Widgets Magazine
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 202122232425

Thread: Austin! Continues to attract "High Tech"!!

Default Re: Austin! Continues to attract "High Tech"!!

I tell ya, ever since COVID, Austin has been dropping some incredible large projects. I mean mega size on a global scale. From Giga Texas, to Samsung Taylor which will be one of the largest if not the largest semiconductor plant in the world. Also as of this past Monday the Austin area hosted its grand opening of the world's largest Buc-ees with 120 fuel pumps. All of this in one metropolitan area.

Updates:

Giga Texas

Samsung Taylor

Buc'ees

All credit sources are found on google

Credit to Joe Tegtmeyer.

More updates about Giga Texas and all things Elon. From the new massive Lithium plant in Corpus Christi, to Starbase rocket 🚀 launch and expansion.

Austin Developers abandoned residential projects.

https://www.newsweek.com/texas-citie...plunge-1911419

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser214 View Post
    Austin Developers abandoned residential projects.

https://www.newsweek.com/texas-citie...plunge-1911419
    Did you insert the wrong article? This says nothing to that effect.

Had some free time a few weeks ago to go downtown.

A few overlook pictures I took over the weekend

8. Default Re: Austin! Continues to attract "High Tech"!!

I just wish they could address their homeless population. I was shocked to see how many there were. I know we have our share here but it is crazy there.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryOKC6 View Post
    I just wish they could address their homeless population. I was shocked to see how many there were. I know we have our share here but it is crazy there.
    Me too. Austin is pretty much California now with trash and graffiti everywhere.

10. Default Re: Austin! Continues to attract "High Tech"!!

Quote Originally Posted by JoninATX View Post
    Me too. Austin is pretty much California now with trash and graffiti everywhere.
    It is terrible that Californians are leaving Cali because of all the bad politics and come somewhere like Texas (or Oklahoma)... then try to bring those same policies here! Hopefully, that stays confined to Austin.

Quote Originally Posted by bamarsha View Post
    It is terrible that Californians are leaving Cali because of all the bad politics and come somewhere like Texas (or Oklahoma)... then try to bring those same policies here! Hopefully, that stays confined to Austin.
    Better yet, they can choose to vacate both states and move to somewhere like Colorado. They'll fit right in.

Nice Pics !

Blog Entries

Not politics, it’s the cost.

Blog Entries

Not politics, it’s the cost, capable workforce availability, infrastructure.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Not politics, it’s the cost, capable workforce availability, infrastructure.
    Politics are part of it and affect both cost and infrastructure. To act like the political environment out there has nothing to do with it is just denial.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    Nice Pics !
    Appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    Politics are part of it and affect both cost and infrastructure. To act like the political environment out there has nothing to do with it is just denial.
    Obviously politics play a role in some capacity. That does’t change that what Rover said is closer to reality than “all the people that ruined California are now moving to Texas to ruin it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi Blues View Post
    Obviously politics play a role in some capacity. That does’t change that what Rover said is closer to reality than “all the people that ruined California are now moving to Texas to ruin it.”
    that’s the problem…neither is close to reality. What Rover said was just as far off in the other direction. Saying that politics is not a factor at all is just as absurd as saying it’s the only factor.

Blog Entries

that’s the problem…neither is close to reality. What Rover said was just as far off in the other direction. Saying that politics is not a factor at all is just as absurd as saying it’s the only factor.
    I didn't say it has NO effect. Political beliefs are reflected in taxes, infrastructure development, etc. it also means that California’s stronger consumer protection laws and how the federal courts rule on it has led some companies to move headquarters out to avoid a certain amount of responsibility for bad results from their products. They generally move to states with low responsibility to the consumer.

The high costs driving others out is a result of high demand to live there that has existed for many decades now. High rates of business growth and population growth leads to higher demand and higher costs. Low population and gdp growth in Oklahoma has created chronically low prices. Financial osmosis will cause moves from expensive and crowded to cheap and spacious as long as enough job growth can support it.

Take out “not politics” but leave “it’s the cost, capable workforce available, infrastructure” and it’s really not as outlandish of an assessment as you’re making it seem. Certainly not the other end of the spectrum.

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi Blues View Post
    Take out “not politics” but leave “it’s the cost, capable workforce available, infrastructure” and it’s really not as outlandish of an assessment as you’re making it seem. Certainly not the other end of the spectrum.
    disagree as politics definitely affect costs and to an extent infrastructure.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I didn't say it has NO effect. Political beliefs are reflected in taxes, infrastructure development, etc. it also means that California’s stronger consumer protection laws and how the federal courts rule on it has led some companies to move headquarters out to avoid a certain amount of responsibility for bad results from their products. They generally move to states with low responsibility to the consumer.

The high costs driving others out is a result of high demand to live there that has existed for many decades now. High rates of business growth and population growth leads to higher demand and higher costs. Low population and gdp growth in Oklahoma has created chronically low prices. Financial osmosis will cause moves from expensive and crowded to cheap and spacious as long as enough job growth can support it.
    That’s fair.

disagree as politics definitely affect costs and to an extent infrastructure.
    We’ve all said as much and I agreed with you prior to Rover’s clarification. My only position was I didn’t feel it was fair to discount the nuances in Rover’s comment and lump it into the same group of absurdity as Austin being awful due to all the Californians moving there.

Thread Information