Warren is better for is Imax and has a really cool set-up inside.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    I haven't been to the new AMC at PSM. What makes it so great?
    They just really did a nice job with the remodel and used really good materials. The seats recline back, the soda machines are pretty cool, the isles are very wide(more comfort), the bathrooms are top notch etc.

My only beef(and I mean that literally) is they are almost always out of hot dogs when I go there. I've been there around 15 times now and I always ask for a hot dog and I've only been able to get them about 5 times.

Some of these have been posted, but I'll post them again.

Next time I go, I'll take a bunch of pics

They just really did a nice job with the remodel and used really good materials. The seats recline back, the soda machines are pretty cool, the isles are very wide(more comfort), the bathrooms are top notch etc.

My only beef(and I mean that literally) is they are almost always out of hot dogs when I go there. I've been there around 15 times now and I always ask for a hot dog and I've only been able to get them about 5 times.
    Good to hear. We always go to the Warren since the people that go with us live in Norman and that is easier for them to get to. Next time, we will check out the AMC @ PSM.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    A bigger parking garage would help solve that problem. During peak times parking becomes pretty scarce but they block off half of the front and back lots for valet parking during December as well, making finding parking spots really difficult. I've been guilty of parking on the grass a few times after driving around looking for a spot for 20 minutes during the holidays.
    The current parking garage is designed to add more levels, how many I am not sure.

Those seats are freaking awesome. I took the toddler and the wife to see Despicable Me 2. Most comfy movie experience ever. I love how seats fully recline and you get to pick your seats when you get your ticket. There is so much space between the rows you hardly notice the other people around you. Warren is still my favorite, AMC Penn Square is gnats hair behind Warren.

After some research, I updated the article at the top of this thread to reflect the exact dates the mall opened and the various phases of expansion.

Found this really great map/directory from opening day, March 3, 1960:

Thread Information