Widgets Magazine
Page 25 of 141 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293075125 ... LastLast

Thread: Cannabis

Default Re: Time to Legalize Cannabis for recreational and medicinal use.

OKC has an NBA team so they should legalize MJ... I did hear that recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I think you should be 18 and can smoke it anywhere you want as long as it is permitted, not just in your house. You can already buy cigarettes and smoke them pretty much anywhere at 18 years old, so why not weed? There should no regulations on how much you can buy and what kinds you can buy.
    Agreed.....
    MJ infractions are a cash cow for the state/local municipalities/prison system which of course they will refer{no pun intended}reefer madness or it being a gateway drug. Okla is still in a lot of ways bass awkards.

Dam people just admit it you wanna get high you really don't give a crap about its medicinal values..... You just wanna stay baked from the time you get home till you go to bed.

And what business is it of yours?

Quote Originally Posted by Garin View Post
    Dam people just admit it you wanna get high you really don't give a crap about its medicinal values..... You just wanna stay baked from the time you get home till you go to bed.
    I would rather people be 'baked' than drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by diggyba View Post
    I would rather people be 'baked' than drunk.
    I would too..... Just go for recreational use and screw medical we all know that's what we want anyways.

I voted for Amendment 64 and I have never tried marijuana and no interest in trying it.

Not true of me at all, and I'm strongly in favor of decriminalizing and legalizing it. I've no interest in it for myself.

I would too..... Just go for recreational use and screw medical we all know that's what we want anyways.
    I don't want it so that people can be "baked" at all. I want it to be fully legalized so that we can stop hiding behind a law which it's only purpose is to make money for police efforts and prison efforts. For those who simply want to be "baked", I'm sorry for them.

That's just dumb. That is like saying that someone that likes a drink just wants to get drunk from sun up to sun down.

Not me. I was touched by watching Dr. Gupta's special on CNN about the dramatic good the Charlotte's Web strain has done to help severely epileptic children in Colorado have a more normal life any child deserves to have. Conventional drug treatment doesn't work well and sedates them so much they may have get in wheel chairs, especially when they go out. At least a few Oklahoma parents have children in the same desperate way, so I feel compassion for their plights. Just getting up and moving to Colorado may not be feasible. I wish Oklahoma legislators would feel the very same way I do and quit showing cowardice, or a don't care attitude toward the issue. At least, there are one or two exceptions who are not too afraid to stick their necks out, such as State Sen. Connie Johnson. She wasn't too afraid and cared enough to co-host a seminar with the creators of Charlotte's Web and a Colorado doctor who approves of it last November at the State Capitol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubya61 View Post
    I don't want it so that people can be "baked" at all. I want it to be fully legalized so that we can stop hiding behind a law which it's only purpose is to make money for police efforts and prison efforts. For those who simply want to be "baked", I'm sorry for them.
    Those who simply want to be baked will be regardless of the law. We're not stopping them by making it illegal. It's completely and totally ridiculous that it's not available for medicinal use, regardless of what people think about recreational use. In the past week, I've written five prescriptions for benzodiazepines for children with seizures and synthetic morphine for children with cancer and other serious illnesses. But I can't write one for marijuana? The law and lawmakers are just silly and they demonstrate their lack of understanding of the drugs they're legislating against.

As with same sex marriage, it's thought people should have the right to medical marijuana from this court case soon to come up:

Do Citizens Have A Right Under The Constitution To Use Medical Marijuana? | The Weed Blog

People that are wanting to use pot for medical uses are not stopped because it's illegal , they are still buying it and using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    As with same sex marriage, it's thought people should have the right to medical marijuana from this court case soon to come up:

Do Citizens Have A Right Under The Constitution To Use Medical Marijuana? | The Weed Blog
    Marijuana should have never been banned in the first place, unless it was done in the constitutionally approved manner that lead to the prohibition of alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I think you should be 18 and can smoke it anywhere you want as long as it is permitted, not just in your house. You can already buy cigarettes and smoke them pretty much anywhere at 18 years old, so why not weed? There should no regulations on how much you can buy and what kinds you can buy.
    For the most part I agree with this, except for weed, unlike cigarettes, can cause intoxication. Therefore, I think the laws should mimic alcohol laws rather than tobacco laws.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    For the most part I agree with this, except for weed, unlike cigarettes, can cause intoxication. Therefore, I think the laws should mimic alcohol laws rather than tobacco laws.

And you end up smelling like crap from the smoke.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    Marijuana should have never been banned in the first place, unless it was done in the constitutionally approved manner that lead to the prohibition of alcohol.
    Exactly!!

I was told today by a friend entering Colorado from Kansas, the mile markers were a countdown to mile 420. But at that mile the sign read 419.99. Highway people must've given up replacing 420 signs. The 419's would also be collector items.

Is this reality, or an urban legend?

Never heard of that happening but then we don't get a whole lot of plains news here unless it concerns fire/drought....or I-70 closing because of snow.

I suppose anything interesting on eastern CO interstate would be good.

So in states where it is legalized, should employers be allowed to drug test their employees and stipulate no marijuana use as a condition of employment?

Quote Originally Posted by gjl View Post
    So in states where it is legalized, should employers be allowed to drug test their employees and stipulate no marijuana use as a condition of employment?
    Employers and landlords still have the right to restrict usage, employers have the right to drug test but then even though alcohol and prescription drugs have been legal for a long time they have the right to test for those as well. Especially for jobs where being under the influence could be a safety violation, those conditions have been around for a long time. Amendment 64 changed none of that.

Do not underestimate the drug testing industry.

If your boss can fire you for coming to work drunk, then why can't the boss fire you for coming to work high?

Thread Information