Widgets Magazine
Page 22 of 86 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262772 ... LastLast

Thread: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

Default Re: Dream Hotels (Uhaul lot)

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    I mean, all of what he mentioned would be public record, available on the City website within board minutes and packets.
    And the last day of Fall is 12/20/23, so there is time... Plus how the heck can people who are on here religiously, not comprehend projects move as fast as they need to and our little hopes and desires of their timelines mean nothing.

2. Default Re: Dream Hotels (Uhaul lot)

Quote Originally Posted by EtanEiko View Post
    And the last day of Fall is 12/20/23, so there is time... Plus how the heck can people who are on here religiously, not comprehend projects move as fast as they need to and our little hopes and desires of their timelines mean nothing.
    G.Walker simply stated his opinion (not his "hopes or desires") that he doubts this project gets started before the end of the year, and I tend to agree with him. Your response to him simply voicing his opinion was waaay over the top, but that happens on this website more often than one would expect.

Thumbs up Re: Dream Hotels (Uhaul lot)

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    G.Walker simply stated his opinion (not his "hopes or desires") that he doubts this project gets started before the end of the year, and I tend to agree with him. Your response to him simply voicing his opinion was waaay over the top, but that happens on this website more often than one would expect.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Well, thats just like, your opinion man.

Quote Originally Posted by EtanEiko View Post
    Well, thats just like, your opinion man.
    What do you think a message board is, man? I know you don't post often, but all message boards are is people posting their like, opinions, man.

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    What do you think a message board is, man? I know you don't post often, but all message boards are is people posting their like, opinions, man.
    Someone missed the reference...

8 year olds, dude.

Default Re: Bricktown Boardwalk / Dream Hotel

Saw on an agenda today there will soon be a first vote to give this project $200MM in TIF and another $5.5MM in captured sales tax.

The total capital investment would be $550MM, meaning public incentives would be paying for 37% of this project.

This does not include the Dream Hotel, as the Omni has a covenant that restricts TIF use for hotels within this area.

Doesn't say anything about height but does mention a 900-unit residential complex (should be two towers), a public parking structure, and 59,000 SF of retail/entertainment space.

I sure plans will be following soon.

9. Default Re: Bricktown Boardwalk / Dream Hotel

37%?! what a joke

10. Default Re: Bricktown Boardwalk / Dream Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Saw on an agenda today there will soon be a first vote to give this project $200MM in TIF and another $5.5MM in captured sales tax.

The total capital investment would be $550MM, meaning public incentives would be paying for 37% of this project.

This does not include the Dream Hotel, as the Omni has a covenant that restricts TIF use for hotels within this area.

Doesn't say anything about height but does mention a 900-unit residential complex (should be two towers), a public parking structure, and 59,000 SF of retail/entertainment space.

900 units?! WOW. This would definitely be a huge win for Bricktown and the restaurants and bars there.

Default Re: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

Wow this will be a pretty big development. Lots of TIF money but this will be pretty exciting. Hopefully we get renderings soon.

To put that 900 number into perspective, that would be like combining, LIFT, Steeylard and The Edge.

Would be by far the biggest housing development downtown and probably the entire city.

To put that 900 number into perspective, that would be like combining, LIFT, Steeylard and The Edge.

Would be by far the biggest housing development downtown and probably the entire city.
    Possibly the entire state as well.

So a Dream Hotel and 900+ residential units? Or just the residential units?

37% is a lot, but I've basically come to learn that OKC will always overpay, especially on something like this. If it works, other developers will follow, and likely get less in TIFs or request less, knowing high-rise development can be successful.

Scared money don't make money.

I believe The Metropolitan is the largest apartment complex downtown and it only has 330 units. 900 would be nuts.

I was googling and found this. It says there is a 1,128-unit apartment complex at 9401 S. Shartel Drive called Brookwood Village. It says it is the largest in the entire state state. Not sure how accurate it is.

Weighing the good of a 900 unit double tower apartment complex in one hand and the 37% public fund in the other. Hard not to be more excited about the former.

From my experience, developers don't go for the ask until they feel they have the support they need from the City.

I bet we see detailed renderings within the next 2-3 weeks.

Looking back at the articles and all the information I could find on this development I keep seeing the 150 units number for residential. The 900 units would be 6x what they originally stated for the 1 tower. If 900 is indeed the number that would be much larger (wider/taller) and at least 2 towers?

The latest plan called for 4 towers, with 3 of them residential built in phases. So 900 across 3 towers is not a shock.

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    The latest plan called for 4 towers, with 3 of them residential built in phases. So 900 across 3 towers is not a shock.
    Yeah, I'm thinking it is without the hotel, but thr 3 towers stays the same.

Sorry, I missed the latest plans when looking back through the thread. So with it being 900 units we are looking at 3 towers, like the most recent plans showed, with at least 20 stories each. Would be cool to see them have different heights to really diversify the the skyline and overall look of the development. Maybe a 25, 20 and 15 stories.

so including the hotel this should be a 700-800 mil project ??

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    Yes, I would think so.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    That would be insane for OKC>

Even if they built half of what is currently planned, that would be a win.

Thread Information