Widgets Magazine
Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Default Re: 2023 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by shai2022 View Post
    https://aviationweek.com/air-transpo...continues-rise

If Tulsa gets a nonstop to Mexico before us...
    Wouldn't surprise me one bit. OKC is one of those markets that is bigger that isn't served, but nothing that has happened over the last year makes me think they truly are trying for international service.

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me one bit. OKC is one of those markets that is bigger that isn't served, but nothing that has happened over the last year makes me think they truly are trying for international service.
    So you have inside knowledge of everything that has happened over the last year? While Tulsa is going to add facilities for international flights. OKC already has that in place and hasn't bulldozed it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by unfundedrick View Post
    So you have inside knowledge of everything that has happened over the last year? While Tulsa is going to add facilities for international flights. OKC already has that in place and hasn't bulldozed it yet.
    No. I don't. But I can see that OKC is not actively adding any new locations, maybe adding a frequency to a couple routes, but more so losing destinations. Definitely not adding anything. The current brain trust gave 4 prime new gates to an airline that does not care about OKC at all. If those are the people trying to make those decisions and recruit airlines here, then I have no faith at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    And a competent airport director. /s/
    Exactly. If we can’t get an airport director that can make Puerto Rican flights international in OKC and support Oklahoma’s 12,000 residents of Puerto Rican heritage…why even have a director at all?

Frankly, I’m surprised that the airport director hasn’t demo’d it himself just to spite the market he’s actively trying to destroy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	da8cc5d8-8231-40d9-a8c7-bc294c0c1dd6_text.gif 
Views:	17 
Size:	449.6 KB 
ID:	18187

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    Exactly. If we can’t get an airport director that can make Puerto Rican flights international in OKC and support Oklahoma’s 12,000 residents of Puerto Rican heritage…why even have a director at all?
    LOL, flights to Puerto Rico are not international. And 12,000 people of Puerto Rican heritage are a vey LONG way from enough to be able to support regular flights there. I'm of British heritage. I'm sure there are a considerably larger number of Oklahomans with British heritage than 12,000. Why aren't you complaining about no nonstop flights to London?

Frankly, I’m surprised that the airport director hasn’t demo’d it himself just to spite the market he’s actively trying to destroy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	da8cc5d8-8231-40d9-a8c7-bc294c0c1dd6_text.gif 
Views:	17 
Size:	449.6 KB 
ID:	18187
    Please give details to support that statement. You must have a very good reason to believe that.

Please give details to support that statement. You must have a very good reason to believe that.
    Obviously not very familiar with the rest of the thread and immune to the effects of sarcasm lol.

LOL, flights to Puerto Rico are not international. And 12,000 people of Puerto Rican heritage are a vey LONG way from enough to be able to support regular flights there. I'm of British heritage. I'm sure there are a considerably larger number of Oklahomans with British heritage than 12,000. Why aren't you complaining about no nonstop flights to London?
    See answer above…and the rest of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    No. I don't. But I can see that OKC is not actively adding any new locations, maybe adding a frequency to a couple routes, but more so losing destinations. Definitely not adding anything. The current brain trust gave 4 prime new gates to an airline that does not care about OKC at all. If those are the people trying to make those decisions and recruit airlines here, then I have no faith at all.
    Calling Puerto RIco "International" and then saying "It might as well be", while comparing a captive market Puerto Rican market in New Haven with OKC is ludicrous.

Then, OKC did not "give" 4 gates to DL. All airlines were invited to re-bid thieir leases when the expansion was announced, and DL was the most aggressive so got 3 of the new gates.

Finally DL leases 3, not 4, gates - 26, 28 & 30. Gate 32 is unassigned. Your obvious feeble grasp of facts really needs to be worked on.

Obviously not very familiar with the rest of the thread and immune to the effects of sarcasm lol.
    Don’t worry, those of us familiar chuckled lol

Honestly, an interesting international option would be a non-stop to Guatemala City given our large population and consulate here, though I doubt American would want to cannibalize DFW ops

Quote Originally Posted by oktxatty View Post
    Calling Puerto RIco "International" and then saying "It might as well be", while comparing a captive market Puerto Rican market in New Haven with OKC is ludicrous.

Then, OKC did not "give" 4 gates to DL. All airlines were invited to re-bid thieir leases when the expansion was announced, and DL was the most aggressive so got 3 of the new gates.

Finally DL leases 3, not 4, gates - 26, 28 & 30. Gate 32 is unassigned. Your obvious feeble grasp of facts really needs to be worked on.
    So what you're saying is...the international gate is open for the daily service San Juan that we've been deprived of?

Quote Originally Posted by PoliSciGuy View Post
    Honestly, an interesting international option would be a non-stop to Guatemala City given our large population and consulate here, though I doubt American would want to cannibalize DFW ops
    I was actually thinking that as well. No idea if we have a Guatemalan population that could support it but the fact that it's large enough for a consulate seems to indicate there's a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi Blues View Post
    Don’t worry, those of us familiar chuckled lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	heavyweights-congratulations.gif 
Views:	9 
Size:	2.81 MB 
ID:	18197  

I was actually thinking that as well. No idea if we have a Guatemalan population that could support it but the fact that it's large enough for a consulate seems to indicate there's a chance.
    As I said before, there are much larger populations with a heritage from other countries or places like Puerto Rico without flights to those destinations from OKC. Just consider Vietnam for one. We don't and won't have flights to Hanoi. While you are entitled to hope, what you want just has no chance of happening for many many years and it is not because of anything "not" being done by the airport director. There might be enough interest to have one flight a month at most and there is NOTHING the airport could do to convince an airline to do that.

This may be of interest...from the July meeting of the airport trust:

Professional Services Contract with Frankfurt-Short-Bruza, P.C., for Project No. OCAT WRWA
    2409, "Federal Inspection Services Facility Buildout” in the amount of $899,767.

Background:
    Interviews for potential consultants were conducted on April 10, 2023. Following the interviews,
    The Consultant Review Committee selected Frankfurt-Short-Bruza, P.C., as the highest ranked
    firm.
    Justification:
    The Trust, with the recently completed Terminal Expansion Project, provided a shell space for
    future development of a Federal Inspection Station (“FIS”) and a General Aviation Inspection
    Facility (“GAF”). Customs and Border Protection (“CBP”) have agreed to staff this facility if the
    Trust builds out the space.

The buildout of this space will provide the Airport capability to
    accommodate inbound international travel. CBP will have the means to facilitate the deplanement
    and screening of commercial and general aviation international flights and passengers.
    A Contract has been negotiated with Frankfurt-Short-Bruza, P.C., and is presented for approval.
    The Contract includes total compensation as not-to-exceed the amount of $899,767, which
    includes $869,677 for Basic Services, $0.00 for Additional Services, and $30,090 for
    Reimbursable Expenses. The estimated construction cost is $12,500,000.

Recommendation: Contract be approved.

Later in the packet it notes that next May the construction contract will be awarded. So the airport is clearly not just letting the recently completed space sit empty. Now of course who knows if this means that there will be international flights announced anytime soon, but the airport will be ready should the opportunity arise. And CBP will indeed have the say if they staff the facility or not, as catch22 has already mentioned.

Strong month. It feels like all the planes are full ! Everybody in green except Delta.

https://flyokc.com/sites/default/fil...nplanement.pdf

19. Default Re: 2023 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by CPin405 View Post
    This may be of interest...from the July meeting of the airport trust:

Professional Services Contract with Frankfurt-Short-Bruza, P.C., for Project No. OCAT WRWA
    2409, "Federal Inspection Services Facility Buildout” in the amount of $899,767.

Background:
    Interviews for potential consultants were conducted on April 10, 2023. Following the interviews,
    The Consultant Review Committee selected Frankfurt-Short-Bruza, P.C., as the highest ranked
    firm.
    Justification:
    The Trust, with the recently completed Terminal Expansion Project, provided a shell space for
    future development of a Federal Inspection Station (“FIS”) and a General Aviation Inspection
    Facility (“GAF”). Customs and Border Protection (“CBP”) have agreed to staff this facility if the
    Trust builds out the space.

The buildout of this space will provide the Airport capability to
    accommodate inbound international travel. CBP will have the means to facilitate the deplanement
    and screening of commercial and general aviation international flights and passengers.
    A Contract has been negotiated with Frankfurt-Short-Bruza, P.C., and is presented for approval.
    The Contract includes total compensation as not-to-exceed the amount of $899,767, which
    includes $869,677 for Basic Services, $0.00 for Additional Services, and $30,090 for
    Reimbursable Expenses. The estimated construction cost is $12,500,000.

Recommendation: Contract be approved.

Later in the packet it notes that next May the construction contract will be awarded. So the airport is clearly not just letting the recently completed space sit empty. Now of course who knows if this means that there will be international flights announced anytime soon, but the airport will be ready should the opportunity arise. And CBP will indeed have the say if they staff the facility or not, as catch22 has already mentioned.
    The build out of the space is $12,500,000? Where is this space and what is justifying that price tag?

Not sure if it's been discussed but the equipment type for OKC-MIA is listed as mainline. A319.

If true, I'm impressed with how AA is treating OKC

Quote Originally Posted by Richard at Remax View Post
    The build out of the space is $12,500,000? Where is this space and what is justifying that price tag?
    There is a space in the most recent terminal expansion that is empty and was built specifically for this reason. It is a shell space now. I believe it is underneath where the newest gates are.

Reading in the packet, there are lots of CBP specific items that must be included in the space which is probably why the cost is 12 million. Things like conveyors for the luggage, etc.

The space is part of the recent terminal expansion. I believe it is under those gates on the east side of the terminal. The space was built specifically for this reason. It is a shell space now and there is a gate that is designed to handle wide body aircraft if I remember correctly.

Reading more into the packet, the cost may have something to do with CBP specific requests. Things like special conveyor belts, etc. Might explain why it costs as much as it does.

23. Default Re: 2023 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by damonsmuz View Post
    Not sure if it's been discussed but the equipment type for OKC-MIA is listed as mainline. A319.

If true, I'm impressed with how AA is treating OKC
    And back to daily.

24. Default Re: 2023 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by amocore View Post
    Strong month. It feels like all the planes are full ! Everybody in green except Delta.

https://flyokc.com/sites/default/fil...nplanement.pdf
    could reach 5 million pax? a new record, wow!
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    could reach 5 million pax? a new record, wow!
    Considering we are at 2.5 with 5 months left, and those 5 months are usually pretty slow (aside from December), 4 million is about right.

Thread Information