Widgets Magazine
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma City Thunder 2022-23 Season

1. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2022-23 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    I was meaning the vibe of the fans, not the actual attendance numbers. Bad wording on my part. But yea, the casual fan isn't as tuned into the team right now because they don't know what special talent is lurking on the roster, that is about to change next season.

Not sure how the Bally deal works in terms of packages bars normally purchase... But two major ones I know of in Midtown do not have it. Collective and Parlor.
    Yeah I was at Bar Cicchetti the other night and they were unable to play it, despite wanting to. I was also at rePUBlic the other day and while almost all of the TVs were showing hoops, it was 100% NBA and I had to request that the bartender put the Thunder game on one very tiny screen among the forest of large ones, despite the fact that two of the giant screens were side-by-side showing the same women's NCAA game. Bartender was clearly annoyed at the Thunder request. The team is so damned fun to watch right now, and the sky is clearly the limit for those who are paying attention. But presently it is far outside of the local cultural zeitgeist.

Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2022-23 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Yeah I was at Bar Cicchetti the other night and they were unable to play it, despite wanting to. I was also at rePUBlic the other day and while almost all of the TVs were showing hoops, it was 100% NBA and I had to request that the bartender put the Thunder game on one very tiny screen among the forest of large ones, despite the fact that two of the giant screens were side-by-side showing the same women's NCAA game. Bartender was clearly annoyed at the Thunder request. The team is so damned fun to watch right now, and the sky is clearly the limit for those who are paying attention. But presently it is far outside of the local cultural zeitgeist.
    wonder what tv package bar cicchetti has??

I just went to Cox's website to look at commercial packages for TV. Looks like Bally is only available with the highest tier package, which is called Contour.

DirecTV commercial packages, it looks like Bally is available at a middle-tier package.

I wonder if most places in OKC have lower tier packages, as it looks like square footage and receiver counts may play a role.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    I just went to Cox's website to look at commercial packages for TV. Looks like Bally is only available with the highest tier package, which is called Contour.

DirecTV commercial packages, it looks like Bally is available at a middle-tier package.

I wonder if most places in OKC have lower tier packages, as it looks like square footage and receiver counts may play a role.
    every garage and pubw have the thunder ..

^so Hal Smith establishments definitely pay to play.

6. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2022-23 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    blah blah blah…I was also at rePUBlic the other day and while almost all of the TVs were showing hoops, it was 100% NBA and I had to request that the bartender put the Thunder game on…blah blah blah
    What I MEANT was that all of the screens were on NCAA games. Understandable to me that NCAA was dominant product during tournament time, but highly disappointing that 20 screens or whatever couldn’t have a single screen showing the Thunder, and even more disappointing was the pushback when I asked for it.

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2022-23 Season

Oklahoma City Thunder 114 @ Utah Jazz 98

Box score https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore/_/gameId/401469355

Attendance: 18,206

at worst the thunder will be playing for the post season on sunday ..

at best the mavs lose a game and the thunder are in the play in tourney

Blog Entries

Sounds like the Bulls have nothing to play for tonight so will be resting starters. Will keep fingers crossed for a Bulls win but this is likely to come down to Sunday. I like how the NBA did the scheduling on Sunday with all the Eastern Conf games at Noon and all the Western at 2:30.

Bucks are resting against the Grizz. Which is good for us, since it means the Grizz are basically seed locked. So hopefully they won't bring the pain on Sunday.

Obviously way less stressful of a weekend on tap for OKC if the Mavs drop tonight's game against the Bulls. But very unlikely.

So this comes down to win on Sunday and you are in.

Blog Entries

Oklahoma City (39-42) have one game left (home) vs Memphis.
    Thunder have the tiebreaker vs Dallas Mavericks
    Dallas (38-42) have two games left both at home vs Chicago and San Antonio.

Memphis (50-30) have two games left on the road @ Milwaukee, @ OKC
    If Memphis loses their last two games, they could end in a tie with Sacramento who owns the tiebreaker vs the Kings.
    Sacramento (48-32) have two games left, home vs Golden State and at Denver.

Interesting--how this could play out.

12. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2022-23 Season

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0152.jpeg 
Views:	21 
Size:	196.6 KB 
ID:	17974
    Odd game time decisions for Dallas if they're serious about winning tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkasa View Post
    Would this be a good time to jump in on season tickets? I've been very on the fence for years about it, scared I wouldn't end up going often enough and not sure really what the overall cost would be, just the initial deposit. I think at one point I looked and there was a waiting list I think (obviously during the championship dreams heyday) but they've been a bit more aggressive in recruiting lately.

Should I dive in?
    I've been a season ticket holder in a group where we split the tickets three ways and never regretted it. The price is really reasonable. I think this is the perfect time to jump in before everyone realizes how good this team is next season.

If the Mavs throw in the towel tonight in an effort to maintain their top 10 protected pick from going to the Knicks, then OKC may want to lose on Sunday. We could actually make the play-in AND jump up several spots in the lottery standings.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    If the Mavs throw in the towel tonight in an effort to maintain their top 10 protected pick from going to the Knicks, then OKC may want to lose on Sunday. We could actually make the play-in AND jump up several spots in the lottery standings.
    Beautifully said. And I wouldn’t be surprised at all if The Pres deals a future FRP or two in an effort to climb up to #7 or so. A guy like Jarace Walker would make a lot of sense with the roster as it’s constructed, imo.

Blog Entries

Kyrie Irving among 5 Mavericks ruled out for must-win game

The team announced late Friday morning that Irving (right foot injury recovery), shooting guard Tim Hardaway Jr. (left ankle soreness), small forward Josh Green (rest), and power forward/centers Maxi Kleber (right hamstring injury recovery) and Christian Wood (rest) would sit out against the Bulls, essentially for precautionary reasons.
    Link: https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ruled-win-game

Blog Entries

Chicago Bulls 115 @ Dallas Mavericks 112

NBA Standings 2022-23: https://www.espn.com/nba/standings

Who would have guessed at the beginning of the year?

Blog Entries

NBA spokesman Mike Bass: "The NBA commenced an investigation today into the facts and circumstances surrounding the Dallas Mavericks’ roster decisions and game conduct with respect to last night’s Chicago Bulls-Mavericks game, including the motivations behind those actions.”

Blog Entries

Sunday, April 9, 2023
    Memphis Grizzlies @ Oklahoma City Thunder
    Paycom Center, OKC
    Bally Sports Oklahoma, 2:30 P.M.

Blog Entries

ThunderWire reports:

The Thunder will play the Memphis Grizzlies at home on Sunday, April 9. Daigneault said that Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Josh Giddey, Lu Dort, Jalen Williams and Jaylin Williams will all sit out that game to rest.

Based on what talent takes the court, available tickets should be priced at G league prices.

23. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2022-23 Season

I'm looking forward to the Poku/Dieng show today. Predicting triple doubles for both of them. Only being a little tongue in cheek.

Blog Entries

Memphis Grizzlies 100 @ Oklahoma City Thunder 115

Box score https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore/_/gameId/401469381

Attendance: 16,601

Blog Entries

OKC Thunder to play New Orleans Pelicans in Play-In tournament: https://sports.yahoo.com/okc-thunder...221326310.html

Thread Information