Widgets Magazine
Page 202 of 486 FirstFirst ... 102152197198199200201202203204205206207252302 ... LastLast
Results 5,026 to 5,050 of 12137

Thread: Devon Energy Center

1. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

That is absolutely insane and totally scary.

Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

If a worker jumps to his death from the top floor under construction what floor does the newspaper say he jumped from and how do the word it? I'll be they don't say he jumped from the top side of the ceiling of the 20th floor, they will say he jumped from the 21st floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
    If a worker jumps to his death from the top floor under construction what floor does the newspaper say he jumped from and how do the word it? I'll be they don't say he jumped from the top side of the ceiling of the 20th floor, they will say he jumped from the 21st floor.
    I like your question. I'd answer with it depends on where he jumps from. If he jumps from the far most easterly side of the building, then you could say the 27th floor, but otherwise, anywhere else, the 26th floor (as I see it, this is where they currently are).

to answer your question I still need some more facts, if its the 20th or 21st floor he jumped from.. Please tell me if it was raining outside or snowing during the time, and what was the wind speed and direction? was he wearing a suit or casual clothing and did he or did he not have lunch? Just needing all the fact before i can answer you the floor jumping question. Since we have some picky people on this board i need to know some facts before i can post my answer

5. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

Stop ruining the thread. Who really cares what floor they are on? Just be happy there is a building being built that we can talk about.

Agree. This is getting boring. How about some fresh shots of the lower sections of the building for those of us that don't live in OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by Dulahey View Post
    I will be attending a small presentation on Thursday evening given by the lead engineer of the Devon Tower. After the speakers there is usually a lack of questions to be asked so I figured I would ask on here if any of you have any good questions I could pass along.

Note: Please make sure you understand the difference between an architect and an engineer before asking a question.
    Hey, maybe you can ask the engineer what floor they're technically working on. I bet he can't even give a concrete answer to appease everyone on this board!

8. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Loudenback View Post
    That is absolutely insane and totally scary.
    Ted Danson shouldn't do such dangerous things.

The video was taken down by YouTube. Can anyone tell me what was on it? On the "what constitutes a floor" question, I don't think it will matter what floor, ceiling, or whatever a guy jumps from, he'll end up on the ground floor. I'm pretty sure he won't care by then what floor he jumped from lol.

Youtube is blocked at work so I could not watch the video. Now it has been pulled. What was it about?

Just need to add that the speaker will be the lead *structural* engineer for the tower. I skipped a fairly key word there in my post and I guess I can't edit it.

So he probably won't know about the lighting.

12. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    Stop ruining the thread. Who really cares what floor they are on? Just be happy there is a building being built that we can talk about.
    Agree, worthy cook and David Pollard. Me too, to the 2 o' youtz.

13. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

Quote Originally Posted by Mike63 View Post
    Youtube is blocked at work so I could not watch the video. Now it has been pulled. What was it about?

14. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

^^Hard to imagine that The Burj Dubai is over 3 times as tall as The Devon tower will be!!!In 50 years or less there will be 3-4 taller towers in The World!

16. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

Quote Originally Posted by dmoor82 View Post
    ^^Hard to imagine that The Burj Dubai is over 3 times as tall as The Devon tower will be!!!In 50 years or less there will be 3-4 taller towers in The World!

Was excited to notice Monday that the crane had bumped over the weekend and was way over the OK Tower. Then this morning, driving from Edmond, I was finally able to see a pillar peeking up above the Oklahoma Tower - so the Devon Tower has nearly cleared the other towers in town from every viewpoint (Unless you happen to be sitting right behind the chase tower I guess).

UnFrSaKN, could you post your comparative diagram on the Skyscrapercity.com site under the Oklahoma City thread? Might raise (or lower) some eyebrows!

19. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

Quote Originally Posted by David Pollard View Post
    UnFrSaKN, could you post your comparative diagram on the Skyscrapercity.com site under the Oklahoma City thread? Might raise (or lower) some eyebrows!
    Feel free.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j2...devonchase.png

Quote Originally Posted by hipsterdoofus View Post
    Was excited to notice Monday that the crane had bumped over the weekend and was way over the OK Tower. Then this morning, driving from Edmond, I was finally able to see a pillar peeking up above the Oklahoma Tower - so the Devon Tower has nearly cleared the other towers in town from every viewpoint (Unless you happen to be sitting right behind the chase tower I guess).
    I'm sooo happy for you. I noticed this today. What will be awesome is driving south on BWE at night and seeing the construction lights over the OkTower. They're actually on the 22nd floor so it will be a few weeks before lights will beam over the top of the tower! But I can't wait!!
    Last edited by OKCisOK4me; 01-05-2011 at 05:03 PM. Reason: 4 floors higher

Quote Originally Posted by David Pollard View Post
    Agree. This is getting boring. How about some fresh shots of the lower sections of the building for those of us that don't live in OKC.
    David... I just took some fresh pictures of the tower today. One is a close up of the interior construction on the first floor.

http://devontower.blogspot.com/

Overall it looks like the tower is close to 450 feet right now.

Quote Originally Posted by B Mac View Post
    David... I just took some fresh pictures of the tower today. One is a close up of the interior construction on the first floor.

Great pics B Mac. One question I have: you stated "You can see the progress of the data center on the left hand side of the picture below." This is a picture from Hudson looking east at the tower and the "Podium" on the left hand side of the screen. Isn't the podium for meeting/conference rooms and gathering spaces? I believe the data center was moved offsite and that is why they lowered the height of the tower from 925 to 850 feet. Please correct me if I am wrong.

23. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

Quote Originally Posted by B Mac View Post

B Mac, those are wonderful pictures (not just the current, but all). Would it be OK with you if I'd put a link in the left sidebar of my blog to your blog? Anyway, it's just great.

you can see 2 emergency vehicles on the okc skyline cam

Quote Originally Posted by kinggober View Post
    you can see 2 emergency vehicles on the okc skyline cam
    It looks like they've cleared for whatever reason they were there for...

Thread Information