Widgets Magazine
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma City Thunder 2022-23 Season

Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2022-23 Season

Zion out.

Even without Zion, the Pelicans have been a tough match up for OKC. Looking forward to seeing how the team responds to the challenge.

Ingram has eaten OKC's lunch this season. If you stop him, you are in.

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2022-23 Season

Wednesday, April 12, 2023
    Oklahoma City Thunder vs New Orleans Pelicans
    Smoothie King Center, New Orleans
    ESPN 8:30 p.m.

Timberwolves choked against the Lakers last night. Which, IMO is better for Thunder if they can get the job done tonight. The refs got awfully nice to the Lakers in that second-half and I would prefer not to run into that issue.

8:30pm game tonight. Stop Ingram from dropping 40 and I think they win.

Blog Entries

^They absolutely choked - started taking terrible shots and you could just see the lead evaporating. They got a turnover late in the game with a 4 point lead and immediately jacked a bad 3.

Tonight I think you can’t have Ingram and McCollum both have big games. This will be the first time Thunder have faced both of them in the lineup this year.

Lets go!!!!

Blog Entries

Oklahoma City Thunder 123 @ New Orleans Pelicans 118

Box score https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore/_/gameId/401539674

Attendance: 18,715

Dort and Giddey carried HARD. Then SGA found his groove in the second half and that is all she wrote.

The NBA absolutely killed it by doing this play-in deal. These single elimination games are so fun.

It will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow night. Wonder if Gobert is going to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Dort and Giddey carried HARD. Then SGA found his groove in the second half and that is all she wrote.

The NBA absolutely killed it by doing this play-in deal. These single elimination games are so fun.

It will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow night. Wonder if Gobert is going to play.
    I read that he was only suspended one game, so I'm assuming he will play. I hope that actually works out as a negative considering all the discontent he's created with his teammates.

Blog Entries

Oklahoma City Thunder @ Minnesota Timberwolves
    Friday, April 14, 2023
    Target Center, Minneapolis
    ESPN 8:30 p.m.

Winner meets Denver in Best of Seven

we firing presti yet??

Blog Entries

Someone in-the-know tell me how did New Orleans get 18,715 into an arena with an official seating capacity of 16,867.

14. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2022-23 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Someone in-the-know tell me how did New Orleans get 18,715 into an arena with an official seating capacity of 16,867.
    I believe they can do different configurations based on sport. I am guessing they did a slightly different configuration for this playoff game to increase the number of people allowed in.

Kind of like how the Lakers and Clippers have different amount of capacity though they are in the same arena (or at least was the case the last time I looked).

Tomorrow's game has me a little worried. I give the Thunder a 40% chance of winning.

On paper the Wolves are one of the most talented teams in the NBA. However they historically have one of the worst front offices in all of sports. If they had competent management, they would have already had their ticket punched in the playoffs.

But they don't. And on the flip side, the Thunder do.

Thunder have exceeded my expectations this year and I have no criticisms how the franchise operates. They just aren't as talented as Minnesota but if they hussle they have a chance. It is just a matter of "hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work."

I give the Wolves the edge on the roster and, of course, home court advantage, and I give the Thunder the edge on coaching and overall franchise leadership.

Seems like the Wolves have had the Thunder's number recently. I could be wrong and I hope I am wrong. I am a fan of Oklahoma City and want them to win.

Quote Originally Posted by floyd the barber View Post
    Tomorrow's game has me a little worried. I give the Thunder a 40% chance of winning.

On paper the Wolves are one of the most talented teams in the NBA. However they historically have one of the worst front offices in all of sports. If they had competent management, they would have already had their ticket punched in the playoffs.

But they don't. And on the flip side, the Thunder do.

Thunder have exceeded my expectations this year and I have no criticisms how the franchise operates. They just aren't as talented as Minnesota but if they hussle they have a chance. It is just a matter of "hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work."

I give the Wolves the edge on the roster and, of course, home court advantage, and I give the Thunder the edge on coaching and overall franchise leadership.

Seems like the Wolves have had the Thunder's number recently. I could be wrong and I hope I am wrong. I am a fan of Oklahoma City and want them to win.
    agreed to a point, but it's a little hard for me to get too worried. we've only been in the tank wilderness for a total of 2 years. Most franchises (see, e.g., Phila) spend so much longer in tank mode. So I do think we're playing with a bit of house money at this stage.

it's also just very insane to think that we have chet coming + another lotto pick + tons of cap space + 15 FRPs over the next five drafts.

When we lost 3 out of 4 games to the Timberwolves it was way early in the season. It was before Williams and Williams became starters. We didn't start playing good ball until January.
    It should be a close one.

18. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2022-23 Season

We just need a classic KAT meltdown on the TWolves and we can win it. Problem will be size on the inside again.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    We just need a classic KAT meltdown on the TWolves and we can win it. Problem will be size on the inside again.
    This. We need two things not to happen, Gobert (if plays) getting 7 thousand rebounds and KAT going extra hard trying to make up for the Lakers game foul trouble issues.

Blog Entries

Also, Anthony Edwards looked pretty banged up last game. He averaged 24 during season, but he had just 9 points (3-of-17 from the field and 0-of-9 from 3) versus Lakers . We need another clunker from him.

KAT and Rudy are game time decisions. Rudy back spasms, at least that's what they say.

Blog Entries

Oklahoma City Thunder 95 @ Minnesota Timberwolves 120

Box score https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore/_/gameId/401539676

Attendance: 19,304

Are there usually lingering issues with Lisfranc injuries?

Good season for OKC, but that game wasn't even close. Goes to show the team still needs some work, and they didn't belong in the playoffs. Glad the Play In Tournament is getting it right. If they had of won those close games down the stretch against the teams they were supposed to beat, they would of probably been in a better position.

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    Good season for OKC, but that game wasn't even close. Goes to show the team still needs some work, and they didn't belong in the playoffs. Glad the Play In Tournament is getting it right. If they had of won those close games down the stretch against the teams they were supposed to beat, they would of probably been in a better position.
    well said, although Mn. is also just a terrible matchup for us. Very difficult to counter Gobert + KAT without any semblance of rim protection.

Thread Information