Widgets Magazine
Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Quail Springs Mall

Default Re: Quail Springs Mall

Here is an article with some actual information. Opening date is July 2020.

“We're here by the Von Maur and we're taking seven spots upstairs and downstairs and combining them into one,” CEO and Founder Wesley Haws said.
    This is the third location for Blue Zoo, with other indoor aquariums in Idaho Falls and Spokane, Washington all strategically located inside malls.
    - https://kfor.com/2019/11/12/blue-zoo...-springs-mall/

Went there for a movie on Saturday evening. I mentioned to my wife that the mall felt fairly empty at 8pm on a Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by d-usa View Post
    Went there for a movie on Saturday evening. I mentioned to my wife that the mall felt fairly empty at 8pm on a Saturday.
    The mall does close at 9pm. Many of the stores in QSM close as soon as 9 stikes, with some stores appearing to close early. We were in QSM for a few hours and went to leave through Von Maur, where we parked, and Von Maur had already brought down the gates at 8:50! That was not a fun walk outside in the cold!

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    The mall does close at 9pm. Many of the stores in QSM close as soon as 9 stikes, with some stores appearing to close early. We were in QSM for a few hours and went to leave through Von Maur, where we parked, and Von Maur had already brought down the gates at 8:50! That was not a fun walk outside in the cold!
    wow... i'm surprised the mall doesn't dictate policy on something like that. closing early and forcing people to walk through the parking lot sounds like a potential ada and security/safety issue.

Quote Originally Posted by d-usa View Post
    Round 1 and the new aquarium were big grabs for the mall. Its quickly becoming a hub of entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Round 1 and the new aquarium were big grabs for the mall. Its quickly becoming a hub of entertainment.
    Interesting they're putting those 2 new concepts on opposite ends of the mall, that place ain't dying....

Blog Entries

Maybe already posted but was surprised to see The Gap closing at QSM. Everything deeply discounted and final sale.

Quote Originally Posted by okatty View Post
    Maybe already posted but was surprised to see The Gap closing at QSM. Everything deeply discounted and final sale.
    Yep, Round 1 is taking their space.

Blog Entries

Wow, I thought that might be it but seemed like a lot of space. Thanks.

First photo shows the Gap closing to make way for Round 1.

2nd photo shows El Chico already long gone to the right, and Shoe Dept. Encore still going but preparing to move to another spot in the mall, also to make room for Round 1.

If you missed this yesterday (January 4, 2020)

Kitchen fire in food court:
    https://www.koco.com/article/fire-pr...s-say/30397917

Good to see this is happening! I really think this is the right direction for the mall, especially given the competition from Chisholm Creek. Entertainment and experiences are necessary to keep malls going strong in 2020, in my opinion.

13. Default Re: Quail Springs Mall

Is QSM losing Gap permanently? If so, maybe with the expansion of Spring Creek Plaza in Edmond they can bring in some of the more traditional "mall" retailers like Gap, Banana Republic, Pottery Barn, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by brianinok View Post
    Is QSM losing Gap permanently? If so, maybe with the expansion of Spring Creek Plaza in Edmond they can bring in some of the more traditional "mall" retailers like Gap, Banana Republic, Pottery Barn, etc.
    I suppose they could locate there but the Spring Creek Expansion is going to be typical cookie cutter strip mall with elements taken from the existing development. Overall is a nice development but I'm not sure it is something Gap would be excited to move into.

Quote Originally Posted by brianinok View Post
    GAP is scaling back and closing many of their stores over the next year and half.

https://www.businessinsider.com/gap-...w-years-2019-3

In the age of online shopping and individuals not being as brand specific with clothing as in the past, it's hard to think there would be a demand for a store in Spring Creek. If you want GAP, Banana Republic, etc, you can drive to Penn Square Mall, and GAP knows it. They will probably have one focus store in each market in sizes similar to OKC.

I applaud QSM's management in re-purposing space to entertainment and experiences versus traditional clothing and retail.

16. Default Re: Quail Springs Mall

Shoe Dept will be moving to the large former Forever21 spot and Vans will be moving to the Von Maur wing.

Work has started on entrance relocation. Shoe Dept looks to be close to moving to new spot. They took down main sign to move over to new location and some of the shelving was gone(shoe boxes are piled on the floor).

Went to the movies at Quail AMC 24 last night. Walking through the mall has such a strange feel to it. I realize it's going through changes but nevertheless it felt so abandoned. If I had a retail space there you'd have to convince me strongly to stay even though upcoming improvements are supposedly the fix all to a abandoned mall. Good luck Quail Springs...you need it.

Man. I got just the opposite. I went midday on a Saturday a few weeks ago, and I felt like a lot of the employees were super excited about what was coming to the mall. Also, the mall was packed. I went there with some friends to Breakout Escape Rooms (which you all should try, that place has some AMAZING rooms) and I talked with an employee for a bit. He was saying they've been doing really well, financially and have been for a while.

In all honesty, that mall SEEMS like it might be doing poorly, but it really is becoming a different sort of destination. It's not just all shopping. It'll be a minute, but once Round1 opens up, we will have that, the aquarium, Breakout Escape Rooms, the glow in the dark mini golf place (don't knock it, it was a cheap and fun way to waste an hour before our escape room was ready), unique to OKC shopping, the best mall food court in OK and AMC really has stepped it up with all the competition coming in. And that's not to even mention the big ass Lifetime Fitness that's constantly packed. And the plethora of restaurants around the mall.

I really think this little revamp of the mall is going to work wonders. Instead of just shopping, families/get together will be able to spend nearly a full day there without ever having to leave. I'm really excited about that. I feel like they are embracing a bit more of a lifestyle center than just a mall. Rather than going there for an hour to shop, we'll be able to spend a full day there, enjoy some activities AND shop.

Quote Originally Posted by bucktalk View Post
    Went to the movies at Quail AMC 24 last night. Walking through the mall has such a strange feel to it. I realize it's going through changes but nevertheless it felt so abandoned. If I had a retail space there you'd have to convince me strongly to stay even though upcoming improvements are supposedly the fix all to a abandoned mall. Good luck Quail Springs...you need it.
    If they stayed there that long at Quail Springs mall, I would fill optimistic about the future(unless your the owner of the small arcade). Round 1 and the aquarium are going to bring in a lot of foot traffic. Most of the empty space are for those two businesses.

And of course, this is the slowest time of the year for retail and movie theaters.

I bet by next fall you'll see strong crowds. QS is doing better than a lot of malls.

Quote Originally Posted by Colbafone View Post

In all honesty, that mall SEEMS like it might be doing poorly, but it really is becoming a different sort of destination. It's not just all shopping. It'll be a minute, but once Round1 opens up, we will have that, the aquarium, Breakout Escape Rooms, the glow in the dark mini golf place (don't knock it, it was a cheap and fun way to waste an hour before our escape room was ready), unique to OKC shopping, the best mall food court in OK and AMC really has stepped it up with all the competition coming in. And that's not to even mention the big ass Lifetime Fitness that's constantly packed. And the plethora of restaurants around the mall.
    It has the potential to be the best food court. At its present state its still pretty sad with the number of empty food court spots. There is a new burger place going in though, so that's promising.

If they stayed there that long at Quail Springs mall, I would fill optimistic about the future(unless your the owner of the small arcade). Round 1 and the aquarium are going to bring in a lot of foot traffic. Most of the empty space are for those two businesses.
    If you have retail space there but you're barely holding on each month it will be a long wait for construction to be over and people start filtering in.

So where is the aquarium going to be?

Quote Originally Posted by roci28 View Post
    So where is the aquarium going to be?
    On the east side, Von Maur side. Most of it looks to be on the second level, but they have some first level space as well.

Thread Information