Widgets Magazine
Page 23 of 96 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272873 ... LastLast

Thread: Midtown

1. Default Re: Any New Midtown Developments?

Steve L did some video up on the roof a month or so ago. Looked really cool. Everything Steve M touches turns into an awesome project.

Default Re: Any New Midtown Developments?

Of course it will eventually get too cold to use that space but a few well placed outdoor heaters can extend the season.

Default Re: Any New Midtown Developments?

nevermind that it is not in midtown

Default MidTown and the Osler Building

I just moved to Midtown and OKC and so I'll probably have some questions that are naive... so I apologize in advance. I have really been impressed with the MidTown area and I think the area has even greater potential. Plaza Court is doing well, Automobile Alley is off to a great start, and 9th street (Iguana, Pachinco, Sara Sara, and Shop Good) is becoming a really hip area. I have 2 questions about the area that y'all might be able to help me with.

#1: What is the place that is going in in Autombile Alley at 9th and Broadway that has a sign in the window that says, "Nothing to see here... Or is there?" They have a website www.oristhere.com. I was just curious.

#2: What is up with the Osler Building? It seems like a really nice old building. Is there anything in the building or plans for it? It seems like it would be an excellent place for residential or office space...

Thanks in advance.

5. Default Re: MidTown and the Osler Building

Hey Kilgore, I did a blog post recently where I looked at a lot of the changes planned for 10th Street, which you might want to check out. Here's the link: http://downtownontherange.blogspot.c...rising_29.html

The Osler will eventually be rehabbed, but probably not for at least another 5 years. 10 is more realistic IMO. It is owned by the same company doing everything else (just about) right now and is on the list to be turned into residential after Hadden Hall, Guardian Lofts, the Cline, 1212, etc..

6. Default Re: MidTown and the Osler Building

ug, i hate it when people advertise their blogs instead of answering a question.

Default Re: MidTown and the Osler Building

He actually did answer the question, in addition to promoting a very long, well-researched blog post on other developments that the OP would probably be interested in. No problem in doing that.

I agree with King183. Spartan had a great blog post on this subject. Why wouldn't he direct someone there if he thought it would provide a more complete answer to a question. He was trying to be helpful- I don't ever comment on these kinds of personal skirmishes, but I think some people criticize simply to criticize.

BTW, I appreciated the link that Spartan provided. It was very helpful. Thanks!

Exactly, would you rather he reposted the entire blog entry here?

11. Default Re: MidTown and the Osler Building

I consider it spam. Others here do it as well, so I'm not just picking on Spartan. If we think this forum is full of people's opinions, what do we think a blog is? If it works for you, great. I'm still not a fan. I used to blog as well, but I didn't go around plopping a URL everywhere for it.

12. Default Re: MidTown and the Osler Building

Bomber, I respect your opinion but Nick did nothing other than answer the question and in a much more meaningful way than the answer would have otherwise been. Do you think that it would have been better for him to NOT to give the information?

It's one of Nick's better articles, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    I consider it spam. Others here do it as well, so I'm not just picking on Spartan. If we think this forum is full of people's opinions, what do we think a blog is? If it works for you, great. I'm still not a fan. I used to blog as well, but I didn't go around plopping a URL everywhere for it.
    Generally speaking, spam is something that is unsolicited. Considering that he posted the link as a pretty good answer to a question, it's almost the very definition of something that isn't spam.

Good God.. read the guy's blog. It is excellent and exactly on-point. Quit being so damn petty bomber.

15. Default Re: MidTown and the Osler Building

Maybe I should start a new thread? I've been looking at land in the Cottage District (I prefer SoSA since really the new construction are certainly not cottages). I'd like to build a modern home in the area. It's closer in than currently and I like the potential vibe. Does anyone have any insight? I saw where one of the lots sold for 65k. That's, in my opinion, a stifling price. These are after all, relatively small, inner city lots in an area that will continue to be spotty until people who are genuinely interested and have the financial wherewithal to build do just that. So, opinions? Who here would pay more than 15k for one of these small lots? And, does anyone think that this area will continue to develop if the speculators buy them at 15k and ask 40-60k for them? Plus, and this is just a question, does anyone think that the UCD is easy to work with when building in this area or do you have to "know" somebody?

16. Default Re: MidTown and the Osler Building

Nick, maybe you answer this question in the blog post (which I've yet to have time to read), but why do you think it will take so long to get the Osler open? It being smack dab in the middle of the hottest part of Midtown, I think it would sell out/fully lease instantly if converted to condos or rentals NOW.
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

Quote Originally Posted by ThePlainsman View Post
    Maybe I should start a new thread? I've been looking at land in the Cottage District (I prefer SoSA since really the new construction are certainly not cottages). I'd like to build a modern home in the area. It's closer in than currently and I like the potential vibe. Does anyone have any insight? I saw where one of the lots sold for 65k. That's, in my opinion, a stifling price. These are after all, relatively small, inner city lots in an area that will continue to be spotty until people who are genuinely interested and have the financial wherewithal to build do just that. So, opinions? Who here would pay more than 15k for one of these small lots? And, does anyone think that this area will continue to develop if the speculators buy them at 15k and ask 40-60k for them? Plus, and this is just a question, does anyone think that the UCD is easy to work with when building in this area or do you have to "know" somebody?
    what cross streets are these lots you speak of?

seems like if you can keep the lot cost to 1/3 or 1/4 of total project, it would be a good deal.

but sure, who wouldn't want to pay 15k for a lot when they are going for more, lol?

the clagg/howard group is now moving along at a little slower pace ... they finish 4 buildings west of st anthony (3 res) and are now moving on to hadden hall

they didn't start with the osler because of how big of a project it is and they are fairly conservative .. it is on their list and IMHO it will be done within the next 5 years

19. Default Re: MidTown and the Osler Building

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown84 View Post
    Nick, maybe you answer this question in the blog post (which I've yet to have time to read), but why do you think it will take so long to get the Osler open? It being smack dab in the middle of the hottest part of Midtown, I think it would sell out/fully lease instantly if converted to condos or rentals NOW.
    Well, they've been working on the Packard for 4 years now, still at least a year to go. And there are still a lot of projects between now (the Packard and Hadden) and then (Osler and 1212). They seem to be taking their time doing each project right, focusing on a lot of details, and as BoulderSooner said, they are also being fairly conservative.

Sorry if my posting of the link is seen as spamming. As was alluded to, I had more information than anyone would want posted in a thread and just thought someone who recently moved to Mid-town would be interested in what we're supposed to believe is the Mid-town modus operandii. The more people that I can make aware of these masterplans, hopefully the closer we can get to actually realizing some of these. Also, I've noticed that threads on here tend to disappear after a while--so the blog format is good for retaining information I've compiled in the past.

20. Default Re: MidTown and the Osler Building

But Hadden is supposed to be done by December I thought. And who said that the Packard would take another year? It's leasing now, or at least according to their website it is. And don't apologize Spartan. I had read the plan for that area before your blog entry, but it was a great read anyways and I enjoyed it thoroughly.

I'm excited for 1212 and the Osler to just start. Those two buildings are going to be jewels.

And lastly. Can someone please answer the OP's first question? Because I checked it out and it's very intriguing indeed. I must know who that space belongs to now and what will come of it. Really clever promotional campaign too.

21. Default Re: MidTown and the Osler Building

All of the MidTown Redevelopment properties have had leasing signs in front of them for years, including the Packard. I understand they had a deal last month that fell through. I am hardly saying that I think the project is doomed, because I actually think they have some real winners. But I just don't think there is much more urgency in the leasing than there was last year.

I just think for anyone excited to see 1212 and Osler (which I too am pumped for) is going to get tired of waiting after a while. I just hope people don't get as jaded as me in waiting for these projects, and it really is a good thing that they are taking their time and getting it right. So I'm just saying, don't expect it in the next 5 years or you may be disappointed.

I am still seriously holding out hope that Full Circle might move into the Packard..that would be a huge deal for everyone involved.. Full Circle, Clagg/Howard, and Mid-town.

I would assume Full Circle is moving somewhere. With Balliet's leaving, I'm sure virtually everyone left at 50 Penn is seriously thinking about moving. I know one of the salesgirls at Route 66 told me they were looking into a new location. It seems like Midtown would be a great place for them.

23. Default Re: MidTown and the Osler Building

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    I would assume Full Circle is moving somewhere. With Balliet's leaving, I'm sure virtually everyone left at 50 Penn is seriously thinking about moving. I know one of the salesgirls at Route 66 told me they were looking into a new location. It seems like Midtown would be a great place for them.
    All of them are most likely moving further north. The only way we can keep that from happening is if we jump on this opportunity to make downtown retail happen. This is an opportunity to bring some of the 50 Penn retailers downtown, seeing as 50 Penn is done.

Yeah! No one answered my other question? What is that building at 9th and Broadway going to be? According to the countdown on their website they are opening soon... What is it?!?

25. Default Re: MidTown and the Osler Building

County records show that it is owned by "Urban Redevelopers" which is kind of vague. Other buildings on the block though are owned by the Salyers, who are putting a Hideaway possibly in on the other side of the block. Here, who knows.

Just a guess, it will be a Rand Elliott project. They have a facebook here
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Oklaho...a=6&ajaxpipe=1

Thread Information