Widgets Magazine
Page 22 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Penn Square Mall

Default Re: Penn Square Mall

Is there anything new on the Microsoft store???? I really want this to happen!

2. Default Re: Penn Square Mall

[QUOTE=Plutonic Panda;656831]Is there anything new on the Microsoft store???? I really want this to happen![/QUOTE]

Yes, They are on track. Their corporate people are in town next week.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    I know it will never happen, but I would love to see all the eateries at the food court be local restaurants. Can you imagine walking into the food court and seeing Tucker's, S&B's, The Mule, Cafe 7, Saturn Grill, Old School Bagel Cafe, Big Truck Tacos, Humble Pie and Iguana? I would go to the mall more if that were the case, but I know a lot of people from out of town wouldn't like it since they wouldn't recognize the names.
    Dear God no. We don't need the regulars of the restaurants those districts survive on to start going to a shopping mall. A better option would be those concepts in the airport -- basically off limits to the public so it wouldn't steal any business from the standalone restaurants.

Quote Originally Posted by bluedogok View Post
    The very early 80's is when it was enclosed (I found the CD's in the vault at Benham one time) and the large expansion was the late 80's.
    Does anyone have any old photos of Penn Square Shpping Center before it got malled?

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Is there anything new on the Microsoft store???? I really want this to happen!
    The space their going to be in is walled off now and is probably underconstruction at this point or close to starting anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    Does anyone have any old photos of Penn Square Shpping Center before it got malled?
    I swear this was already brought up at one point or another. I'll see if I can find the thread.

I swear this was already brought up at one point or another. I'll see if I can find the thread.
    Yes, it has been brought up. Check out the picture that Pete has in post number 406.

Just talked to a guy working the Microsoft kiosk, he said it is underway and going good. I even peaked my head in the door and had a look and it is coming along.

Just talked to a guy working the Microsoft kiosk, he said it is underway and going good. I even peaked my head in the door and had a look and it is coming along.
    Thanks for the update. Looks like the 3 things (Von Maur, Microsoft, Nordstrom Rack) that has had everyone curious are still good to go.

Yeah, Microsoft is going in the location that used to be Bacharch.

11. Default Re: Penn Square Mall

It's been a while since i was there, but they were extending the food court out over more of the center atrium then. I think i counted 3 asian themed places at the food court then too, which seems like too much of one type of food for such a small food court.

When the wife and I go to the mall, we almost always park by Macy's because it is the easiest place to park. When walking through that wing of the mall, I noticed it has started to become the Gap wing, moreso than the Macy's wing. Gap stores and Banana Republic (which is owned by the same company) take up everything on the east side of that mall wing from A&F to the center court.

So, I am going to make a point to NOT go to the mall on this day...

Tim McGraw to put on free concert an Penn Square Mall in Oklahoma City.
    Published: October 3, 2013

Microsoft store grand opening will include Tim McGraw show

Country music star Tim McGraw will perform in the Penn Square Mall parking lot Nov. 17 to mark the opening of the new Microsoft retail store. The concert will be in the parking lot near entrance 1, between Cantina Laredo and Jos A. Bank at 4 p.m.; gates open at 2 p.m. Tickets will be distributed during the grand opening of the Microsoft store the day before — Nov. 16 at 11 a.m. Each person in line will be given two tickets and the line begins forming at 10 p.m. Nov. 15. The store features products like Surface tablets, Windows 8 PCs, Kinect for Xbox 360, Office products and more. For more information, visit facebook.com/MicrosoftStore.

Free concert to feature Tim McGraw | News OK

Chico's just pulled a $189,000 building permit to remodel their store.

Quote Originally Posted by oneforone View Post
    I think one thing we all have to keep in mind that most of today's teenagers were raised by people who were children in adult bodies. Very few kids and teens are taught how to behave in public. Sure we wall annoyed the hell out of adults as kids however, the majority of the people on here new where the line was. If store employees or mall security had to get involved you took it down a notch or two and went about your business. You knew better then to bring things to a point where Mom and Dad or worse the police had to get involved. Being busted by the cops was not the badge of honor it is now.

Today only a select few have respect for others let alone authority. When things get bad enough for parents or police to be called the parents show up and blame everyone but the kid. If I were a little younger I would consider becoming a bail bondsman or a criminal defense attorney. Both those fields are about become very lucrative because many of today's teens are going to see jail or prison time at some point in their early adulthood. I predict we will soon hit a time where not being convicted of a crime will put you in the minority not the majority.

On another note, Heritage Park is closed, Crossroads is looking exactly like Heritage Park did in it's final years of existence (each passing day,month, year = another closed store and new "For Lease" sign). The kids have nowhere else to go other then Penn Square and Quail Springs. Both malls might as well go ahead and replace their security officers with off duty police officers. Otherwise the next big development in North OKC/Edmond might just suck all the stores out of both malls.
    I agree. This generation with their bobby socks, leather jackets, slicked-back hair ... they got no respect for authority. They're a bunch a rebels for no reason! It's that perverted Elvis and that "rock and roll" jungle music.

The new Microsoft Store opens tomorrow!

Store Grand Opening - Microsoft Store

For those keeping track of such things (bchris02), the full retail store in OKC is opening before the one in Tulsa.

Was Tulsa even getting a full sized one? I thought they were just getting a kiosk version.

Both Tulsa & OKC got a kiosk before last holiday season.

Not sure if Tulsa is getting a full retail store or not.

Well, I just found out that there are no plans(at least currently) for Tulsa to have its own full sized store. Right now, they have a specialty store, which upon further investigation, is just the word Microsoft uses for kiosks.

So as it looks right now, OKC will have had these stores before Tulsa:

1.Microsoft Store
    2.Von Maur
    3.H&M
    4.Nordstrom Rack
    5.Main Event
    6.The Art of Shaving

And quite possibly

Costco
    Trader Joes
    Cabbalas
    In-n-Out
    Crate and Barrel
    Container Store

And I'm sure there are much more that I missed. OKC is really gaining momentum on the retail map and it is very exciting!

I'm probably gonna go to the Microsoft store sunday since it will be impossible to get into the mall tomorrow. On a side note does anyone think Penn Square will ever get a Nordstrom or another quality department store soon?

Quote Originally Posted by SomeGuy View Post
    I'm probably gonna go to the Microsoft store sunday since it will be impossible to get into the mall tomorrow. On a side note does anyone think Penn Square will ever get a Nordstrom or another quality department store soon?
    Quail Springs is getting Von Maur. Penn Square is probably too small for another major department store to be added. It could be done but it would require more garage parking to be built which is probably not likely.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    Quail Springs is getting Von Maur. Penn Square is probably too small for another major department store to be added. It could be done but it would require more garage parking to be built which is probably not likely.
    The bigger issue is lack of space for another big box tenant. I would require one of the going out of business or building on.

It will probably be crazy on Sunday too. Isn't Tim McGraw supposed to perform then?

My guess is that if a full line Nordstrom or Saks Fifth Avenue or (insert any other upscale retailer) comes to OKC, it'll open up at Penn Square. If OKC is to get multiple upscale retailers then I'd assume Quail Springs will come into play if they keep the momentum of Von Maur & possibly H&M alive & well.

I'm not suggesting OKC is only a couple of years away from lighting up the retail scene, but I'm just speaking of hypothetical scenarios & kind of playing the "what if, well this" game.

Thread Information