Widgets Magazine
Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 News and Information

Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

Don't know if I ever had it, I'm vaccinated and boosted, but since I had to get labwork done for a physical done today anyway, am getting tested for antibodies just so I'll know if I ever did have it, might as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jompster View Post
    I *think* I haven't had it. But that is the problem. Many people have it asymptomatically. I was never in contact with someone who had it and showed symptoms. Any test I've ever taken has been negative. So who knows?
    I get PCR tests done at the VA hospital and always negative but not sure about my wife she has never had a PCR test

both vaccinated and boosted

Never had it never been tested. However went to Thunder games this year about 30 of them. A few concerts Elton John, Jeff Dunham, Vegas for 5 nights in September 2021, Vegas for 4 nights first week of May2022. Partied with friends and family that came for a visit to OKC first week of April. Went to Cookies so right there I would have to of had covid. Just saying there is no way I never caught it at least I would of thought I would of caught it.

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    Never had it never been tested. However went to Thunder games this year about 30 of them. A few concerts Elton John, Jeff Dunham, Vegas for 5 nights in September 2021, Vegas for 4 nights first week of May2022. Partied with friends and family that came for a visit to OKC first week of April. Went to Cookies so right there I would have to of had covid. Just saying there is no way I never caught it at least I would of thought I would of caught it.
    LULZ, I went to Cookie's, too, last fall when a friend was visiting from PDX. It felt fairly risky during the burgeoning Delta surge.

I have now been boosted twice and got Omicron in January. Not sure it's very wise but I have been just doing whatever: going to concerts, visiting clients all over the place, etc.

My mask is always at hand and I will continue to get boosted every six months. Hopefully, the revised vaccine that is more dialed in for Omicron will be ready by late summer, and I will of course partake in that.

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    If you've never been tested, how do you know you've never had it?

I had the symptoms in Nov2019. Only tested recently cause I went on a cruise.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Don't know if I ever had it, I'm vaccinated and boosted, but since I had to get labwork done for a physical done today anyway, am getting tested for antibodies just so I'll know if I ever did have it, might as well.
    Results of the IgG test came back at 6.11, and anything over 1 means you've been exposed/had it. Never really had the standard symptoms, thought I might've had it or it could've just been bad allergies multiple times, but now I know. Not sure what the actual range is yet, so not sure if 6.11 is weak, average or high exposure.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Results of the IgG test came back at 6.11, and anything over 1 means you've been exposed/had it. Never really had the standard symptoms, thought I might've had it or it could've just been bad allergies multiple times, but now I know. Not sure what the actual range is yet, so not sure if 6.11 is weak, average or high exposure.
    So it turns out that the test can't tell the difference between vaccine antibodies and exposure antibodies, which I thought it could, so the test results mean nothing since I've been vaccinated. Turns out there are tests that *can* tell the difference, but they're mainly in research and academic settings right now.

I know three people who have recently tested positive for COVID within the last week. Be safe folks!

10. Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

So, I got back from an airplane trip last Thursday and came down with a cold over the weekend. It's gotten a bit worse but just took my i-Health Covid 19 test which strongly showed positive. Are people saying on here that if I am fully vaxxed, this test can't tell the difference between current Covid and the antibodies from the test?

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    So, I got back from an airplane trip last Thursday and came down with a cold over the weekend. It's gotten a bit worse but just took my i-Health Covid 19 test which strongly showed positive. Are people saying on here that if I am fully vaxxed, this test can't tell the difference between current Covid and the antibodies from the test?
    No, that’s not what they’re saying. If the test you took is positive, you have Covid.

What the poster above was referring to is a blood test to check for particular antibodies that can tell if you had previously been infected with Covid (vs. the antibodies created by the vaccine). Some people are interested in learning if they previously had Covid but had no symptoms, so they get that blood test.

Since you are fully vaxxed, you should be in good shape to fight off this infection. It will be much milder and shorter lasting thanks to the antibodies created from your vaccines vs. if you had not been vaccinated. Get some rest and stay hydrated.
    Last edited by king183; 05-25-2022 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Typo

12. Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

Thanks!

Well wishes, mug. Hope you recover quickly and may any symptoms you experience be mild at worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I know three people who have recently tested positive for COVID within the last week. Be safe folks!
    Just tested positive after avoiding it for 2+ years. I’m boosted and it’s kicking my butt.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Just tested positive after avoiding it for 2+ years. I’m boosted and it’s kicking my butt.
    Sorry, Dan.

First, call your doctor. You may be able to get the antiviral pill prescribed for you!

Second, drink lots of fluids, use Tylenol, and rest. Also, make sure and get up and move around every hour or so for a bit. The first day I had it, I slept for hours. Sleep is good.

Finally, get a pulse oximeter. Watch to make sure your blood oxygen level doesn't go below 92 for any sustained period of time.

I’ve been hit with something but I went and got a test today and it was negative. Doctor said he didn’t think it was a false negative so probably just a bug.

I hope you get well soon. I’m glad you are vaccinated and boosted. I finally got my grandparents and dad to get boosted yesterday.

17. Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

Same..... Dropped my guard for the first time since this started, on a 4 day trip to Colorado for a Red Rocks show, and tested positive 2 days after I returned home...... No butt kicking for me though.... Other than losing my smell, it's coming back already, it just felt like allergies.

Updated new cases by week:

05/26/22 1,845
    05/19/22 1,388
    05/12/22 1,046
    05/05/22 850
    04/28/22 686
    04/21/22 498
    04/14/22 457

Yep. We have it in my household, too, after never having had it. I've somehow avoided it by keeping all windows open, masking, and isolating from my spouse, but his test is blazing positive each day. Luckily his symptoms are quite minor.

The official case numbers are a complete joke. This stuff is everywhere right now. Outside of IMMY most places giving PCR tests are only free with insurance, and I couldn't even find a way to report our own rapid at-home test. I know we moved toward using hospitalization numbers as they're more objective with the advent of rapid tests, but I sure hope no one is making any decisions based on the official cases graph....

^

The problem is, of course, that hospitalization is a lagging indicator. But you are right, it's probably our best metric now.

I've been holding off on getting the next booster, but I probably should just go get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

The problem is, of course, that hospitalization is a lagging indicator. But you are right, it's probably our best metric now.

I've been holding off on getting the next booster, but I probably should just go get it done.
    I was also going to wait on my second booster until Sept/Oct.
    Now that funding could be up in the air so like you I'll go now.

Just wondering since I dont think anyone has posted about it. Has anyone had the Evoshield antibody shots for those who cannot have the covid vaccine or cannot develop antibodies? Anyone or has anyone known someone who had the shots and then was exposed or had covid? Just wondering about this. One of my doctors has said I could try it while one of my others is against it and wants me to continue just being very careful. Note they are not antivac doctors. I would like to know some real world experience with it.

Quote Originally Posted by oklip955 View Post
    Just wondering since I dont think anyone has posted about it. Has anyone had the Evoshield antibody shots for those who cannot have the covid vaccine or cannot develop antibodies? Anyone or has anyone known someone who had the shots and then was exposed or had covid? Just wondering about this. One of my doctors has said I could try it while one of my others is against it and wants me to continue just being very careful. Note they are not antivac doctors. I would like to know some real world experience with it.
    I have no experience with it, but I heard this story yesterday. Maybe on of the Facebook groups they mention would have some experience. Evusheld Offers Vulnerable Americans Protection from Covid Complicated to Get

24. Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Sorry, Dan.

First, call your doctor. You may be able to get the antiviral pill prescribed for you!

Second, drink lots of fluids, use Tylenol, and rest. Also, make sure and get up and move around every hour or so for a bit. The first day I had it, I slept for hours. Sleep is good.

Finally, get a pulse oximeter. Watch to make sure your blood oxygen level doesn't go below 92 for any sustained period of time.
    My doctor told me the same thing yesterday (minus the pill ) plus taking zinc and vitamin D.

My symptoms were just a very stuffy nose and a little dry cough. I only had fever one day and Tylenol took care of that. I'm about over it (fingers crossed) but my sick wife is now mad at me.

Pretty certain l got it from an airplane flight.

Quote Originally Posted by T. Jamison View Post
    I have no experience with it, but I heard this story yesterday. Maybe on of the Facebook groups they mention would have some experience. Evusheld Offers Vulnerable Americans Protection from Covid Complicated to Get
    My neurologist said that he would sign the paperwork or what ever it takes. Mercy seems to have a lot of doses and he is a Mercy doc. It also for those who cannot safely receive the vaccine which is my case. I've been to Mayo for my issue. My nero showed me a medical journal article about my condition and problems after the vaccines. Let just say mine in a rare condition. As I have been saying I am not antivac I am anti getting my medical condition worst. 99.999% of people can safely receive a vaccine. People just have to understand the 0.0001% of us who cannot for various reasons. For me its not just the covid vaccine it other meds that I have to be careful with as well as other shots. I am just looking at risk vs benefit. Most would say the risk is covid, except if you have to live with your medical condition getting worst.

Thread Information