Widgets Magazine
Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Default Re: 2023 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by shai2022 View Post
    Delta is so disappointing lol. Wish American got those new gates instead.
    I will say, when I flew out of OKC two weeks ago it was nice to sit in the newest part of the airport with absolutely no one around me, lmao.

Was there not any sort of requirement for them to fill those gates (serious question)? Every time I am at the airport there's like 1 or 2 max being used. Also, what happened to breeze's now empty gate?

Delta is so disappointing lol. Wish American got those new gates instead.
    Nah, we DL Million-Milers are glad DL got them! More than once I've gone from TSA to sitting in my seat on the plane in under 5 minutes... I'm amazed UA has as many gates as they do given their relatively low traffic compared to AA & SW. Their fixed cost per pax must be high in OKC compared to some of their other stations..

If anyone is ever bored and would be willing to put together a map showing which airline operates out of each gate, that would be very helpful. I have lost track after the expansion.

American Airlines flight attendants asked to hold a strike authorization vote starting on Tuesday.
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...e/70427662007/

I fly infrequently.

American emailed looking for people to change flight times:

Earn credit for a future trip
    Select the amount you wish to receive, in the form of a travel credit. You’ll receive this amount if you’re chosen to move flights (lowest amount will be chosen first).

They are only offering $150 - $350.

I remember hearing there's a rule or law that you could get like $1400 when the flight is overbooked.

Involuntarily denied boarding is different than asking for volunteers. They have to ask for volunteers first and don’t need to offer any set amount of compensation for voluntarily switching flights on their request. You don’t have to. And if they IDB you then you are entitled to the compensation formula in the carriage agreement. I’m not sure what AA’s policy is.

We flew OKC-Seattle in late June through Alaskan Air and they were offering $2,000 for two seats on the plane. Never seen it that high.

Question maybe Catch 22 will know, why does Alaskan charge so much more than American to fly to or from LAX even though they both use this airline called American Eagle? And why can’t you book through American Eagle directly? I don’t understand how that works. When I say Alaskan charges more, I mean several hundred dollars more each way.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Involuntarily denied boarding is different than asking for volunteers. They have to ask for volunteers first and don’t need to offer any set amount of compensation for voluntarily switching flights on their request. You don’t have to. And if they IDB you then you are entitled to the compensation formula in the carriage agreement. I’m not sure what AA’s policy is.
    Ok, we'll see what happens.

Thank you for the info

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Question maybe Catch 22 will know, why does Alaskan charge so much more than American to fly to or from LAX even though they both use this airline called American Eagle? And why can’t you book through American Eagle directly? I don’t understand how that works. When I say Alaskan charges more, I mean several hundred dollars more each way.
    Alaska and American have a codeshare agreement. Alaska places their code on American flights and vice versa. Since it is not a joint venture they are not allowed to coordinate fares or schedules. So Alaska charges what they want, and American charges what they want. They have an agreed amount that they will pass on to the other carrier. So codeshares almost always cost more because, Alaska in this case will want to take a little skim off the top. But the operating carrier will keep the majority of the revenue. The real benefit of it has to do with mileage redemption. Alaska frequent fliers can purchase a flight to LAX with Alaska miles even though American will operate the flight, it is in this area that it provides the most benefit for the carriers. They know they won't sell a lot of cash tickets in this arrangement, but it allows for a broader network for each airline's frequent fliers. Same with regard to American, you can use your AA miles to purchase an AA codeshare flight on Alaska.

If it were an approved joint venture, they could coordinate fares and schedules and would be allowed to have one price displayed. Since they are both Oneworld partners there are going to be many routes they offer this as a convenience to their frequent fliers. As I mentioned this is to benefit mile redemption more often than not, and not off-the-shelf fares.

Quote Originally Posted by Bits_Of_Real_Panther View Post
    Ok, we'll see what happens.

Thank you for the info
    Anymore the odds of getting invol'd are pretty slim. Enough people take advantage of the proactive offers that it brings the risk down considerably for them. In many cases, the voluntary amounts are tiny because the plans someone had 2 months ago when they booked the flight are different than the day they are taking it, so enough people will jump at the offer.

"Look honey, they are offering a complimentary change to the 7pm flight instead of us taking the 3pm, so we can get lunch with your brother after all!"

Catch, thank you man you are blessing to this fu€king board.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    We flew OKC-Seattle in late June through Alaskan Air and they were offering $2,000 for two seats on the plane. Never seen it that high.
    On SW yesterday (HOU-HRL) they were offering $1200 to take a flight 6 hours later. I would have but was going to meeting and couldn't change

https://www.courant.com/2023/08/01/a...o-in-november/

New Haven has a flight to Puerto Rico before OKC...not Hartford, New Haven. And before you say "there's money in Connecticut," that money isn't using New Haven's airport.

Edited to remove international (my mistake)

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post

New Haven has an international flight before OKC...not Hartford, New Haven. And before you say "there's money in Connecticut," that money isn't using New Haven's airport.
    Umm.... Puerto Rico is a territory of the United States. Flights to PR are not international

Might as well be. But you are correct. I mis-typed. But they still have a flight to a place OKC can only dream of. And are a tiny fraction of the airport OKC is.

Might as well be. But you are correct. I mis-typed. But they still have a flight to a place OKC can only dream of. And are a tiny fraction of the airport OKC is.
    Did you even read the article you posted? I'm guessing not, because if you had, you might have found the following passage to be of interest:

According to the Center for Puerto Rican Studies, Connecticut had the sixth-highest population of Puerto Rican residents of any state in 2019, at more than 300,000, with the highest concentration in Hartford.

“We have a reason to believe that there’s a demand for the product and so this is really about that,” Levy said. “This is about serving the wants and needs of the residents that live in the state of Connecticut who are very loyal customers of ours. And that’s probably the single top of the list of markets people had asked for.”

/dead

20. Default Re: 2023 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

New Haven has a flight to Puerto Rico before OKC...not Hartford, New Haven. And before you say "there's money in Connecticut," that money isn't using New Haven's airport.

Edited to remove international (my mistake)
    below probably has something to do with this, okc def does not have:

According to the Center for Puerto Rican Studies, Connecticut had the sixth-highest population of Puerto Rican residents of any state in 2019, at more than 300,000, with the highest concentration in Hartford.
    “We have a reason to believe that there’s a demand for the product and so this is really about that,” Levy said.
    I think the lesson to be learned here is that OKC should focus on our advantages, such as having bigger populations of latin/hispanic residents in Oklahoma than CT has for Puerto Ricans, and convince an airline or two to give OKC international flight(s) to Latin America. It's going to happen, just a matter of having the leadership and will that CT does. Once again, comes down to leadership and will.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    below probably has something to do with this, okc def does not have:

I think the lesson to be learned here is that OKC should focus on our advantages, such as having bigger populations of latin/hispanic residents in Oklahoma than CT has for Puerto Ricans, and convince an airline or two to give OKC international flight(s) to Latin America. It's going to happen, just a matter of having the leadership and will that CT does. Once again, comes down to leadership and will.
    No it comes down to economics.

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    No it comes down to economics.
    And a competent airport director. /s/

https://aviationweek.com/air-transpo...continues-rise

If Tulsa gets a nonstop to Mexico before us...

Also pretty impressive growth by them... almost the same route network with half the traffic. Nice

Also pretty impressive growth by them... almost the same route network with half the traffic. Nice
    No Alaska or Frontier though. TUL-CUN would be cool but not sure what airline would even fly there?

Thread Information