Widgets Magazine
Page 209 of 217 FirstFirst ... 109159204205206207208209210211212213214 ... LastLast
Results 5,201 to 5,225 of 5410

Thread: Convention Center

Default Re: Convention Center

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    The Blue moving to the new State Fair Arena seems inevitable whenever that gets built. It'll be interesting to see what they do between now and then. Maybe a temporary move to Hamilton Fieldhouse on UCO's campus?
    they have different as of yet unannounced long term plans

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    They haven't decided where they will go, but the city does have to pay a significant amount to relocate them.
    So is this in addition to what was given to the Blue in exchange for them ending their lease early?

The Blue agreed to end their one-year lease early in exchange for the flooring, scorers equipment and other items that belonged to Cox center and was used by the team.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    So is this in addition to what was given to the Blue in exchange for them ending their lease early?
    Yes.

The city is letting them take all that equipment but also paying to move them. Not sure of the exact cost, but working on it.

Blog Entries

What are the chances of the Oklahoma City Blue playing their home games at Oklahoma City University's Abe Lemons Arena or University of Central Oklahoma's Hamilton Field House for the interim. Truly believe the new arena at the Fairgrounds will eventually be their permanent home.

I know we've shredded this thread on the convention center as far as staying on topic..

Refresh my memory - This is the MAPS 3 Convention Center Thread...

Nvm

6. Default Re: Convention Center

Three words:

Lloyd Noble Center
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

It's hard enough for OU to get good crowds at the LNC unless the team is competing for a conference title. I can't see the Blue drawing very well there, though I do think it's questionable that they'd ever draw well anywhere in the OKC Metro.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    Three words:

Lloyd Noble Center
    Norman would nice...

Historic McCasland Field House

9. Default Re: Convention Center

Why not just move them into the new convention center in an exhibit hall with a court and some bleachers for the time being. No fans are going to be there anyways and it's right across the street from the thunder offices at CHK.

I think I heard somewhere that the G-League will have a short season in a bubble somewhere ?

Awful lot of contractors left working still. How much has the city collected in liquidated damages?

I am still curious about how much the city has collected in liquidated damages with all the work still going on. Which contractors have been barred and blacklisted from working for any more city jobs due to being incomplete?

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Drake View Post
    I am still curious about how much the city has collected in liquidated damages with all the work still going on. Which contractors have been barred and blacklisted from working for any more city jobs due to being incomplete?
    They seem to be pretty much done on the inside.

The street work is a different contract but their published schedule was that they were to be done in December. They'll be lucky to finish before February.

Did they at least arrest the guy that loosened the bolt on the main truss and disconnected the suppression pipe?

Did they at least arrest the guy that loosened the bolt on the main truss and disconnected the suppression pipe?
    I haven't heard anything about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I haven't heard anything about this.
    He has been posting these conspiracy theories that the structure has been sabotaged by a rogue worker who has a personal disagreement with the city building this.

Blog Entries

Did we all miss where this was reported by a reliable source? If so, did they find it to be malicious and intentional? Please report the facts, not rumor or gossip or theory.

Well it very well could be true. And if it is, not only does the city need to collect on liquidated damages, and not only that but sue the Bejesus out of the guy involved and have him arrested. Lives could be in danger at that point.

HangryHippo Guest

Well it very well could be true. And if it is, not only does the city need to collect on liquidated damages, and not only that but sue the Bejesus out of the guy involved and have him arrested. Lives could be in danger at that point.
    What the actual hell are you talking about?

Blog Entries

And it very well could be irresponsible speculation and gossip. Where is any report of ANY evidence of this deed? It is troubling times when allegations require no evidence by anybody wanting to make any wild assertion. Please cite evidence or admit it is rumor or made up.

By the way, do you have any idea of how inspections are made, or how construction project management works?

It's now possible to wander all over much of the site and get a feel for it on a street level, such as the interaction with Fairfield Inn to the east. You can also walk into the garage and take a look, and climb up and down the stairs if you are feeling a little crazy.

It's a nice complex.

I really don't care about construction project management and inspections. I do know there were a bunch of trades there that hired people with disdain about working on that job. I just don't think those people should be on any jobsite whatsoever. It's just disheartening. That's all.

25. Default Re: Convention Center

This is chasing a conspiracy theory that doesn't exist. Yawn....

Excited to to get a look in the place.

Thread Information