Widgets Magazine
Page 24 of 82 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282974 ... LastLast

Thread: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

Default Re: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by sroberts24 View Post
    I keep refreshing the page to see if there are any renderings from the meeting!
    You'll be waiting weeks. They likely don't have them fully ready yet. Probably not til after TIF is approved.

How can they ask for $200M which is 37% of the project and not have solid renderings? If I was approving a decision like that, I would like to see something solid. That's a lot of money to give out, to just go off what's on paper.

Blog Entries

This pic is among some of the last renderings TMK.

Nobody stepped up and went to the meeting so we won't know if they presented images unless the Oklahoma covers it, and then they'll be behind a pay wall.

I would have dragged myself there but it's impossible for me to even drive a car right now.

Sorry Pete. I also didn't see the message until it was too late for me to make it.

Kind of surprising nothing has leaked, unless it was purely just an informational meeting with no renderings or anything. Not a peep on any of the typical OKC Twitter feeds.

If they want to break ground in the winter then they surely must have some pretty detailed drawings and plans made up by now.

The meeting today is a weird committee for Downtown TIF/MAPS. I've never been but their agendas in the past have only included text, so I suspect it's very much an administration and quick approval type of thing, so it can be passed on to the next level. But we don't know because nobody was there to see and hear what happened. If the Oklahoman doesn't have renderings by tomorrow, they probably weren't presented.

On July 18th is the Oklahoma City Economic Development Trust meeting which is usually the next step. Those are more elaborate and their agendas typically have lots of sexy renderings. I'll be keeping a sharp eye out.

I am sure if any new renderings were presented they will show up this evening in the Oklahoman or in the morning.

I would have gone but was obligated to a family lunch. Dang it.

Maybe we can contact someone on the board or involved with the development to send along some info/renderings. While they probably don't want to release anything too soon, they may enjoy the publicity and support from showing the renderings to a community like this one.

Quote Originally Posted by shavethewhales View Post
    Maybe we can contact someone on the board or involved with the development to send along some info/renderings. While they probably don't want to release anything too soon, they may enjoy the publicity and support from showing the renderings to a community like this one.
    They won't respond -- I've tried this with committees before.

I am anxious to see the renderings! Hopefully, it will have a wow factor and pops with the existing skyline! Not so much generic and predictable. Stay tuned.

Sorry you are ill, Pete. Get better soon. I didn’t see your message either and had a meeting out of town.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt View Post
    I was just going to post about that. I can't help but wonder if that image on the right is a very basic rendering of what will be developed. When they say the project would last 5-7 years, I'm guessing that means building out everything aside from the towers?

These are all from the KOCO video. Trying to hurt down better renderings and plans.

All of those came from the attached meeting PDF available here: https://okc.primegov.com/meeting/att...he%20Boardwalk. It isn't any new info, but at least the PDF has better quality. I saw this earlier, but assumed these were the known renderings and we were waiting on something more detailed/visual.

At least in the really general massing photos, the buildings don't look nearly as tall as I would have expected for the stated number of apartments. Also including less than 1 parking space per unit, excluding the public parking side, is an interesting (and encouraging!) choice.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2082.jpeg 
Views:	126 
Size:	2.60 MB 
ID:	18112

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Nobody stepped up and went to the meeting so we won't know if they presented images unless the Oklahoma covers it, and then they'll be behind a pay wall.

I would have dragged myself there but it's impossible for me to even drive a car right now.
    Sorry Pete, I saw it this morning but was already in Tulsa today. Would’ve been happy to go if I’d been in town.

Hope you feel better!

I know it’s been probably discussed a million times but I wish there was a relatively painless way to connect the canal to the lagoon. Would be a cool stop for the riverboats and nice pedestrian access to the canal/rest of bricktown. Just seems like it would be a massive missed opportunity that would elevate both this project and the canal.

Quote Originally Posted by Southsider2 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2082.jpeg 
Views:	126 
Size:	2.60 MB 
ID:	18112
    Just to be clear, that is a "design inspiration" photo, not a rendering of this exact project.

Very Cool! I'm confused no mention of Dream Hotel?

Quote Originally Posted by LocoAko View Post
    Just to be clear, that is a "design inspiration" photo, not a rendering of this exact project.
    Yep you're correct. I took a pic of it during the news broadcast prior to seeing the packet you posted. Good catch!

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser214 View Post
    Very Cool! I'm confused no mention of Dream Hotel?
    Since it is getting no TIF funds, that would be beyond the purview of the meeting.

But the PDF mentioned above by LokoAko mentioned the 348 key hotel.

Renderings are still very bland and conceptual, we still don't have any solid renderings. We don't know what materials, glassing, height, etc. I don't understand, this should all be done by now.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    Sorry Pete, I saw it this morning but was already in Tulsa today. Would’ve been happy to go if I’d been in town.

Hope you feel better!

I know it’s been probably discussed a million times but I wish there was a relatively painless way to connect the canal to the lagoon. Would be a cool stop for the riverboats and nice pedestrian access to the canal/rest of bricktown. Just seems like it would be a massive missed opportunity that would elevate both this project and the canal.
    Why don’t they just do a lock/dam?

Thread Information