Widgets Magazine
Page 23 of 88 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272873 ... LastLast

Thread: University Town Center

Default Re: UPDATE! University North Park

I seen a sign up behind Kohls/Dollar Tree today for an Ashley Home Store coming soon.

That's good news, I really like some of their furniture and hopefully it will be a better price than Mathis Bros. Cut out the middle man!

Quote Originally Posted by pw405 View Post
    That's good news, I really like some of their furniture and hopefully it will be a better price than Mathis Bros. Cut out the middle man!
    Its being built by/owned by, Mathis Brothers

Quote Originally Posted by rcjunkie View Post
    OMG I hope Rit makes an appearance

Quote Originally Posted by rcjunkie View Post
    Well, Fiddlesticks. Mathis does have a reasonable price to quality ratio though.

There's a dollar tree up there? Wow, real upscale.

Quote Originally Posted by zachj7 View Post
    There's a dollar tree up there? Wow, real upscale.
    I love Dollar Tree. You can buy good merchandise for a measly dollar.

I have their stock. Dollar Tree is the greatest store in the entire world.
    Any strip center is super lucky to have a Dollar Tree as a tenant.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Silliman View Post

I can't even begin to describe how I feel haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Silliman View Post

While DT may or may not be the greatest store in the world, this idea of greatness is not what the planners told the public would be going in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    While DT may or may not be the greatest store in the world, this idea of greatness is not what the planners told the public would be going in there.
    I am not a fan of Dollar Tree and would rather have more upscale options, but the planners DID say that there would be stores like that on THAT side of the road. The upscale part is supposed to be across the street between Crest and the Embassy Suites. This development is very misunderstood.

11. Default Re: UPDATE! University North Park

Quote Originally Posted by gamecock View Post
    I am not a fan of Dollar Tree and would rather have more upscale options, but the planners DID say that there would be stores like that on THAT side of the road. The upscale part is supposed to be across the street between Crest and the Embassy Suites. This development is very misunderstood.
    I have a sliver of hope left that with them establishing the traffic to that area now, and starting to get more fill in...that it will have the town center/lifestyle center developed on the east side of 24th do better.

Quote Originally Posted by venture79 View Post
    I have a sliver of hope left that with them establishing the traffic to that area now, and starting to get more fill in...that it will have the town center/lifestyle center developed on the east side of 24th do better.
    sigh.

13. Default Re: UPDATE! University North Park

Quote Originally Posted by Geographer View Post
    sigh.
    I know i know. However, I've seen lifestyle centers pop up everywhere up north and many fail miserably because there is no additional development around them. At least now there is a significant amount of people in that area every day which should help drive more people to the area to make a higher end store do well.

Quote Originally Posted by gamecock View Post
    There are 7000 Dollar Tree stores around the country including many in "Upscale" malls.
    There's a Dollar Tree in the Mall of America, at North Park Mall in Dallas and in many fine centers.
    You'll find some Dollar Trees next to Nordstrom's, next to Neiman's.

It is one of the more well run businesses in retailing.
    And I'm not just saying this because I've built Dollar Tree's in Connecticut, Long Island, Seattle, Portland, Florida,
    and in 30 other spots across the country.

The Dollar Tree brings traffic. Even the princesses and Lambo drivers drop in to fill their Gucci's they've just bought up the road.

15. Default Re: UPDATE! University North Park

I have some doubt that there is a nordstrom next to a dollar tree.

You have to keep in mind that this was developed during the real estate crash. Many discount retailers are finding themselves welcome in places they were once snubbed. They have the money to expand while others don't have money to expand or have the money and have chosen to invest in their exiting locations.

Quote Originally Posted by ChargerAg View Post
    I have some doubt that there is a nordstrom next to a dollar tree.
    Define 'next to' Here in Jax our new Nordstrom is in the same shopping center as Dollar Tree. Not right next door to it but close enough you can walk from one to the other.

The council's agenda for last Tuesday included the UNP Final Site Development Plan. It's, of course, terrible design.

Plan.JPG

Isn't this a lovely life-style center design?

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Geographer View Post
    The council's agenda for last Tuesday included the UNP Final Site Development Plan. It's, of course, terrible design.

Plan.JPG

Isn't this a lovely life-style center design?
    I thought the lifestyle center was supposed to be south of Embassy Suites? Am I mistaken?

Also, this whole thing has been a disappointment. I can't believe this is what we ended up with. Could have at least added some apartments or something.

20. Default Re: UPDATE! University North Park

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOne View Post
    I thought the lifestyle center was supposed to be south of Embassy Suites? Am I mistaken?

Also, this whole thing has been a disappointment. I can't believe this is what we ended up with. Could have at least added some apartments or something.
    Yeah I'm pretty sure the Lifestyle center is further SEW than this map. It seems to just be the build out plan for the final patch to the NW section. I think at this point it is expected all highway adjacent development is going to be big box.

It just looks like a nightmare to navigate with a car, much less with your feet!!

If I'm not mistaken that is south of rock creek and west of 24th. In theory the lifestyle portion is supposed to start NE of there. And I agree, crappy layout.

23. Default Re: UPDATE! University North Park

Quote Originally Posted by Questor View Post
    If I'm not mistaken that is south of rock creek and west of 24th. In theory the lifestyle portion is supposed to start NE of there. And I agree, crappy layout.
    That's correct. Here is a direct link to the image so it is a bit bigger to read. You can clearly see Rock Creek at the top and 35 to the left. 24th is off the map. Lifestyle portion is actually East or slightly SE of this area.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Questor View Post
    Yep, that's my bad. I mistook Rock Creek Rd for Tecumseh Rd. Venture's right on the location.

It's bad that we have to distinguish which streets are which to determine which part of the development is supposed to be a "lifestyle center" and which part isn't.....since we obviously can't tell by the design because it's all the same typical linear commercial sprawling development.

Thread Information