Feb 2 - Hornets
    Feb 23 - Wizards
    March 8 - Heat
    March 22 - Raptors
    March 29 - Suns
    April 5 - Pacers
    April 12 - Bucks

2. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Will also be on other providers that carry various Griffin broadcast signals, for instance games will be on Cox channel 7.

Also worth noting that there will be some nationally broadcast games that aren’t included in this, so lots of new opportunities for local fans without access to Bally to see this fun team.

Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

The doomsayers in this thread have never played basketball at any sort of competitive level. This team loses two games in a row and you Boomers start calling this team out. They are playing well ahead of their development schedule. They have arguably the best looking offense in basketball as a young team which is unheard of. I feel like a lot of you just don't know basketball. That is okay, I am glad you support the team and are trying to follow the NBA. Personally, I think you should try to learn more about the game so you don't make such reductive comments.

4. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

I'm curious to know if it is the same announcers/half time? Or is Griffin taking over those duties? *They will. Same crew as Bally.

Also looks like with NBA approval this will be in Wichita Falls and Joplin as well: https://www.news9.com/story/659d5fb1...r-season-games

Hope they continue this.

5. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

^^^^^^^
    For the eight Friday night games, the Thunder’s on-air team of Chris Fisher, Michael Cage, Paris Lawson, Nick Gallo and the team’s director and producer will continue to provide a top-quality broadcast with expert coverage and analysis. Each of the eight games will include 30-minute pre and postgame shows.

6. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    ^^^^^^^
    We can't miss our Cage-isms.

7. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

It’s gonna be more fun than church league.

Thunder and Griffin Media have announced that remainder of Friday night games this season (8 games) will be broadcast OTA on KSBI, Ch. 52 in Oklahoma City and News On 6 Now Ch. 6.3 in Tulsa. LINK
    this is part of the Bally NBA deal (the settle the rights after bankruptcy) teams got rights to 15 games in this season to sell to local stations .. this covers 8 of those .. leaving 7 remaining ..

Quote Originally Posted by citywokchinesefood View Post
    The doomsayers in this thread have never played basketball at any sort of competitive level. This team loses two games in a row and you Boomers start calling this team out. They are playing well ahead of their development schedule. They have arguably the best looking offense in basketball as a young team which is unheard of. I feel like a lot of you just don't know basketball. That is okay, I am glad you support the team and are trying to follow the NBA. Personally, I think you should try to learn more about the game so you don't make such reductive comments.
    This is the internet where everyone knows everything about anything. When I was in restaurants everyone knew better than the operators, chefs, managers, etc - too much Food Network. Same thing with real estate- I've sold hundreds of homes in last few years yet the average person out there thinks they've got it all figured out. Of course we've got a bunch of NBA ballers on OKCtalk lol.

Blog Entries

Interesting game last night in terms of the line-ups Thunder put out there - 9 guys played. Might be a bit what a playoff game line-up might look like as opposed to getting guys minutes as they have done in many games. No JWill, Waters or Micic.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    I'm curious to know if it is the same announcers/half time? Or is Griffin taking over those duties? *They will. Same crew as Bally.

Also looks like with NBA approval this will be in Wichita Falls and Joplin as well: https://www.news9.com/story/659d5fb1...r-season-games

Hope they continue this.
    Aren't the announcers employed by the Thunder, not Bally. I would expect that part not to change.

We can't miss our Cage-isms.
    I’ve always said SGA is like a hurricane. I mean you see the storm building on the horizon, you feel the breeze before he gets there, and when he gets there he rains down on you.

While I appreciate Cage-isms, I generally prefer announcers that have an interest in the game more so than are just rooting for their team. Thunder announcers have always been huge Thunder homers. I've tried listening to Matt Pinto and he makes it sound like the other team ands refs are actively murdering Thunder players. So for the last couple years I've listened to away game broadcasts and I'd say about that probably about half of the announcers lean toward being cheerleaders for their local team. For example, Tulsa native Kelenna Azubuike and the Warriors crew are massive homers.

It is so refreshing to listen to a crew that just loves basketball and talks honestly about the game. For example, I listened to the Celtics crew the other day and they had great analysis of Thunder players, honest discussion of foul calls (even saying when the Celtics shouldn't have got a call... something you'd never hear from the Thunder crew) and performance, and they helped me think/enjoy the game more. I'd love for the Thunder to bring a different approach to calling games someday.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    While I appreciate Cage-isms, I generally prefer announcers that have an interest in the game more so than are just rooting for their team. Thunder announcers have always been huge Thunder homers. I've tried listening to Matt Pinto and he makes it sound like the other team ands refs are actively murdering Thunder players. So for the last couple years I've listened to away game broadcasts and I'd say about that probably about half of the announcers lean toward being cheerleaders for their local team. For example, Tulsa native Kelenna Azubuike and the Warriors crew are massive homers.

It is so refreshing to listen to a crew that just loves basketball and talks honestly about the game. For example, I listened to the Celtics crew the other day and they had great analysis of Thunder players, honest discussion of foul calls (even saying when the Celtics shouldn't have got a call... something you'd never hear from the Thunder crew) and performance, and they helped me think/enjoy the game more. I'd love for the Thunder to bring a different approach to calling games someday.
    I hear them be honest on most calls. Most, including the Celts announcers, question calls all the time.

I think it’s okay to have some fun for a change and not be critical about everything all the time. Sports is fun, or should be. We should like to SUPPORT and not just evaluate. Leave all the common viewpoint to the talk shows where everyone is an expert and knows better than the coaches, players, owners, refs et al. The games are entertainment for me. I dont watch them to become a technical analyst. My experience playing and coaching 40 years ago doesn’t make me the expert. The difference is that I know that about myself and most don’t about themselves. So I just have fun watching.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    this is part of the Bally NBA deal (the settle the rights after bankruptcy) teams got rights to 15 games in this season to sell to local stations .. this covers 8 of those .. leaving 7 remaining ..
    after reading the press release it seems that these will be the only package of games the thunder sold (either by choice or by market reality) ..

for those unaware the Bally sports Oklahoma deal expires with the Thunder after this season ..

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I hear them be honest on most calls. Most, including the Celts announcers, question calls all the time.

I think it’s okay to have some fun for a change and not be critical about everything all the time. Sports is fun, or should be. We should like to SUPPORT and not just evaluate. Leave all the common viewpoint to the talk shows where everyone is an expert and knows better than the coaches, players, owners, refs et al. The games are entertainment for me. I dont watch them to become a technical analyst. My experience playing and coaching 40 years ago doesn’t make me the expert. The difference is that I know that about myself and most don’t about themselves. So I just have fun watching.
    For sure. Different strokes for different folks. Some people like Fisher & Cage. They're not my style. For me, it's a good thing I live out of market and have options on League Pass.

17. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

after reading the press release it seems that these will be the only package of games the thunder sold (either by choice or by market reality) ..

for those unaware the Bally sports Oklahoma deal expires with the Thunder after this season ..
    Makes sense. The Friday night games are the most desirable for people to watch.

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Oklahoma City Thunder 128 @ Miami Heat 120

Box score https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore/_/gameId/401585150

Attendance: 19,636

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Thursday, January 11, 2024
    Portland Trailblazers @ Oklahoma City Thunder
    Paycom Center, OKC - 7:00 PM
    TV - Bally Sports Oklahoma
    WWLS-The Sports Animal Oklahoma City (98.1 FM), Tulsa (97.1 FM)

20. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Good win against the Heat last night.

21. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

It was a great one. Ready to see them start jumping out to leads and never getting them back. Besides general rebound malaise I’d say my only real criticism of this team is how often they are having to win from behind early leads by their opponents.

Makes sense. The Friday night games are the most desirable for people to watch.
    i am suprised one of the local stations (fox ) didn't choose bid on a small sat night package and put in on one of the BIG 4 networks .. locally ..

23. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

i am suprised one of the local stations (fox ) didn't choose bid on a small sat night package and put in on one of the BIG 4 networks .. locally ..
    I agree. No idea what the cost was or what kind of infrastructure they needed to make it happen. They could also being a wait and see to see how well it goes for Griffin. With the team being this good I can't imagine it wouldn't sell some Ad dollars.

It was a great one. Ready to see them start jumping out to leads and never getting them back. Besides general rebound malaise I’d say my only real criticism of this team is how often they are having to win from behind early leads by their opponents.
    yeah would love it if they stopped spotting the other team a ten point lead early in the first quarter lol.

I agree. No idea what the cost was or what kind of infrastructure they needed to make it happen. They could also being a wait and see to see how well it goes for Griffin. With the team being this good I can't imagine it wouldn't sell some Ad dollars.
    I'm guessing the Big 4 networks have "Must show prime time" provisions in their affiliate agreements. Be hard and expensive to bump programming for more than weather emergencies. That\'s probably why Griffin is showing it on KSBI in OKC and KOTV 6.3 in Tulsa. 6.3 is a digital sub-channel and probably is on the cable system in Tulsa.

Thread Information