Widgets Magazine
Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Hi, I'm Kent. I post because it encourages my proofreading. Doesn't help, but it does encourage it. Went to NW back in the 60s.
    The Devon tower article at the Oklahoman sent me here.

2. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Quote Originally Posted by MestaParkMan View Post
    I miss star 7. I saw DJ Keoki there back in the day. Great to know you are back in OKC.
    thank you... i'm glad to be back!

Howdy!

I've lived in Oklahoma all of my 31 years...almost all in the OKC area. I was one of few my age who avoided the "brain drain" and decided to stay and set up shop in OKC. I'm proud of what we are doing in our city especially in terms of the arts. We have a way to go but I'm happy to be an active part of the growth.

Hi, my name is Marc, I can't remember if I've posted before here or not, so,I'm originally from Iowa, I moved here to OKC on my 25th birthday, lol . That will be ten years ago in January. I am divorced, I have ten year old twin girls who will be eleven next month, other than that there isn't much else to say about me.

Hi, all, I am new to OKC, I moved here from the Boston metro area in August of last year, most of my family friends are back in MA. I am an active duty service member, I have spent about 4 months of the past year in OKC, I am currently deployed overseas and will be returning in Oct. As result, I don't know to many people in OKC, and hope to meet some people with similar interests, and get a better idea of what is going on in OKC through the forum. I am a Red Sox, Celtics, Patriots, and Bruins fan, conversion to anything else is not possible. Samuel Adams is the only brew and Ice Hockey is the only real sport.

Quote Originally Posted by mandellev View Post
    Hi, all, I am new to OKC, I moved here from the Boston metro area in August of last year, most of my family friends are back in MA. I am an active duty service member, I have spent about 4 months of the past year in OKC, I am currently deployed overseas and will be returning in Oct. As result, I don't know to many people in OKC, and hope to meet some people with similar interests, and get a better idea of what is going on in OKC through the forum. I am a Red Sox, Celtics, Patriots, and Bruins fan, conversion to anything else is not possible. Samuel Adams is the only brew and Ice Hockey is the only real sport.
    Thank you for your service to our country, and welcome to OKC!

Hello all ~
    Just moved to Edmond in July from Austin, Texas.
    I am really enjoying it so far. I hope to learn more about OKC and the area while enjoying this interesting site!
    Thanks for having me!

8. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Hey folks, my name is Chad, and I'm a longtime downtowner. Started out as a wet-behind-the-ears account executive for the Journal Record in 1992 (one of many jobs since!), and fell in love with downtown life almost immediately.

Since then I've been lucky enough to have quite a few opportunities to work in the shadows of some visionary people, in both a volunteer and staff capacity during Oklahoma City's downtown renaissance.

These days I'm more involved with Bricktown, but I've enjoyed associations with The Automobile Alley Main Street program and others. All of them have been incredibly rewarding, and seeing the city mature before my eyes has become one of my greatest pleasures in life.

I've lurked on this board for a number of years, but I've never posted, despite kind invites from Patrick and from some of my friends who post here, including Steve and Kim. From now on, I'll pipe up if I ever think that I can ever add anything worthwhile. Thanks for providing me a place to find great information, ideas and opinions!

Hi all.. my name is Diane and I have lived in OKC area all my life. I grew up northside OKC and now live in MWC. I'm a huge fan of NASCAR and OU football. I'm glad I found this site to keep up on everything and everyone in the city.

Welcome, Diane, from a fellow MWC-lover!

11. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Hello Everyone

I joined today to get some insight. Unfortunately I am not from OK, nor do I live there now, but I am coming for a visit!! And I am a big Sooners Fan!!! My husband & I aren't able to attend the Red River Shooutout in Texas this year, so we are going to do the next best thing, we are coming to OKC to watch the game. We are staying at the Colcord and are looking for suggestions to the best Sports Bar in Bricktown, or one that would have the best atmosphere to yell "Boomer Sooners" quite loudly! Also, we would like to check out some of the Haunted Houses in the area. Any feedback on the ones in Bricktown would be appreciated.

Thanks!!!!
    Shellie

I've been in Coach's during an OU game and it seems to be rather crimson and cream and boisterous. I myself was wearing orange at the time and felt much out of place.

13. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Thanks. We will check it out. Hopefully you left there with all your parts intact!!

Yes, I grew up an OU fan when it was the state's only professional team. I only went to OSU because it was farther from home and had a top 10 accounting school. I will cheer for OU when they are not playing my alma mater and have on occasion even cheered for OU then if they have a chance to play in an national championship.

hi , I grew up in Kansas, Lived in Texas for 20 year and Seattle for 3. I have been in OKC for a little over a year.

16. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Hello all!

I'm a local small business owner and aspiring entrepreneur in Oklahoma City. I'm an Okie born and raised and I run a small IT business and web development company.

That's it for now, everyone have a great week!!

O E

Hi everyone. I'm an old Okie, born, raised, schooled, and retired in OK! Have lived in several different OK cities, but have been in OKC metro for nearly 40 years.

Found this nice place quite by accident and find it to be very informative. Am looking forward to reading and posting.

Hi! My name is Chynna. I have lived in Oklahoma City all 19 years of my life. The first 18 were on the southside of Oklahoma City and this past year I have lived on the northside. I work as a legal assistant downtown and also go to school full-time.

I joined this site to stay informed on all of the things going on in our city. Plus, I have always been interested in seeing how differently people view different things. I'm not so opinionated myself, at least not outwardly, but hopefully this discussion board will stir up something for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Chynna802 View Post
    Hi! My name is Chynna. I have lived in Oklahoma City all 19 years of my life. The first 18 were on the southside of Oklahoma City and this past year I have lived on the northside. I work as a legal assistant downtown and also go to school full-time.

I joined this site to stay informed on all of the things going on in our city. Plus, I have always been interested in seeing how differently people view different things. I'm not so opinionated myself, at least not outwardly, but hopefully this discussion board will stir up something for me!
    Welcome, Chynna! Glad to have you.

Hi, I'm Rachel. I just relocated to OKC from the Akron, OH area. I work in Sales for a Fortune 100 company. I've lived here two weeks so far with my boyfriend and our dog...and we really like it!

Everyone keeps telling us "just wait until the spring storms roll in...just wait!"

21. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Welcome and so glad you like it here!

Hi everyone,

I found myself returning to this site more and more frequently so I decided to join up. I've lived in Oklahoma all my life and though I've traveled to many lovely places I can't imagine living anywhere else.
    I look forward to getting to know you all.

holiday

Hi, I'm Matt. I just found this board and thought I'd check it out - it's nice to see such a lively internet presence in our state! I wouldn't have thought it!

I'm 22 and have lived in Oklahoma, specifically Edmond, for 8 years now. I'm a college dropout and am currently a lowly data entry clerk. I love live music, good company, entertainment media in all its forms, and cutting-edge technology.

Hi, I'm Doc Scott;born at Baptist Hospital. Western Village Elem,Hefner Jr High;Graduated PC.
    Found site looking for info on My Pie Pizza
    Lots of good memories
    Doc Scott

25. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Welcome everyone!
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

Thread Information