Widgets Magazine
Page 208 of 488 FirstFirst ... 108158203204205206207208209210211212213258308 ... LastLast
Results 5,176 to 5,200 of 12187

Thread: Devon Energy Center

Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

Thanks ljbab728 for the info.

2. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

My friend works downtown and get to her office quite early in the morning. She knows about my interest in thw tower and said it looked amazing this morning lit up. She shot a picture with her phone, its not the greatest quality but a different perspective than what we have seen. She also said she would take me sometime with her and let me in her garage so I could get some good shots with a better camera.

3. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

thanks for the link ... what a great pic that is the new glazing on the crystal bridge looks great

What is the height of the tower now? 460ish feet?

6. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

Shanghai: 1990-2010

7. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

Anyone ever heard of EarthCam?

http://www.earthcam.net/construction/

The new World Trade Center site uses something like it.

http://www.panynj.gov/wtcprogress/live-camera.html

http://www.national911memorial.org/s...Visit_EarthCam

The World Trade Center reached 52 stories back in December, making it half way to the finished height.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/...-halfway-point

I clicked the link on the bottom and found EarthCam. This would be great to use for Devon Tower.

http://www.earthcam.net/pdf/ConstructionCamHD.pdf

http://www.webcamstore.com/professio...?systemid=1092

Contact Us for Pricing
    1-800-EARTHCAM / 1-201-488-1111
    ಠ_ಠ

Here's a comparison page with live video samples.
    http://www.earthcam.net/products/comparisonchart.php

I still think something using UStream would be better.
    http://www.ustream.tv/channel/towerbridge

BTW this is still my favorite webcam. Actual live video you can control in real time.

http://www.littletongov.org/cupolacam/default.asp

^WOW. I had no idea Shanghai went through that much of a transformation. That's a neat photo comparison!

9. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

Services like EarthCam and OxBlue (used by Chesapeake's contractor) are expensive and meant to be mounted on the exterior of an adjacent building. The people at Chase Tower aren't going to let us do that, cost aside.

We are working on getting something setup on an upper floor in Chase Tower and also near the new LEVEL and Aloft construction. In both cases -- just like the current Devon webcam -- a poster on the board simply volunteered and I've helped them in various ways.

Quote Originally Posted by swilki View Post
    I too made it downtown today - gotta love federal holidays! Haven't seen a pic taken from this side of downtown in a while (looking SE). Pardon the quality, all I had was my cell phone.

swilki, would you mind if I uploaded this picture to the OKC wikipedia page? There is a terrible picture up now and this one would be a huge improvement. I won't do it without your permission...

12. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

Quote Originally Posted by UnFrSaKn View Post
    Shanghai: 1990-2010
    Holy crap!
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

13. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

Quote Originally Posted by KilgoreTrout View Post
    swilki, would you mind if I uploaded this picture to the OKC wikipedia page? There is a terrible picture up now and this one would be a huge improvement. I won't do it without your permission...
    The Wikipedia picture is from a photo posted on here a few months ago. I thought at first it was a capture from my latest video.

Either way though. It's terrible.
    The one you suggest, from that angle it makes all the buildings look the same size and out of proportion, but that's just my opinion.

Any ideas of other pics then?

15. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

Any ideas of other pics then?
    Just use the one you were wanting to use. I have no idea how to update the Wiki with new profile avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by UnFrSaKn View Post
    The Wikipedia picture is from a photo posted on here a few months ago. I thought at first it was a capture from my latest video.

Either way though. It's terrible.
    The one you suggest, from that angle it makes all the buildings look the same size and out of proportion, but that's just my opinion.
    I think a shot from the place above (SE 15th, just west of I-35) would be awesome during spring time with storms in the background behind downtown!

And random thought here but is it just me or would downtown look even more awesome if a midrise skyscraper was built in the square block where, currently, Devon construction employees park? I may have brought this up in the past, but honestly, I can't remember...

I agree with Thunder and KilgoreTrout. Post that view. I'ts much better than what is being used now.

sheeeesh. I would be honored. Go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Just use the one you were wanting to use. I have no idea how to update the Wiki with new profile avatar.
    Thunder,

Not that I know exactly how copyright laws work vs. public domain. Not that I even care. But it always nice to ask someone permission before using something they did.

Thanks for asking KilgoreTrout.

20. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

Quote Originally Posted by swilki View Post
    Thunder,

Not that I know exactly how copyright laws work vs. public domain. Not that I even care. But it always nice to ask someone permission before using something they did.

Thanks for asking KilgoreTrout.
    He already asked you. Now everyone was just waiting for your response. Once an answer is given, then it is all a go. Wiki has all that info to put in who produced the picture, etc.

Is it just an optical illusion or me because the WTC doesn't look like it is 52 stories. Devon hasn't reached 30 stories and it looks as big as the WTC, unless of course it just has to do with the buildings in each of the surrounding areas

Quote Originally Posted by cdbthunder View Post
    Is it just an optical illusion or me because the WTC doesn't look like it is 52 stories. Devon hasn't reached 30 stories and it looks as big as the WTC, unless of course it just has to do with the buildings in each of the surrounding areas
    Have you been to NYC, specifically the WTC site, those buildings are MASSIVE.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Have you been to NYC, specifically the WTC site, those buildings are MASSIVE.
    ^^No doubt,having been to NYC a few times it will Amaze you how Massive and Tall towers can get in NYC!Downtown OKC's towers/highrises could fit in a few blocks of dt Manhatten!

Quote Originally Posted by dmoor82 View Post
    ^^No doubt,having been to NYC a few times it will Amaze you how Massive and Tall towers can get in NYC!Downtown OKC's towers/highrises could fit in a few blocks of dt Manhatten!
    I love Manahattan--but only for a few days at most--at a time.

Not sure why every one is dismayed at the picture of DT OKC. DT OKC is relatively sparse in terms of tall buildings, old, with most of the high rise buildings having been built circa 1960's, whichi means boxy and plain. DT OKC has a long way to go to be photogenic

Thread Information