Widgets Magazine
Page 20 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 News and Information

Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

So weird. My wife and I went to see a flick at Harkins Tonight. There was only one other individual in the theatre we were in. No one waiting in line for goodies. No one in the bathrooms. Easy parking right by the theatre.

Obviously the windy weather kinda sucks but people are still observing the pandemic. It will be refreshing when and if things ever truly return to normal again.

So, hint: if you are worried about seeing a movie in a crowded theatre, Tuesdays at Harkins seem very safe.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    So weird. My wife and I went to see a flick at Harkins Tonight. There was only one other individual in the theatre we were in. No one waiting in line for goodies. No one in the bathrooms. Easy parking right by the theatre.

Obviously the windy weather kinda sucks but people are still observing the pandemic. It will be refreshing when and if things ever truly return to normal again.

So, hint: if you are worried about seeing a movie in a crowded theatre, Tuesdays at Harkins seem very safe.
    We went two Saturdays ago during the day and there were only two other couples in the theaters.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    We went two Saturdays ago during the day and there were only two other couples in the theaters.
    Hoping these places stay open. It would be a big blow if Harkins were to close. That said, it would be nice if they would upgrade their seating to compete with Flix and Warren.

4. Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post

I wonder why movie theaters are so slow. I don't see people staying away from much else. Concerts, for instance Elton John at BOK was absolutely packed. Sports events like OU, OSU and Thunder BB are as full as could be expected in normal times. Bars, restaurants, malls, other retail are business as usual or setting sales records with precautions being history. If movie theaters are empty they're an outlier.

I think its more of a mix of a lack of interesting product plus the impact of a lot of still simul-releasing with streaming or going to streaming soon after. Spider-Man did really well having grossed over $700 million so far, but the second highest grossing movie from last year only made $224 million. COVID consequences, but not directly due to COVID fears, I don't think.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    I wonder why movie theaters are so slow. I don't see people staying away from much else. Concerts, for instance Elton John at BOK was absolutely packed. Sports events like OU, OSU and Thunder BB are as full as could be expected in normal times. Bars, restaurants, malls, other retail are business as usual or setting sales records with precautions being history. If movie theaters are empty they're an outlier.
    The Enid AMC closed in December, leaving Enid with no movies.

For the week ending Friday...

7,999 new cases. Last several weeks: 12,456; 29,816; 72,774; 83,356; 59,393; 28,655; 14,728.

Hospitalizations are 1,067 (-588).

ICU is 229 (-128).

6,102 new cases. Last several weeks: 7,999; 12,456; 39,816; 72,774; 83,356; 59,393; 28,655.

Hospitalizations are 804 (-263).

ICU is 187 (-42).

Where can we find the daily numbers?

10. Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    https://oklahoma.gov/covid19/newsroom.html

4,982 new cases. Last several weeks: 6,102; 7,999; 12,456; 39,816; 72,774; 83,356; 59,393.

Hospitalizations are 491 (-313).

ICU is 118 (-69).

12. Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

And now that you have the link to the daily numbers they're not going to do them anymore.

I'm not happy about this. I have been following the numbers in order to make decisions on what and were I go. Its going to make it harder on me to try to stay safe since I am one who cannot safely be vaccinated. They should consider folks like me. I know its a lot of work for them but if they would go to posting on MWF that would be ok and still give the city break down each week for at least a few more months until cases drop some more. I am just trying to stay safe.

14. Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

I use The Washington Post. Their covid coverage is not behind their paywall.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...ths_1&state=OK

15. Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

Those washington post numbers won't be correct most likely. They are not releasing any daily numbers at all. Only Thursday reports.

https://oklahoma.gov/health/newsroom...n-updates.html

16. Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    Those washington post numbers won't be correct most likely. They are not releasing any daily numbers at all. Only Thursday reports.

https://oklahoma.gov/health/newsroom...n-updates.html
    I have no idea where you got that. They post the numbers every day that OK reports them.

17. Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

BTW, I saw a tweet that OK will be announcing their numbers at 2:00 rather than at 11:00.

18. Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

Quote Originally Posted by catcherinthewry View Post
    I have no idea where you got that. They post the numbers every day that OK reports them.
    What? This is the release from the OSDH. This week they will no longer report daily numbers at all so going forward there won't be a place to see "daily updates". Just once per week.

"Starting this week, OSDH will discontinue its daily situation updates that monitor the daily case counts. Instead, the OSDH will release data on Thursdays. The weekly report will provide an average based on weekly accumulations."

19. Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

I wonder if this means daily numbers won't be collected or just won't be released in a public statement? Or only released to the CDC. In which case the WP, NYT, etc. would have access?

20. Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    What? This is the release from the OSDH. This week they will no longer report daily numbers at all so going forward there won't be a place to see "daily updates". Just once per week.

"Starting this week, OSDH will discontinue its daily situation updates that monitor the daily case counts. Instead, the OSDH will release data on Thursdays. The weekly report will provide an average based on weekly accumulations."
    Sorry, I misunderstood what you were trying to say. In the meantime, if you follow @OklahomaCovid on twitter they will report numbers for OK from other sources.

"Although OSDH will STOP reporting DATA DAILY,

WE will CONTINUE to pull the DATA from other sources and report it DAILY.

(i.e. COVID deaths, cases, vaccinations, etc)

and report the OSDH data that is released on Thursdays."

Here are today's numbers from @OklahomaCovid:

Oklahoma COVID Report - MARCH 7

New Cases - NO REPORT to the CDC
    1,024,471 TOTAL (March 4)

New COVID DEATHS per CDC - 133
    101 in Feb, 26 in Jan, 2 in Dec and 4 earlier

TOTAL - 14,968��

*In Hospital - 469⬇️

*In ICU 87⬇️

*142 Hospitals Reporting

21. Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

The WaPo site I linked earlier reported 1601 new cases and a 7 day average of 603. No deaths reported, 444 hospitalized with 90 in ICU and a test positivity rate of 5%.

22. Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

Quote Originally Posted by catcherinthewry View Post
    The WaPo site I linked earlier reported 1601 new cases and a 7 day average of 603. No deaths reported, 444 hospitalized with 90 in ICU and a test positivity rate of 5%.
    They aren't showing numbers though for Sat, Sun or Mon. So are todays numbers for everything since Friday? Or not? This has just never needed to be so bad a system. I applaud WaPo for trying to keep it working.

23. Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

Unless I'm just not seeing something numbers are now completely weird.
    Today's OSDH report says 955 new cases from 2-27 to 3-5
    KFOR reports 2179 new cases 3-6 to 3-10. I can't find that anywhere on the OSDH site.
    WaPo reported 1601 new cases on 3-8.
    Much of my job is tracking and analyzing data. These numbers make me crazy.

I agree with you that the data does make much sense. Add in the ave daily cases and it seems to me it does not add up. Maybe a dump or two of old back log of cases. Who knows??? I just wish we could get good up to date data.

Yes, after almost exactly two years of keeping a meticulous spreadsheet, I can't even provide updates because the numbers are now erratic and have ceased to make sense.

Oklahoma is still averaging hundreds of cases per day, so it's very odd that the state has decided to no longer track data in a meaningful way.

Thread Information