Widgets Magazine
Page 201 of 486 FirstFirst ... 101151196197198199200201202203204205206251301 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,025 of 12138

Thread: Devon Energy Center

Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

Hello everyone. I've been lurking around here for awhile and finally took a couple pics I'd like to share. These are shot obviously from the WNW of the Devon Bldg. on 5th and N Western. (shot with my iphone so there not the best quality)

Enjoy and Happy New Year to everyone.

Yancy

2. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

They've started the next level across from the parking garage too. It'll be interesting getting video from there from now on with people working right next to me. I'll have to get different angles.

Pete, what floor are they working on now?

Found some construction progress pictures on Wikipedia...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devon_Tower#Gallery

There are more available at the blog:

http://devontower.blogspot.com/

It is crazy how fast things picked up this fall. It seems like progress slowed down a little in December. I am guessing because of the high winds and colder weather.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerwilliam View Post
    Pete, what floor are they working on now?
    They have the floor in place for the 26th level and are starting on the 27th.

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    They have the floor in place for the 26th level and are starting on the 27th.
    And to be more overly correct (as my thinking is the same as yours, yet not to offend the other way of viewing it), the 25th floor is complete.

7. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

Quote Originally Posted by yancmo View Post
    Hello everyone. I've been lurking around here for awhile and finally took a couple pics I'd like to share. These are shot obviously from the WNW of the Devon Bldg. on 5th and N Western. (shot with my iphone so there not the best quality)

Enjoy and Happy New Year to everyone.

Yancy
    Thanks, Yancy, and welcome to the forum. Your iphone takes pretty good pics for a phone.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    And to be more overly correct (as my thinking is the same as yours, yet not to offend the other way of viewing it), the 25th floor is complete.
    That depends on your definition of "floor". A floor is what you walk on to me so I stand by my definition. If you're talking about a room, that includes the ceiling.

9. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

New Year's fireworks from last night.

You ROCK Unfrsakn!

11. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

for the umteenth time, a floor includes the bottom and top, floor and ceiling.

Does Chase Tower have 36 floors or 37 (since the roof is a 'floor')? It has 36 ceilings, so it has 36 inhabitable floors. ...

a building's floor/level isn't complete without the floor and the ceiling. .... Can we please put this to rest?
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

12. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post

Does Chase Tower have 36 floors or 37 (since the roof is a 'floor')? It has 36 ceilings, so it has 36 inhabitable floors. ...

a building's floor/level isn't complete without the floor and the ceiling. .... Can we please put this to rest?
    Well... You're quite wrong. We all know how many floors there will be. You are misunderstanding people here when they ask what floor is being built. They want to know what floor is being poured right now. You are thinking the wrong way by thinking of the completion date. And no one talking about the absolute top right now. Just the next floor that is being poured at this time.
    '
    Other poster, thanks for the video. I am impressed with OKC spending more on fireworks for New Year.

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post

Hot Rod you can put it to rest if you want to but I still disagree with the terminology during construction. I agree with Thunder is this case. The questions have been about the current stage of construction and not necessarily about what floor is complete. If the Chase Tower was going to have 37 floors, the roof of the 36th level would be the 37th floor. It's really a fairly pointless argument though. The building will be what it is no matter how the levels are described.

14. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ht_Skyline.jpg

This skyline view of Philadelphia shows Comcast Center being built. It looks similar to how Devon is going up. It's 975 feet by the way. Devon will be the same height as Two Liberty Place on the far right, or One Liberty Place without the spire.

That depends on your definition of "floor". A floor is what you walk on to me so I stand by my definition. If you're talking about a room, that includes the ceiling.
    FIIIIINE....STORY, not floor. This is the most ridiculous argument of all time on this whole thread. But it will happen over and over again with new people coming on board. For the perspective of arguments sake. The 25th STORY has been completed. They are working on the 26th floor and the columns that will eventually support the 27th floor.

I say we let Thunder have the last word on this floor/level/ceiling debate.

Quote Originally Posted by K5FAL View Post
    I say we let Thunder have the last word on this floor/level/ceiling debate.
    We could go by height, but then people would be complaining about going by feet or meters. LOL

Can we call them STORIES to help it stay clarified?

I will be attending a small presentation on Thursday evening given by the lead engineer of the Devon Tower. After the speakers there is usually a lack of questions to be asked so I figured I would ask on here if any of you have any good questions I could pass along.

Note: Please make sure you understand the difference between an architect and an engineer before asking a question.

OKC Skyline cam has moved again.

Dulahey...ask about the led lighting. Coverage and capabilities.

21. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

Quote Originally Posted by Dulahey View Post
    I will be attending a small presentation on Thursday evening given by the lead engineer of the Devon Tower. After the speakers there is usually a lack of questions to be asked so I figured I would ask on here if any of you have any good questions I could pass along.

Note: Please make sure you understand the difference between an architect and an engineer before asking a question.
    Here is my question:

Two of the Devon Tower's three facades face southeast and southwest. For three out of four seasons, this orientation allows the building to maximize natural sunlight as the sun moves across the horizon.

Was this orientation designed for that purpose or was it coincidence? And, does this orientation minimize heating efforts during colder months with natural sunlight and cooling efforts during the summer when the sun travels directly overhead? How about floor lighting, which I heard was designed to compensate for the amount of natural light outdoors, which would reduce energy consumption.
    Continue the Renaissance!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    FIIIIINE....STORY, not floor. This is the most ridiculous argument of all time on this whole thread. But it will happen over and over again with new people coming on board. For the perspective of arguments sake. The 25th STORY has been completed. They are working on the 26th floor and the columns that will eventually support the 27th floor.
    As I said previously, the argument is silly and has no bearing on state of construction of the building. And I'm hardly new to this thread. People can use whatever terminology they prefer and the building will stay the same. You describe it any way you wish and I will do the same. It's a little like the story of the blind man describing an elephant.

As I said previously, the argument is silly and has no bearing on state of construction of the building. And I'm hardly new to this thread. People can use whatever terminology they prefer and the building will stay the same. You describe it any way you wish and I will do the same. It's a little like the story of the blind man describing an elephant.
    I wasn't referring to you when I typed that response. I was referring to new people in general. I did see your post count at 1667 when I replied and I replied only to what I read after the last thing I saw. I don't go from the bottom up. Forgive me. Anyway, I absolutely agree that there's not one sure way of defining what floor they're on since everyone views it differently. As far as I'm concerned, they're on every floor, lol, because they're working on every floor...

24. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

Quote Originally Posted by UnFrSaKn View Post
    Excuse me while I change my drawers.

Thread Information