Widgets Magazine
Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Devon Construction Cam

Default Re: Devon Tower Construction Cam!

The tower entrance will sit at the current street level. We are watching the foundation and basement being set.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWestOKC View Post
    The tower entrance will sit at the current street level. We are watching the foundation and basement being set.
    ok i get that but what about the tower crane? the bottom is going to get covered by dirt.

3. Default Re: Devon Tower Construction Cam!

The crane will be removed, and the left-over open spaces around the building that remain after they are finished with the various foundation areas will eventually be backfilled.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    The crane will be removed, and the left-over open spaces around the building that remain after they are finished with the various foundation areas will eventually be backfilled.
    how long is that going to take?

More recent pics from west side:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/richardsranch
    Last edited by Pete; 03-08-2010 at 02:28 PM.

Here is the URL to the photos. I cant attach it on the site so I wil just cut and paste it from now on.

Flickr: Richardsranch's Photostream

MadMonk Guest

Interesting photo, Planman.

Yeah it is amazing to see 6 Drilling rigs, 4 concrete pumping trucks and 6 cranes all working simultaneously. Talk about coordination! That truly is amazing to see how well orchestrated this project is.

9. Default Re: Devon Tower Construction Cam!

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    I could be wrong, but pretty sure the Colcord sits back further east than the Oklahoma Tower. It would also have a better angle at the pit and the podium area unlike the Oklahoma Tower angle.
    Of course it's further east. The point is that the Colcord is closer to the tower than Oklahoma Tower. The Colcord is immediately east of the tower, whereas OK Tower is separated by the east Galleria garage. See Architect's sketchup of the Colcord view for what I'm talking about. Yes for a couple weeks it would be a good view looking down, but as soon as the building is up to around 10 floors, it would be a worthless view.

This IS very cool indeed! But I say, why stop at 50 floors? Why should Dubai have the tallest building in the world?

Quote Originally Posted by possumfritter View Post
    This IS very cool indeed! But I say, why stop at 50 floors? Why should Dubai have the tallest building in the world?
    agreed haha

It's final going up! but when are they going to start the podium and glass rotunda.

They are still tying the steel for the foundation. Once they get that complete they will pour the concrete, and then they will have to extend and pour the main columns up as well. then we will see the tower begin to emerge.
    The podium building is ongoing and they have been pouring columns for that almost from the begining.

ok. but i wish they had a cam for that too.

have they even started on the glass rotunda yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Troypin View Post
    have they even started on the glass rotunda yet?
    My guess is that will be the last part done. They don't want workers and a lot of glass 850' below a building under construction. One dropped hammer could kill people.

17. Default Re: Devon Tower Construction Cam!

Just curious but Is the pour today?? Kinda looks like they are laying planks that you could walk on while directing concrete from a pumper truck. Also is there a way to maybe zoom in a little bit for the pour?? I hope some people get some good pics to post for before and after. I would do It but I am stuck home sick with 2 sick kids. Love the Oklahoma Weather rollercoaster!

I download a picture from this webcam every day so that I will be able to scan through them later on after things go up and see the progress...simple to do and store on your own computer.

Quote Originally Posted by jmarkross View Post
    I download a picture from this webcam every day so that I will be able to scan through them later on after things go up and see the progress...simple to do and store on your own computer.
    Someone went thru the trouble of making time lapse videos doing this. They are pretty cool to watch. The links are in one of these threads somewhere and are on YouTube.

Exclamation Re: Devon Tower Construction Cam!

It looks like they are setting up an east tower crane! I hope they are still going to start pouring the mat tonight after the Thunder game through Saturday evening or start Saturday.

Is anyone planning on making a long term time lapse viedo. Say.. pictures every hour or couple hours to span over several days?

- Nick

What is that "stuff" on the southside of the pit?

Quote Originally Posted by soonerwilliam View Post
    It looks like they are setting up an east tower crane! I hope they are still going to start pouring the mat tonight after the Thunder game through Saturday evening or start Saturday.
    I was wondering about that as I was over at the site at lunch. Snapped a photo which is in the other thread. The were off loading the base when I was there. It looks like the existing crane can cover almost the entire site. Hard to imagine that it'll grow ~4 times as tall.

It's not uncommon to have two tower cranes on site, double the effort...........

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue_Company_One View Post
    Just curious but Is the pour today?? Kinda looks like they are laying planks that you could walk on while directing concrete from a pumper truck. Also is there a way to maybe zoom in a little bit for the pour?? I hope some people get some good pics to post for before and after. I would do It but I am stuck home sick with 2 sick kids. Love the Oklahoma Weather rollercoaster!
    I just finished taking pictures of the site, but you'll have to wait till tomorrow to see them. (We'll see if I can get them uploaded.) I'm late for bed time now.

Thread Information