Widgets Magazine
Page 23 of 81 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272873 ... LastLast

Thread: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

Default Re: Bricktown Boardwalk / Dream Hotel

900 unites between 2 towers should be taller than 25 or 26 stories per tower. Right?

Default Re: Bricktown Boardwalk / Dream Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser214 View Post
    900 unites between 2 towers should be taller than 25 or 26 stories per tower. Right?
    I was thinking at least one tower has to be north of 30 stories right?

Default Re: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

That would be incredible. If Cube3 is the architect for the entire development, some of their other highrise residential projects include:

https://www.cube3.com/portfolio_page/second_peabody/
    Tower 1 will boast 32 stories and Tower 2, 36 stories, and the hotel tower will stand 18 stories tall.

https://www.cube3.com/portfolio_page/hancock-st/
    15-story, 204-unit residential tower

https://www.cube3.com/portfolio_page/11-andrews/
    499-feet to the mechanical screen, and yield an estimated 732,000 square feet of space including 425 residential units

https://www.cube3.com/portfolio_page...-the-district/
    32-stories with the design likeness of The Element and SkyPoint Downtown peaking at 346 feet with 334-units

https://www.cube3.com/portfolio_page...ofts-on-fifth/
    30 -story building with 354 units

https://www.cube3.com/portfolio_page/1836-biscayne/
    40-story tower will stand at 418-feet and include 364 residential units

These are in Miami and Nashville, so I'm sure they are offering larger units for those markets but anything close to 300 units is near or above 30 stories.

For reference, this is a proposed project in downtown Denver that is 611 apartment units with 96 hotel rooms:

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    For reference, this is a proposed project in downtown Denver that is 611 apartment units with 96 hotel rooms:
    Which makes me think this is 4 towers (3 residential and 1 hotel (hopefully still Dream)). If so, that would insane from Bricktown, and would hopefully lead to more retail down that area, aside from this project's almost 60k sq feet of retail.

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/news...g/70385118007/

According to the article, will be 28 story twin towers to start. Also states presentation will be given Thursday for TIF District Review Committee. So I would suspect we should see new visuals then.

SPECIAL MEETING - Downtown/MAPS Tax Increment District Review Committee
    Date: 07/06/2023 10:00 AM
    420 W Main Basement Large Conference Room
    420 W Main St.
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73102

From the Oklahoman:
    Matteson’s development experience dates back 40 years with projects including The Residences at Little Nell and other residential projects in Aspen, Colorado, the Icon Hotel in Houston, the Saphire Tower developments in San Diego and Miami, and a 5,000-acre master plan in Tuscany, Italy, that included a hotel, villas, a winery and culinary school.
    A final contract would then need to be submitted again to the Economic Development Trust and city council. Matteson hopes to start construction this winter should the agreement be approved

Eager to see Pete's OKCTalk reporting on this subject, until then I will reserve further comments! But it sounds promising!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    To put that 900 number into perspective, that would be like combining, LIFT, Steeylard and The Edge.

Would be by far the biggest housing development downtown and probably the entire city.
    Brookwood Village on S. Western has 1,128 units.

https://journalrecord.com/2017/06/22...-60-5-million/

I understand Catch22's reasonable skepticism, but this is a legit developer. It's about time that OKC gets more high-rise residential. If this is built with anything approaching the quality of those developments in Nashville and South Florida this will be a transformational development for Bricktown and downtown.

I love the ultra modern look of Cube 3's designs. But since this in Bricktown, will these buildings need brick facades? I actually hope they don't. I want that ultra modern design. Though I guess they could incorporate some brick facade and still have the modern look.

Given it's location, I don't think brick should be a requirement, although, 28 stories you could do some incredible designs where the 1st 4 stories are all brick and then as you go up the building the brick begins to fade out...almost as if it's evaporating.

I wonder if they were originally planning for more hotel before the Omni deal nixed public incentive for hotels.

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    I wonder if they were originally planning for more hotel before the Omni deal nixed public incentive for hotels.
    Originally, 2 hotels were planned. But Unscripted pulled out and Dream increased in size.

I'd guess residential towers at 28 feet likely puts these between Valliance Bank and Oklahoma Tower heights. From where they sit, that will definitely expand the feel of the skyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    I'd guess residential towers at 28 feet likely puts these between Valliance Bank and Oklahoma Tower heights. From where they sit, that will definitely expand the feel of the skyline.
    Remember, residential and hotel structures have significantly lower floor-to-ceiling heights.

Probably the best guest would be to extrapolate from the Omni.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    I understand Catch22's reasonable skepticism, but this is a legit developer. It's about time that OKC gets more high-rise residential. If this is built with anything approaching the quality of those developments in Nashville and South Florida this will be a transformational development for Bricktown and downtown.
    My post was more about not wanting to click on a link to the Oklahoman. I am patient enough to wait for an OKCTalk report that I know will be truthful and not copy and pasted PR fluff or “shooting from the hip” with inaccurate or misleading info.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    My post was more about not wanting to click on a link to the Oklahoman. I am patient enough to wait for an OKCTalk report that I know will be truthful and not copy and pasted PR fluff or “shooting from the hip” with inaccurate or misleading info.
    But this was actually a decent article. Not bad at all. Not PR fluff. I get the skepticism, though.

Best thing is to always find out for yourself. Not sure if the meeting at 10A is open to the public or if it will be streamed live, even if we don't get new visuals, I am sure they will provide new information about the project.

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    Best thing is to always find out for yourself. Not sure if the meeting at 10A is open to the public or it will be streamed live, even if we don't get new visuals, I am sure they will provide new information about the project.
    It is open to the public but not televised and I'm looking for a volunteer to go, but I'm sick as a dog:

Unfortunately, I'm dealing with health problems so I cannot go but OKCTalk needs a volunteer to attend today's Downtown/MAPS Tax Increment District Review Committee meeting and take photos of the renderings and plans for the twin 28-story residential towers at the Boardwalk at Bricktown.

July 6, 2023
    10:00 AM
    420 W. Main St.
    Basement Conference Room

It's a public meeting; all are welcome and you can record video and take photos. There is only one other small agenda item so you wouldn't have to sit through a bunch of boring stuff.

Please reply here if you can cover this for us. As you take photos, you can text them to me (DM me for my phone #) and I'll post them right away.

TIA!

Remember, residential and hotel structures have significantly lower floor-to-ceiling heights.

Probably the best guest would be to extrapolate from the Omni.
    214 ft ÷ 17 stories = 12.58

12 x 28 = 336.

Valliance tower is 321 and Oklahoma is 410 (that would be 14 foot floors).

I'd guess much closer to the Valliance towers, but that will be really tall in comparison to the rest of Bricktown and would obviously be taller than the Omni by a good margin.

23. Default Re: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHayes View Post
    I love the ultra modern look of Cube 3's designs. But since this in Bricktown, will these buildings need brick facades? I actually hope they don't. I want that ultra modern design. Though I guess they could incorporate some brick facade and still have the modern look.
    Properties south of Reno are not subject to Bricktown Urban Design Committee review. Urban Renewal, with whom Hogan has a development agreement, can influence the overall design but won’t require strict adherence to the historically-influenced design standard for Bricktown proper (the part north of Reno).

24. Default Re: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

It is open to the public but not televised and I'm looking for a volunteer to go, but I'm sick as a dog:

Unfortunately, I'm dealing with health problems so I cannot go but OKCTalk needs a volunteer to attend today's Downtown/MAPS Tax Increment District Review Committee meeting and take photos of the renderings and plans for the twin 28-story residential towers at the Boardwalk at Bricktown.

July 6, 2023
    10:00 AM
    420 W. Main St.
    Basement Conference Room

It's a public meeting; all are welcome and you can record video and take photos. There is only one other small agenda item so you wouldn't have to sit through a bunch of boring stuff.

Please reply here if you can cover this for us. As you take photos, you can text them to me (DM me for my phone #) and I'll post them right away.

TIA!
    Dang, wish I had seen this sooner. I totally could have gone. Sending you good vibes and fast healing!

I keep refreshing the page to see if there are any renderings from the meeting!

Thread Information