Widgets Magazine
Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Quail Springs Mall

Default Re: Quail Springs Mall

Quote Originally Posted by crs4380 View Post
    They could easily compete with Main Event and possibly force Main Event to push for being more competitive. Round 1 drives in a lot of business because of the what it's known for. There just isn't anything like it in Oklahoma. It's a Japanese owned entertainment venue business bringing in a lot of imported games from Japan and exclusives you won't see anywhere else in the country. Plus their selection in things to do is much wider than what Main Event has to offer.
    I didn't know the details, but I found about this location coming in from friends involved in the gaming community in Oklahoma, and they are absolutely going crazy about one opening here, so I figured there was something different about them.

Created a separate thread for Round1:

https://www.okctalk.com/showthread.php?t=45020

3. Default Re: Quail Springs Mall

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    A downsizing of Dillards to one level is another possibility. Didnt they already turn one level into a backstage clearence section or something like that?
    Granted, I haven't been in that Dillard's in a few months, but I seriously doubt this. This is a busy Dillard's, well-stocked, that has even increased the number of higher-end brands in the last few years. It needs a refresh to look better, but the store itself is actually a good store. And I've always found it busy. I would be shocked if Dillard's downgraded it. Even the Dillard's in Lawton and Shawnee are full line Dillard's.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    I didn't know the details, but I found about this location coming in from friends involved in the gaming community in Oklahoma, and they are absolutely going crazy about one opening here, so I figured there was something different about them.
    I shared this in a few big groups on FB the moment it was announced and I guess it spread like a wildfire.

Noticed AMC Quail applied for mixed beverage licensing. I kinda thought they already had one but I guess not.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderbird View Post
    Noticed AMC Quail applied for mixed beverage licensing. I kinda thought they already had one but I guess not.
    Yeah, did the same for the Penn Square location.

Doesn't Quail AMC have recliners now??

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerman View Post
    Doesn't Quail AMC have recliners now??

If you get dolby, yes.

I heard from a friend that the mall owners currently aren't renewing any leases and that the plan is to eventually demolish everything but the theater and Lifetime Fitness and redevelop the property. Anybody know if there's any truth to this?

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    I heard from a friend that the mall owners currently aren't renewing any leases and that the plan is to eventually demolish everything but the theater and Lifetime Fitness and redevelop the property. Anybody know if there's any truth to this?
    Rubbish.

They aren't renewing some leases in order to clear space for Round 1 and another 2-level retailer at the east end of the mall, likely Forever 21.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    if that were actually a serious plan, the mall owners wouldn't wait several years for leases to expire. they'd just buy them out and have the mall set for demolition within the next few months.

Seems our market could handle another Apple Store. Hope to see one here or phase 2 retail at CC. Would also be a decent fit for the expansion at Spring Creek if that ever happens.

Quote Originally Posted by mgharfeh View Post
    Seems our market could handle another Apple Store. Hope to see one here or phase 2 retail at CC. Would also be a decent fit for the expansion at Spring Creek if that ever happens.
    Speaking of Spring Creek, why don't the streets there connect to the Quail Springs outer road? Also, who owns the outer road, the mall or the city?

Quote Originally Posted by rte66man View Post
    Speaking of Spring Creek, why don't the streets there connect to the Quail Springs outer road? Also, who owns the outer road, the mall or the city?
    Spring Creek is in Edmond, over by UCO. It isn't anywhere near Quail.

Interesting. Wonder how much space this is taking up.

Anyone know where it's footprint will be

On Facebook they told me it will be in the old shoe depot space, occupying 22,000 SQ. I'm not familiar enough with the mall to know where that is.

Quote Originally Posted by jccouger View Post
    On Facebook they told me it will be in the old shoe depot space, occupying 22,000 SQ. I'm not familiar enough with the mall to know where that is.
    That is where Round 1 is going. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    That is where Round 1 is going. Weird.
    Pete Can you find out more about what is going on is Round One still being built at Quail Springs Mall?

"old shoe depot space" May not be referring to Shoe Department Encore. The mall is about to start construction on the new entrance.

This will be the new location for Shoe Dept. Encore which is moving to make way for Round 1.

So was the aquarium place fake news?

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    So was the aquarium place fake news?
    I was told Blue Zoo will be next to Von Maur. Guessing I’d say it’ll be upstairs across from Hair Academy where that cowboy-ish store used to be.

There’s this but don’t expect any real details from this stellar reporting:

https://www.news9.com/story/41311400...egin-next-week

Thread Information