Widgets Magazine
Page 22 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: OnCue OKC Expansion

Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

I like this suggestion: https://twitter.com/shanehamp/status...55516153679872

The proposal for a Midtown OnCue is a terrible idea, but if they must have a store here, they could combine this QuikTrip design from Atlanta and the "Gas Backwards" site plan with a building at the corner and pumps behind.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Shane Hampton for City Manager!

Quote Originally Posted by YeahIKnow View Post
    Shane Hampton for City Manager!
    I like this. How do we make this happen?

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    That would be a great idea! I also like the idea of using the Gold Dome, though I'm not sure OnCue would be that interested since they have another store on 23rd a mile to the east.

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    I hadn't noticed the elevation change from Classen going west, those houses will be looking down into the OnCue. Very interesting.

On another note, doesn't Tulsa have rather large QuikTrips throughout the city? I remember thinking they seemed kind of large for the urban area, but they are nice to have over dingy, cramped gas stations with two or flour pumps.
    Yes and some people in Tulsa are just as peeved as those that don’t like this site plan for an urban location. Mainly the 15th & Denver, 11th & Utica, 36th & Peoria and now the 15th & Lewis locations which are outsized for their respective neighborhoods. QT has done urban format stores in Atlanta and Fort Worth so it’s not unprecedented.

On Cue Corporate Office: (405) 372-3579

I bet they’ve rarely, if ever, dealt with a lot of calls challenging a new build. Call away. Worked with Braums and look how that worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by 5alive View Post
    I think a campaign to email or write letters to their corporate office is at least worth a shot!
    Or a Braum's /Classen Circle style revolt. … I like OnCue as well. But this is all wrong.

[I deleted your previous post in this vein. Please move on. ~ Pete]

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    If the neighborhood association tells them nobody wants that design, will they care?
    Unfortunately that isn't going to happen...

Blog Entries

Classen Ten Penn won't protest?

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Has anybody contacted OnCue yet about this horrible design? Do they listen to people? If we all email/call them, will they care? If the neighborhood association tells them nobody wants that design, will they care? Or are they just going to do whatever they want no matter what?
    I don't know if they listen to people, or not. The owner of OnCue is 65 years old. I wonder if he's looking forward to retiring soon by selling the company or wants to continue for a good while longer overseeing the company grow and expand.

Blog Entries

^Phillips 66 has a 50% interest in OnCue per their 10-K, so that is the source of all this recent capital expansion. That happened in about 2014. (This may have been discussed above somewhere).

Yes, and they have about 10 more OKC projects in various stages.

They are spending a ton of cash to get these prime properties.

I have messaged them through their website and again on Facebook. On Facebook I provided the examples that David posted on this thread. Maybe they’ll change it if enough pushback is given.

Here is the link to their and their Facebook can easily be accessed by searching “OnCue Express”

https://www.oncueexpress.com/contact-us

I just emailed them telling them I live nearby and asking them to build a store like the Atlanta QT.

Blog Entries

I emailed them and asked that they AT LEAST engage with the neighborhood, particularly the classen ten penn neighborhood association.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    I emailed them and asked that they AT LEAST engage with the neighborhood, particularly the classen ten penn neighborhood association.
    I emailed and told them to build whatever they think makes the most sense economically. The proposed design will be really nice for the commuters looking for a safe place to buy ultra premium gas, JUULs, and High Point Beer.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck5815 View Post
    I emailed and told them to build whatever they think makes the most sense economically. The proposed design will be really nice for the commuters looking for a safe place to buy ultra premium gas, JUULs, and High Point Beer.
    Hopefully they'll go for the trifecta and throw in a vape shop and Christie's Toy Box

Blog Entries

Good design and being economical don't have to be mutually exclusive. A mere rearrangement of the pieces shouldn't change the cost much if any, and nothing about a good design prohibits anyone from being safe or being able to buy the things they want/need. There is also not a negative or costly aspect to engaging with the neighborhood.

Quote Originally Posted by OKC Talker View Post
    Hopefully they'll go for the trifecta and throw in a vape shop and Christie's Toy Box
    This is a safe space in a haven of otherwise sh*t gas stations. It should be celebrated. And, of course, you could always patronize the Gulf station right next door if the OC feels too Suburban for you.

And since this is a safe haven as you put it ...why not make it even better?

Quote Originally Posted by 5alive View Post
    And since this is a safe haven as you put it ...why not make it even better?
    I don't happen to see any significant benefit to hiding the parking lot behind the building. It will be wildly successful either way. The neighborhood should be ecstatic that such a nicely run establishment would replace the Gulf. I would encourage all of you to not F this up for the rest of us. Thanks.

The neighborhood should be ecstatic that such a nicely run establishment would replace the Gulf. I would encourage all of you to not F this up for the rest of us. Thanks.
    Said every gentrifier ever...

HangryHippo Guest

I don't happen to see any significant benefit to hiding the parking lot behind the building. It will be wildly successful either way. The neighborhood should be ecstatic that such a nicely run establishment would replace the Gulf. I would encourage all of you to not F this up for the rest of us. Thanks.

^^^^ +1

Thread Information