Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dell on the Oklahoma River????

Default Re: Dell on the Oklahoma River????

If Dell built a corporate campus on the river, it would be a HUGE attractor of new residential and retail projects in the riverfront area. That area will be ripe for development once I-40 is moved, all it needs is an anchor corporation. Hopefully Dell is that anchor. OKC should encourage biotech companies to locate there too.

Patrick Guest

That woud be pretty cool riding a water taxi to work!!! It could happen! Sounds like it will happen!

3. Default Re: Dell on the Oklahoma River????

I spoke to a woman at Dell today and asked her if the location has been selected.

Answer: Yes. Where: Classified, and will be announced October 29.

My bet. The Oklahoma River.

Patrick Guest

Hmmm. Thanks for the information mranderson. I'm sorry that we have to wait until October 29th, but I'll be happy to hear the news. Regardless of what location is selected, it will be a boost to the local area. Out of the two possible sites selected, I am hoping for the Oklahoma River site though. I had heard that Dell was looking at other sites on the river.........maybe they'll choose a better site than the one originally proposed. That would be nice! There's plenty of land available between Zone G of the canal and the Eastern Avenue dam. A nice call center on the north side of the river just across from the Native American Cultural Center might be nice!

Yeah, I'd bet that's where it will be. Last week or a couple weeks ago, downtownguy's blog hinted at major things coming shortly to the river. That coincides with this...

It's all coming together.

6. Default Re: Dell on the Oklahoma River????

The best thing about this is that it's all just the beginning...

On the Riverside section between the new I-40 (over which a pedestrian bridge will pass), ODOT maps show a greensward from the intestate to the "Great Lawn" fronting the river. I am SO happy about this. I envisioned a green mall between the Fred Jones lot all the way to the river, and it turns out that will happen for at least the half south of I-40!!

I think this area is ripe for innovative multifamily and dense single-family housing. The greenspace will be a great place for neighborhood kids to play and serve as a gorgeous bridge to the river. There will indeed be soccer fields just facing the interstate, so it all fits.
    Continue the Renaissance

It's gonna be great! I can't wait to see this develop.

Thread Information