Widgets Magazine
Page 200 of 486 FirstFirst ... 100150195196197198199200201202203204205250300 ... LastLast
Results 4,976 to 5,000 of 12138

Thread: Devon Energy Center

Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

That is sweet, SkyWestOKC! Thanks for sharing it.

2. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

Quite lovely. Thanks for bringing the future to us.

3. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

I quite agree, Skywest. Excellent work.

4. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

Is there any available space between the Devon Tower and Chase Tower? We need another tower close to Devon size in there.

x x
    Last edited by Pete; 12-27-2010 at 05:41 PM. Reason: removed by request of original photographer

6. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

What time did they turn on the blue lights?

7. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

Devon Tower in Thunder Blue already!!!

Sweet!
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

I hate to say this, but the pic was taken between 6 and 7pm. I looked at his original file size and nothing indicates that the windows are 'lit thunder blue'. If anything, it's the remaining daytime light reflecting off of the tower. Look at the NW inlet. It's pure dark all the way up (because it's not reflecting what little blue is left in the sky). Check out the 4288x2848 resolution to see what I'm talking about:

*link removed at request of poster*

Right above the Flinto sign you can see a reflection of a crane in the window. If the lighting was coming from within the windows, you wouldn't be able to see the crane because it's left over light emanating from the horizon.

You can see the reflection of the crane even better in this full size shot (which you can tell was taken earlier due to the sky being a little more visible in the same color):

*link removed at request of poster*

I wish it were true, but it's not. Sorry guys...
    Last edited by Pete; 12-28-2010 at 09:17 AM.

Also notice that the crane lights are being reflected inside the the camera lens or filters in a blue color!

OKCisOK4me,

you need to take down this link to my picture. You have don't have my permission to use it. please take down the link.

noahjokc, I removed the photo that was actually being shown on this thread but there is no copyright for website links and therefore no permission is needed.

12. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

Was it the one with blueness on the glass? It was posted online somewhere without any info imprinted on the picture. Since it is on public Internet domain, it is anything goes. So... Pass around...post on here..etc. I dunno why that person will be so angry about it. All he has to do is claim ownership and provide proof of evidence that the picture is his. :-( I am really surprised that a person comes along to demand a piece of history to be removed and hidden. I hope it will not be lost forever. Did someone save it?

The issue here is simple:

You cannot post a photo or anything under copyright without the approval of the owner. In this case, the owner/photographer has stated we do not have his permission.

However, there is no copyright law against links. If you want to see the photos, follow the links provided. If the owner doesn't want the world to see them, they can use privacy settings at their host site.

Have they started the auditorium?

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Have they started the auditorium?
    Yes. Starting a week or two ago, you could see in some of the posted photos they had started to put up the concrete forms and rebar for the far SW corner of that building.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Brzycki View Post
    The issue here is simple:

You cannot post a photo or anything under copyright without the approval of the owner. In this case, the owner/photographer has stated we do not have his permission.

However, there is no copyright law against links. If you want to see the photos, follow the links provided. If the owner doesn't want the world to see them, they can use privacy settings at their host site.
    My bad.

No worries, diggyba. Usually posting a photo directly isn't a big deal but when somebody requests we take it down, I'll always honor that.

The whole point of the forum is to share and your intentions were clearly good.

Okay, back to talking about awesome Devon Tower!

18. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

Tonight was the first clear night I have been able to see the lights inside the tower from a distance. (Penn Ave between 142nd and 138th) - The top level with interior lights was at the same level as the neon band around the top of the Oklahoma tower (from this vantage point).

Another good view from a distance is going Eastbound on NW 10th between Portland and I44. Gives a good perspective of the Tower and the skyline.

Tower looks cool with the fog.

20. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

Quote Originally Posted by diggyba View Post
    Tower looks cool with the fog.
    What tower?

Quote Originally Posted by UnFrSaKn View Post
    What tower?
    It looked cool last night before the fog completely took over Oklahoma.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Ahhh, I didn't think of that! Is the rising still on the same pace? It seem to me that it is slowing down, but it could just be that it is taller and the taller it gets, the slower it appears. I do want to know if it is true that we have a law that no construction workers can work below 32 outside? My brother's boss said this and it makes sense since he do not work until temp is above 32.
    Where do you come up with 95% of the things you say. Yep everybody is going to halt construction when its 32 degrees or colder. Have you ever driven though a new neighborhood at eight' in the morning in the winter? That should answer your question. Love you though you keep me laughing.

23. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

Quote Originally Posted by geterdone View Post
    Where do you come up with 95% of the things you say. Yep everybody is going to halt construction when its 32 degrees or colder. Have you ever driven though a new neighborhood at eight' in the morning in the winter? That should answer your question. Love you though you keep me laughing.
    They have a lot of those portable heaters you get at Walmart running non-stop, plus they switch out all the lights with those heat lamps used at fast food restaurants.

50% of the tower is left. YAY!

Have they finished the 25th floor?

Thread Information