Widgets Magazine
Page 22 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 News and Information

Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    The FDA just approved a 4th shot for everyone over 50.
    I'm trying to decide if I should get it. Because I got Omicron in January and was previously boosted last fall, I'm questioning the need of the additional booster, and part of me wants to wait a bit and time getting it before the next big wave.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    I'm trying to decide if I should get it. Because I got Omicron in January and was previously boosted last fall, I'm questioning the need of the additional booster, and part of me wants to wait a bit and time getting it before the next big wave.
    Yeah, I was just going to say that I'll probably wait until early fall.

Things have really died down and with the warmer months, transmission should be greatly decreased.

Plus, I think I had a mild case right after the holidays (like a moderate cold) although things were so crazy I couldn't get tested to be sure.

3. Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

Yeah. This was also in the KFOR article:

"A longer interval between shots helps the immune system mount a stronger, more cross-reactive defense".

“If you get a booster too close together, it’s not doing any harm — you’re just not going to get much benefit from it"

"At the beginning of the next surge would be the perfect time to get a booster shot".

Between these 3 statements I might wait at least a little while.

Is there any indication that the so-called stealth variant is going to become a thing we should worry about?

5. Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Is there any indication that the so-called stealth variant is going to become a thing we should worry about?
    You can find articles in the NYT and WP with the CDC and other experts saying they don't believe BA.2 will cause a major spike and explaining why.

6. Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

Hospitalizations down more.
    Last week 199 in hospital, 45 in ICU
    This week 153 and 31

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    Hospitalizations down more.
    Last week 199 in hospital, 45 in ICU
    This week 153 and 31
    Less covid or are the treatments really effective and they just don't want to tell people how well they are working so we have to keep wearing mask on airplanes. I know I'm getting political but you never hear about the treatments at least I don't

UPDATE for those who care, lol. My doctor recommends me getting the booster now, as whatever immunity I gained from the last booster and Omicron has likely trailed off, so I'm going tomorrow, which is almost exactly 90 days since I tested positive.

10. Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

UPDATE for those who care, lol. My doctor recommends me getting the booster now, as whatever immunity I gained from the last booster and Omicron has likely trailed off, so I'm going tomorrow, which is almost exactly 90 days since I tested positive.
    That does make me think the wife and I might need to go ahead and do it. Thanks.

11. Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

And there's more that seems to be coming that makes me very hopeful. The Army is working on a universal COVID vaccine. A new article I read today is about a nasal spray that will act as a vaccine and a treatment if administered within 12 hours of exposure. It's sounding more and more like technology can catch up with this mess.

So where are we at now with covid? Last I heard under 200 in hospital but no clue how many cases a day we are still reporting;.

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    So where are we at now with covid? Last I heard under 200 in hospital but no clue how many cases a day we are still reporting;.
    The numbers come out every Thursday.

Last Thursday (5/5) there were 80 hospitalized and 17 in ICU.

7-day average of new cases was 121.

I’m getting the feeling that we’re in the middle of a wave and don’t even know it. I know 7 people who got sick with Covid over the past few days.

A FB friend in Tulsa said the same thing about people she knows there who have gotten sick in the last week.

Yeah if we were testing at levels like we were in January we'd see we're clearly in the middle of another wave. Most folks I know who hadn't gotten COVID yet caught it in the last fortnight or so. Haven't heard about many reinfections, anecdotally at least. Sadly anecdotal data is all we have to go on now

Remember, the government sent out millions of free home tests.

I still have mine and there is no way of reporting people who test positive at home.

These are the weekly total number of new cases as reported by the OK Dept of Health:

05/19/22: 1,388
    05/12/22: 1,046
    05/05/22: 850
    04/28/22: 686
    04/21/22: 498
    04/14/22: 457

Anyone besides me not get covid even once? Nor has my wife got it.

Quote Originally Posted by shartel_ave View Post
    I *think* I haven't had it. But that is the problem. Many people have it asymptomatically. I was never in contact with someone who had it and showed symptoms. Any test I've ever taken has been negative. So who knows?

As far as I'm aware my husband and I haven't gotten it either... but we've never really stopped being cautious about it and still wear our masks when we go out.

Pretty certain my whole family got it in late 2020, but we never officially got tested (we had contact with someone we found out later did test positive; asked my doctor if we needed tested and he said no so long as we quarantined and could breathe). The experience we had varied from person to person. I just felt like I had a bad cold. I was (and still am) WFH, so I didn't even take off. My son didn't complain about any pain or anything, but he was more tired than usual and slept it off. My wife felt mostly fine but had the whole taste and smell thing happen to her. My daughter exhibited no symptoms, although she was very definitely exposed.

My wife got it a couple of months ago, but I never tested positive for it unless I had it first, but I had no symptoms. Both vaccinated.

24. Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

We made up for you. My wife and I had it twice we know of and had the same symptoms a third time but just stayed home for a couple weeks assuming it was a third time.
    Her brother's wife and both their daughters had it twice but he never has or was completely asymptomatic. Such a weird virus.

25. Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    These are the weekly total number of new cases as reported by the OK Dept of Health:

05/19/22: 1,388
    05/12/22: 1,046
    05/05/22: 850
    04/28/22: 686
    04/21/22: 498
    04/14/22: 457
    Thank you very much for using the actual posted weekly numbers.

Thread Information