Widgets Magazine
Page 207 of 488 FirstFirst ... 107157202203204205206207208209210211212257307 ... LastLast
Results 5,151 to 5,175 of 12187

Thread: Devon Energy Center

Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

Jmark, he KSBI cam is west, not north. It's on Kilpatrick Turnpike, near W. Hefner Rd.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Jmark, he KSBI cam is west, not north. It's on Kilpatrick Turnpike, near W. Hefner Rd.
    Oh. Wherever it is--it is too far away to be of any use to anyone...it always looks like a fog has enveloped the city...

3. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

Quote Originally Posted by jmarkross View Post
    Things are getting pretty dull on this thread...except for the praiseworthy and very generous work by William Hider with his extraordinary videos...his cinematography is wonderful...quite professional and far better than you normally see anywhere. It is the tiny nuances all over his work that are unique...zooming, editing, selections to photograph...these are not small things and if he is not a cinematography student or professional--he certainly OUGHT to be...native talents like this are NOT commonplace. Well done, William.
    Thanks a lot. I didn't have any previous experience except for photography until I picked up this camera over the summer. It's the same basic idea, except it's faster paced. I just shot a lot of video for two concerts this past weekend so those will be the next big thing coming in the next couple days. Last night I was at the old Poncan Theater.

Quote Originally Posted by jmarkross View Post
    Oh. Wherever it is--it is too far away to be of any use to anyone...it always looks like a fog has enveloped the city...
    Maybe it's pointed at the Politics forum of this site?

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    Maybe it's pointed at the Politics forum of this site?
    No...I think that would technically be a pall...

Quote Originally Posted by UnFrSaKn View Post
    Thanks a lot. I didn't have any previous experience except for photography until I picked up this camera over the summer. It's the same basic idea, except it's faster paced. I just shot a lot of video for two concerts this past weekend so those will be the next big thing coming in the next couple days. Last night I was at the old Poncan Theater.
    Keep at it, the most talented people often do not have a full realization of what they possess...in my experience. Obviously--it is something you enjoy...if one connects what you really enjoy with a vocation...bliss can be the result. I seldom compliment people just to do so. I do like to comment on the unusual. Perseverance is the arbiter which decides who is Shinola--or--the other stuff...

I wonder if people today even know what shoe polish is?...

Quote Originally Posted by OUGrad05 View Post
    Fixed
    niiiice...

Quote Originally Posted by okclee View Post
    Has anyone started to try and pinpoint the exact date for building height completion?

This could be a fun guessing game. Not for the building to be completed, only for the exterior structure height completion.

I will estimate, the 6th of October 2011.
    I'm gonna go with my stepmom's Birthday, August 28th, 2011.

I was down by the tower today. Since scale is getting harder to see from the webcam I tried to get some shots of areas we haven't seen in a while.

Looking North

Looking Northwest

Lobby (note the sheen of the glass that has been installed)

East side of Podium

Another Lobby shot

Looking South at Podium staircase

Looking South

View from Devon Boathouse

Hope you enjoy these photos.

P.S. For the record I've really been enjoying the videos.

Nice shots Jonno! Thanks for taking the time to post those great shots!

I too made it downtown today - gotta love federal holidays! Haven't seen a pic taken from this side of downtown in a while (looking SE). Pardon the quality, all I had was my cell phone.

^^My favorite angle viewing the skyline,would be real Awesome at night!Thanks for posting!

VERY NICE Jonno and swilki!

my favorite view of downtown just got much nicer! thanks swilki!

Quote Originally Posted by dmoor82 View Post
    ^^My favorite angle viewing the skyline,would be real Awesome at night!Thanks for posting!
    Me too. The buildings are much more condensed from this angle!

I agree. I really like that view of downtown. Also, have they started the 30th floor/story yet?

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    Me too. The buildings are much more condensed from this angle!
    ^^My Least favorite angles are from The SW part of The city, like coming from The Airport or from The NE part of The city like around The Med.district or The State Capitol!

18. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

Hello - long time lurker and first time poster. I own a webcam and work in the Chase Building on a fairly high floor. I will see about setting up the cam up here for you guys. It may be a bandwidth issue, but at the very least, maybe I can figure out how to send still pictures every hour or somesuch. Anyway, I would post a pic I took today with my iPhone from where the cam would be located, but apparently, I need to be a member longer to do that. Coming soon, I guess!

ChaseDweller, thanks for your interest and kind offer! I sent you an email about how we might proceed.

Also, you should be able to upload your photo now -- we simply moderate the first few posts of all users to avoid the board being spammed.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseDweller View Post
    Hello - long time lurker and first time poster. I own a webcam and work in the Chase Building on a fairly high floor. I will see about setting up the cam up here for you guys. It may be a bandwidth issue, but at the very least, maybe I can figure out how to send still pictures every hour or somesuch. Anyway, I would post a pic I took today with my iPhone from where the cam would be located, but apparently, I need to be a member longer to do that. Coming soon, I guess!
    The Power of Prayer...

21. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

Yeah!!!!
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Coming soon...as OPEC goes for the gold...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compressed_natural_gas

Quote Originally Posted by soonerwilliam View Post
    I agree. I really like that view of downtown. Also, have they started the 30th floor/story yet?
    Not yet. They are working on the ceiling for the 28th level or the floor for the 29th level depending on your point of view.

ChaseDweller, that sounds great! Even updating once every 10 minutes or 5 wouldn't require much bandwidth at all if it is a still image. Could probably work something out where it uploads the image to somewhere offsite so you aren't serving out to everyone on the board.

25. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

True. I have used CoffeeCup's software to upload images from my cam when I had it on a tank every second. For this project, every minute or five is fine. There are many free hosting to set up with a simple code on a web page to display the images on whatever intervals.

Thread Information