Widgets Magazine
Page 21 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

1. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    yeah would love it if they stopped spotting the other team a ten point lead early in the first quarter lol.
    That's pretty much exactly how the majority (I'd say) of their games have gone. I mean, I love that they are gaining much confidence in regard to coming back from a tough start, and that they know they are, or at least can be, still in a game even when down 20+ points, but it would be nice to see them jump out to a quick lead and then just stand on the opponents' necks for 48 minutes every once in a while. I realize this is nitpicky, and I'm glad we have the luxury of nitpicking.

2. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Thunder are the 3rd quarter team

3. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

^^^^^^^^
    Facts. That also is a recommendation for the coaches of this team.

Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

JDub owns the 4th quarter.

2 great bounce back wins on Monday and Wednesday. Was a little worried losing to the Hawks and Nets but maybe that was just being tired.

6. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    JDub owns the 4th quarter.
    Also true. So great to have another clutch guy besides SGA, and Chet is making noise there himself.

7. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    2 great bounce back wins on Monday and Wednesday. Was a little worried losing to the Hawks and Nets but maybe that was just being tired.
    Hawks 100% were. Second game of a back to back after beating Boston in their house, and apparently the plane didn’t take off until 4:30 am for some reason, according to some info I’ve seen. I give them a total pass for the Hawks; was more disappointed by Nets game (though still a road game, only one night after aforementioned B2B).

Quote Originally Posted by citywokchinesefood View Post
    The doomsayers in this thread have never played basketball at any sort of competitive level. This team loses two games in a row and you Boomers start calling this team out. They are playing well ahead of their development schedule. They have arguably the best looking offense in basketball as a young team which is unheard of. I feel like a lot of you just don't know basketball. That is okay, I am glad you support the team and are trying to follow the NBA. Personally, I think you should try to learn more about the game so you don't make such reductive comments.
    Damn dude, did you play D1 or something?? Lol

It’s the internet, everyone has an opinion and feels the need to hear themselves speak. Just like you and me.

9. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

I though chat threads were all about opinions ..... but that's my opinion.....

10. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    That's pretty much exactly how the majority (I'd say) of their games have gone. I mean, I love that they are gaining much confidence in regard to coming back from a tough start, and that they know they are, or at least can be, still in a game even when down 20+ points, but it would be nice to see them jump out to a quick lead and then just stand on the opponents' necks for 48 minutes every once in a while. I realize this is nitpicky, and I'm glad we have the luxury of nitpicking.
    Welp, I guess tonight’s game is what I’ve been waiting for. Absolutely SPANKING Portland. All of our young bench dudes getting significant minutes, especially in the second half. These are the type of performances that you need to sprinkle in a few times a season if you’re truly a contender. Thunder hasn’t had one like this in a long time.

11. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Largest victory in OKC history, 62 points. Love. My. Team.

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Portland Trail Blazers 77 @ Oklahoma City 139

Box score https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore/_/gameId/401585157

Attendance: 15,828

Scoot hitting his first two shots of the game looking cocky, and then proceeding to go 2-19 was amazing.

This stretch of games coming up is going to be some tough ones. Magic, Clippers, Jazz, and of course Wolves are all playing really well right now. Lakers is the only W I feel solid about.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Welp, I guess tonight’s game is what I’ve been waiting for. Absolutely SPANKING Portland. All of our young bench dudes getting significant minutes, especially in the second half. These are the type of performances that you need to sprinkle in a few times a season if you’re truly a contender. Thunder hasn’t had one like this in a long time.
    the thunder now have the second best point differential in the league +9.1 a game

Scoot hitting his first two shots of the game looking cocky, and then proceeding to go 2-19 was amazing.

This stretch of games coming up is going to be some tough ones. Magic, Clippers, Jazz, and of course Wolves are all playing really well right now. Lakers is the only W I feel solid about.
    lol what happened the last time the Lakers and thunder played?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    And what has happened since?

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    Took a vintage Lebron performance to pull that one. It aint happening this time.

18. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

We caught the Lakers down bad in a must win. I think we are better than them for sure. Just can't get caught sleeping.

I'm guessing the fans of every one of those teams are right this minute typing about how they are worried about their upcoming game against the Thunder.

We also blew the lakers out the first time we played them at home a few weeks earlier. They were on the second night of a back to back but still…beat them by 23 points and it didn’t seem that close.

Took a vintage Lebron performance to pull that one. It aint happening this time.
    lol Lakers led by 12 at the half and 16 after 3 ... and it never got closer then 8 in the 4th Q there was no Pulling one out ..

the Lakers are a bad matchup for the Thunder because of their size ..

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    We also blew the lakers out the first time we played them at home a few weeks earlier. They were on the second night of a back to back but still…beat them by 23 points and it didn’t seem that close.
    true but as you said 2nd night of back to back ... and that changes everything see Thunder Hawks ..

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    I'm guessing the fans of every one of those teams are right this minute typing about how they are worried about their upcoming game against the Thunder.
    pretty much the only team that should feel good are the Clippers because they have a day off and the Thunder are night 2 of a back to back ******

*It does help a ton that the Thunder don't have any travel with this B2B ...

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Saturday, January 13, 2024
    Orlando Magic @ Oklahoma City Thunder
    Paycom Center, OKC - 7:00 PM
    TV - Bally Sports Oklahoma
    WWLS-The Sports Animal Oklahoma City (98.1 FM), Tulsa (97.1 FM)

It took the Lakers shooing 50 percent and Lebron not missing from 3 to beat us in that game. That was probably LA best shooting game of the year by far.

Thread Information