Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Cross

Default Re: The Cross

Quote Originally Posted by bandnerd
    the greek orthodox cross is different from the "christian cross" but it is still "a" cross.
    true, there are many crosses as gmm has related. however, in the context you've presented, the greek orthodox cross is still 'the' cross. while it looks slightly different, it represents the same thing... the instrument of christ's execution. -M

2. Default Re: The Cross

Yeah, I need to stop posting in the mornings haha.

But it still looks different from the cross that mranderson and most likely Patrick have been referring to. I don't even know why I posted that. I should start drinking coffee or something.
    Still corrupting young minds

posting too early in the morning... if i were catholic i'd probably know how many 'hail marys' that is... but i'm sure it's alot... : )

-M

4. Default Re: The Cross

haha

I think I post better after a few beers than when I post in the mornings.

Boomer Sooner. Yeah.

Back to topic, though...semantics aside, I don't put much of anything, let alone faith, into a symbol. Never have. Not even when I did attend church. And yes, there was a time in my life when I was active in church, way back in my past.

5. Default Re: The Cross

Quote Originally Posted by mmm View Post
    cruisifix? like tom cruisifix? ...it's crucifix, anderson... you theological scholar, you.

many a crucifix features christ on the cross... but not all of them. what's your point?

first, it's testament. and second, i didn't mean to be disrespectful... but i was. my bad. my point was that the sign of the cross is the hand motion, not the cross itself. they're two different things.

-M
    My point is clear. I have told what THE cross is, and grandmama will not accept the fact it is accurate. Plus, we do not count off for spelling on this forum, so please stop correcting it.

In addition. The post where I asked the definition was NOT for you, it was for grandmama

6. Default Re: The Cross

Quote Originally Posted by mranderson View Post
    Then if you think you are a theological scholar, then answer this. (I know the answer) What is the difference between THE cross and a cruisifx?
    Mr. Anderson, I do not nor have I ever claimed to be any kind of a scholar, let alone a religious one , what difference does it make and what has what your question have to do with the subject at hand?
    Too old NOT to care

7. Default Re: The Cross

true, there are many crosses as gmm has related. however, in the context you've presented, the greek orthodox cross is still 'the' cross. while it looks slightly different, it represents the same thing... the instrument of christ's execution. -M
    What makes it THE cross?
    Too old NOT to care

8. Default Re: The Cross

So if we know the answer, we don't get to answer?

Geez, lighten up. We can't correct misspellings, give correct answers when we have them, and heaven forbid post in a FREE forum according to you. You're taking all the fun out of it.

And what makes you so sure you know what THE cross is? Are you a theological scholar?

anderson,

call the waaahmbulance. look... when you try to talk down to other users as if you're supposedly more knowledgeable, i feel the need to remind you that you're not... you used the term as if you had information that others might not have... and you didn't even get it right. bad form.

so how does 'crucifix' versus 'the cross' advance your argument? i agree that the context of this thread is obvious... the christian cross... i'm just not following your line of reasoning by bringing up the term, 'crucifix'...

-M

Quote Originally Posted by grandmama
    what makes it the cross?
    because patrick, the original poster to this thread, is a christian. while he didn't spell it out, there's no doubt he intended the christian cross when he wrote 'the' cross.

-M

11. Default Re: The Cross

because patrick, the original poster to this thread, is a christian. while he didn't spell it out, there's no doubt he intended the christian cross when he wrote 'the' cross.

-M
    Patrick is secure enough in his beliefs to not belittle anyone else's or lack of. I wouldn't be so certain that he would be so close minded as to think that everyone on this board would assume such. I have addressed Patrick openly, asking for clarification, and I believe that he is forthcoming enough to do so. I personally don't believe that is the issue here. The issue is how others without the objectivity of Patrick, have taken it upon themselves to assume that there is only ONE Cross that he could be referring to and that those who might have taken it in another way simply have no insight nor right to do so. When anyone can make the statement that "The" cross and "A" cross means the same thing is, in opion, suffering from tunnel vison.
    Too old NOT to care

anderson,
    when you try to talk down to other users as if you're supposedly more knowledgeable, i feel the need to remind you that you're not... you used the term as if you had information that others might not have... and you didn't even get it right. bad form.
    -M

Exactly.

bandnerd, you are [COLOR="DarkOrange" ]AWESOME[/COLOR]

14. Default Re: The Cross

Evidently I'm awesome in the orange kind of way

Don't say that too often, though...it might go to my head.

Keith Guest

This is the cross that lights of the 4 sides of one of the buildings downtown. This cross always looks nice, especially during this Christmas season.

Of course, it looks much better after dark.

Thread Information