Widgets Magazine
Page 21 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Penn Square Mall

Default Re: Penn Square Mall

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    it looks like refills would be free....

I might have to start going there, one thing I hate more than anything is having to buy a $5.00 soda at a movie theater and at best getting one free refill....

The cost of soda and ice to fill a 20oz glass is 1 cent. Iced tea is even cheaper at 1/2 a cent.
    When I worked at Frontier City in high school we had a self serve Coke fountain, but didn't allow free refills. I got a few dirty looks and occasionally a choice word when I would tell people trying to get refills.

Went to go see Star Trek Into Darkness on Friday night and the seats were great. The coke machine was nice to be able add flavors and dictate how much ice you got, etc. Downfall was the air was not working well in Theater 4 so it was really warm. Afterwards, I talked to the manager and he said they were having trouble with the air in 2 of the theaters and sometimes in a third so they were closing 5 of the theaters this week for the summer to fix the air. So, if you go to the movies there, you shouldn't have the same problems since it appears the problem theaters will be closed.

Apparently part of Dickinson leaving was they wanted the mall to replace their AC units, but the mall wouldn't agree to it. Part of AMC's deal for taking that space is the mall will replace the AC. i think Penn made the right choice there.

The new AMC is great. We went Thursday night and really enjoyed it and loved those recliners!

is there any pictures of when PS first became an enclosed mall? I always wondered what it looked like in the 90's

Art of Shaving opening in PSM:

The Art of Shaving, a men's barber salon and retail store, is opening its first Oklahoma location in Penn Square Mall. The retailer, which has more than 100 stores nationwide, plans to open a 1,200-square-foot store in the mall this summer. The Art of Shaving offers shaving products, razors, brushes, skin care products and grooming services.

Window shopping Oklahoma businesses and elsewhere, May 30 | News OK

1,200 ft, I am curious where this will open in the mall. Maybe in the old Sarasara spot near the Gap?

I announced that several pages back, when I emailed them and posted their response. Glad it's "official" now.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Art of Shaving opening in PSM:

The Art of Shaving, a men's barber salon and retail store, is opening its first Oklahoma location in Penn Square Mall. The retailer, which has more than 100 stores nationwide, plans to open a 1,200-square-foot store in the mall this summer. The Art of Shaving offers shaving products, razors, brushes, skin care products and grooming services.

Window shopping Oklahoma businesses and elsewhere, May 30 | News OK

1,200 ft, I am curious where this will open in the mall. Maybe in the old Sarasara spot near the Gap?
    Didn't know about the Art of Shaving. Will definitely check it out as I shave with a safety razor.

good, I hope WINDSOR leaves and Art of Shaving takes its place

The remodel seems to be progressing well. Steel is going up for the new entrances, and the food court is getting close to completion. They just put up the new steel to expand the floor of the food court as well.

Quote Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    Didn't know about the Art of Shaving. Will definitely check it out as I shave with a safety razor.
    No need to wait, go to Shave Shop in Classen Curve, much better products, service and selection than Art of Shaving.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    The remodel seems to be progressing well. Steel is going up for the new entrances, and the food court is getting close to completion. They just put up the new steel to expand the floor of the food court as well.
    Will the food court continue to present the same crappy offerings (with the notable exception of Italia Express; great slices!)?

Quote Originally Posted by SomeGuy View Post
    is there any pictures of when PS first became an enclosed mall? I always wondered what it looked like in the 90's
    Penn Square got MALLED in the 80s, if memory serves. I remember visiting in the late 1970s with my grandmother, when it was still a Utica Square-type construct.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru
    Will the food court continue to present the same crappy offerings
    i take it that the cajun cafe (which inexplicably serves asian food) isn't up to your standards? -M

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mmm View Post
    i take it that the cajun cafe (which inexplicably serves asian food) isn't up to your standards? -M
    haha, I've never understood this...

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOne View Post
    haha, I've never understood this...
    It almost goes a fair distance to understanding why Hop Sing was referenced in the Hillbilly's Po' Boys menu.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Penn Square got MALLED in the 80s, if memory serves. I remember visiting in the late 1970s with my grandmother, when it was still a Utica Square-type construct.
    The very early 80's is when it was enclosed (I found the CD's in the vault at Benham one time) and the large expansion was the late 80's.

It's awfully hard to be critical of mall food court fare.

You can't really expect much.

Charlie's though--you'll never get bad food there.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post

Charlie's is awesome.

I know it will never happen, but I would love to see all the eateries at the food court be local restaurants. Can you imagine walking into the food court and seeing Tucker's, S&B's, The Mule, Cafe 7, Saturn Grill, Old School Bagel Cafe, Big Truck Tacos, Humble Pie and Iguana? I would go to the mall more if that were the case, but I know a lot of people from out of town wouldn't like it since they wouldn't recognize the names.

and Roxy's Ice Cream Social!
    great ice cream!

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post

Agreed. Even Southpark Mall in Charlotte, a mall that makes Penn Square look like 2005 Crossroads, has pretty much the same chains in their food court. Mall food courts are meant for people out shopping when its lunch time, not to be dining destinations.

Quote Originally Posted by midtowner

i actually don't have a problem with penn square's food court... it's a convenient place for mall visitors to grab a quick bite. not sure why some folks expect five star dining. i've just never understood the logic behind the name "cajun cafe."

as for charlie's, it isn't bad fast food. when i worked along 63rd, our office would eat at the food court once in a while. we came to the conclusion that the guy handing out the free samples was a serial killer. well... at least he looked like the stereotypical, "he was always such a quiet man" kind of guy.

-M

we came to the conclusion that the guy handing out the free samples was a serial killer. well... at least he looked like the stereotypical, "he was always such a quiet man" kind of guy. -M
    Anybody who has been there once knows exactly who you are talking about. I have come to the conclusion that he is a manager or something.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88
    Anybody who has been there once knows exactly who you are talking about.
    that's good news and bad news. good news in that we weren't off base in our observations. bad news in that he now knows i'm on to him and so i probably just made his list. -M

Thread Information