Widgets Magazine
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 151617181920

Thread: NFL in OKC

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: NFL in OKC

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Since the Warriors are leaving Oakland for SF, and Oakland appears to be on the rise due to SF housing costs, I'd be trying hard to keep the Raiders, were I Oakland.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    Since the Warriors are leaving Oakland for SF, and Oakland appears to be on the rise due to SF housing costs, I'd be trying hard to keep the Raiders, were I Oakland.
    You would think that Oakland would be willing to keep the Raiders; especially since the Warriors will relocate to San Francisco for 2019-20 season.

St. Louis: It seems as though it was only recently that they built the Edward Jones Dome (actually it opened 1995) which means it has been 21 years. After losing another NFL team, unlikely St. Louis will be able to get another.

What are MLB-NFL communities like San Diego, Kansas City & Cincinnati willing to pay to hang onto their major league franchises?

You have growing communities like Portland, San Antonio, Sacramento & Las Vegas on the two top major league's radar positioned to have one of these franchises added to their portfolio.

You would think that Oakland would be willing to keep the Raiders; especially since the Warriors will relocate to San Francisco for 2019-20 season.

St. Louis: It seems as though it was only recently that they built the Edward Jones Dome (actually it opened 1995) which means it has been 21 years. After losing another NFL team, unlikely St. Louis will be able to get another.

What are MLB-NFL communities like San Diego, Kansas City & Cincinnati willing to pay to hang onto their major league franchises?

You have growing communities like Portland, San Antonio, Sacramento & Las Vegas on the two top major league's radar positioned to have one of these franchises added to their portfolio.
    Portland and Sacramento are not on the NFLs radar. There's an ice cubes chance in hell Portland approved any public money to build a 1.5 billion dollar stadium. Portland isn't what I'd call a football town either. Sacramento just dropped huge money to keep the Kings, I doubt there's an appetite to spend even more for a football franchise, once again it's not really a football/sports town.

SA/Austin or Las Vegas will get the raiders if they move. Sa/Austin because it's Texas, the money is there and Texas can never have enough football. Vegas is intriguing to the league because well it's Vegas, but the gambling issues will also concern them.

90% chance sa/Austin gets the raiders.
    London will eventually pry away the Jags.

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    Portland and Sacramento are not on the NFLs radar. There's an ice cubes chance in hell Portland approved any public money to build a 1.5 billion dollar stadium. Portland isn't what I'd call a football town either. Sacramento just dropped huge money to keep the Kings, I doubt there's an appetite to spend even more for a football franchise, once again it's not really a football/sports town.

SA/Austin or Las Vegas will get the raiders if they move. Sa/Austin because it's Texas, the money is there and Texas can never have enough football. Vegas is intriguing to the league because well it's Vegas, but the gambling issues will also concern them.

90% chance sa/Austin gets the raiders.
    London will eventually pry away the Jags.

J.Jones and McNair will not allow another NFL team in Texas,no way no how. Logistics make London a pipe dream but the NFL will play games there. Vegas is a no go because of the heavy gambling influence. Cities will not turn over a billion dollars to build a billionaire a stadium so he can make more billions. I think their stadium shell game is just about over. When the Rams just left Stl they (Stl) told the NFL that they were done with them and they would not be used as a bargaining chip for future stadiums. They actually wrote a letter to the NFL and told them to kiss off.

Blog Entries

Recall the USFL Oklahoma Outlaws and the 1984 Oklahoma Dome proposal in Tulsa?

The proposal calls for the "Oklahoma Dome" and a 20-story hotel to be built on 160 acres in far northeast Tulsa near Tulsa International Airport. The complex would include parking for about 18,000 cars.
    "Oklahoma Dome' Decision Due in 30 Days | News OK

NFL in Los Angeles; the fate of the Rams, Chargers & Raiders? All the Reasons the Chargers, Raiders, and Rams Might NOT Move to Los Angeles - Stadium Wars - Curbed LA

Recall the USFL Oklahoma Outlaws and the 1984 Oklahoma Dome proposal in Tulsa?

"Oklahoma Dome' Decision Due in 30 Days | News OK

NFL in Los Angeles; the fate of the Rams, Chargers & Raiders? All the Reasons the Chargers, Raiders, and Rams Might NOT Move to Los Angeles - Stadium Wars - Curbed LA
    Wow! I never heard of that proposal.
    The only benefit I could see of it in 2015 (assuming there were no pro sports teams here), is that we would probably be hosting some of these bowl games and we'd probably have a huge entertainment area around the immediate vicinity.

Quote Originally Posted by TU 'cane View Post
    Wow! I never heard of that proposal.( "Oklahoma Dome' Decision Due in 30 Days)
    The only benefit I could see of it in 2015 (assuming there were no pro sports teams here), is that we would probably be hosting some of these bowl games and we'd probably have a huge entertainment area around the immediate vicinity.
    nm

Don't overlook the city of Toronto as a possible candidate for a move by the Raiders.

New York media market is in a class of their own. No other market comes close. 3 NHL teams, 2 NBA teams, 2 NFL teams and 2 MLB teams. Very unique situation.

Blog Entries

NFL in Las Vegas?

Sin City is a risky market for any of the Fab Four (MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL) leagues because of its ties to gambling.

However, the money is there in Vegas:

The stadium would house the university's football team and possibly a National Football League franchise.

Public funding would cover two-thirds of UNLV stadium costs | Las Vegas Review-Journal

To resurrect a zombie thread lol.....

I saw this on the book of face and thought it was a great looking logo if nothing else.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2064.jpeg 
Views:	55 
Size:	735.6 KB 
ID:	18867

Blog Entries

NFL Re: NFL in OKC

Wow, the NBA Oklahoma City Thunder and the NFL Oklahoma City Chargers--great pair to promote and grow our city .

We haven't begun to collect funds for a $900 million downtown arena to support our Thunder. A decent NFL stadium (something with a roof) would cost another $1 billion for bare bones minimum. Don't underestimate that Oklahoma City couldn't build an retractable roof or domed stadium; however, we don't have the population base within our MSA (1,477,926) to support NFL; 510,000 short or the corporate support. You would need to ask the voters to build a $2 billion arena-stadium complex for OKC's future.

Besides the Dallas Cowboys would not be to keen on an NFL franchise in Oklahoma's largest city--Jerry Jones would fight like hell to keep the NFL out of Oklahoma, just like he would if a Texas MSA like San Antonio-Austin wanted an NFL franchise.

NFL has a 0.00 chance of a relocation or expansion franchise in Oklahoma. If the Chargers were to leave L.A., San Diego may be better suited with an MSA population of 3,269,973 for NFL and NBA franchises.

Wow, the NBA Oklahoma City Thunder and the NFL Oklahoma City Chargers--great pair to promote and grow our city .

We haven't begun to collect funds for a $900 million downtown arena to support our Thunder. A decent NFL stadium (something with a roof) would cost another $1 billion for bare bones minimum. Don't underestimate that Oklahoma City couldn't build an retractable roof or domed stadium; however, we don't have the population base within our MSA (1,477,926) to support NFL; 510,000 short or the corporate support. You would need to ask the voters to build a $2 billion arena-stadium complex for OKC's future.

Besides the Dallas Cowboys would not be to keen on an NFL franchise in Oklahoma's largest city--Jerry Jones would fight like hell to keep the NFL out of Oklahoma, just like he would if a Texas MSA like San Antonio-Austin wanted an NFL franchise.

NFL has a 0.00 chance of a relocation or expansion franchise in Oklahoma. If the Chargers were to leave L.A., San Diego may be better suited with an MSA population of 3,269,973 for NFL and NBA franchises.
    Can't say I disagree with any of that. I don't even watch American football *yawn* - but the names would mix nicely and the logo looks cool.

Thread Information