Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lofts on Broadway Extension

Default Re: Lofts on Broadway Extention

What's the web site for wired lofts?

OULOri Guest

Actually it is called sound board not particle board, it is used mostly to help eliminate outside noise. It is a lot stronger than particle board.

And the website is www.wiredlofts.com

Other than the hideous colors of the railings/balconies, I would live there in a heartbeat.

The concept is great, but that color....(shudder)

OULOri Guest

yeah im not found of "that" color, Model was suppossed to be red!!! Not pea green

Ugh, not liking the particle board walls.

As for this concept, I'm sure the college co-eds love it.

6. Default Re: Lofts on Broadway Extention

I guess I just don't get this "look." Too modern...metal..something for me.
    Still corrupting young minds

Patrick Guest

The concrete pillars around the patio are so you can tie your ponies up after a long day of work.

These would give Jeff Foxworthy something to make redneck jokes about.

See folks, it's developments like these that give us a bad image.

stacyq Guest

As I hop off my pony and tie her up on my concrete pillar. I live here and I am here to tell you this place is wonderful, the staff is always willing to go that extra mile for you. I have lived at thge link's and also sycamore farms both in the high range on rent and neither place does what Lori and the other staff does for us. I dont think she was being combative she was expressing the property and the ammenties which are fab! We are a tight close community at the moment. With alot of us not ever living in Oklahoma City. If you dont get the style why bash it with "red neck jokes" And I am not a young profesional type I work at aol. But if you add that I dont have to pay for cox cable or cox internet, that saves me 150 bucks easily and add in my own garage and a full size washer and dryer! And a management staff that you can actually talk to. So if you dont get the design dont bash it.

The inside reminds me of a clubhouse I built when I was 13. Good concept, not good exection IMHO!

My downtown apartment isn't quite as modern, but amenities and service are top notch.

I also spend about $300 less per month and get about 100 more sq ft.

Patrick Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner
    My downtown apartment isn't quite as modern, but amenities and service are top notch.

I also spend about $300 less per month and get about 100 more sq ft.

Your apartment also doesn't look like a horse barn.

I love the modernness of it, I love the pea green, what I don't like is the poor execution as someone mentioned. I'm a modern minimalist so I totally get the intention. I think it would be far more visually appealing if it were a taller structure. It basically looks like a trailer covered with some high end finishing such as the railing, and stone. The corrugated metal is neat as well. I'm guessing most people's biggest objection is the "urban" look without the lifestyle and location.

I too have a downtown residence, an owner occupied condo. It's pretty modern in fact, and like Midtowner, I too pay far less including my HOA dues as well as the amenities are up there as well.

WiredLofts Apartments are the only truly advant garde community in the metro.
    This is a quote of the home page of their website. First off, I believe they mean avant-garde, not advant-garde. Webster's Dictionary defines Avant-Garde as the following: an intelligentsia that develops new or experimental concepts especially in the arts. Dictionary.com defines it as:

a·vant-garde ( P ) Pronunciation Key (ävänt-gärd, vänt-)
    n.
    A group active in the invention and application of new techniques in a given field, especially in the arts.

adj.
    Of, relating to, or being part of an innovative group, especially one in the arts: avant-garde painters; an avant-garde theater piece.

With this being said, I have to disagree that WiredLofts are the only avant-garde community in the metro. Not using a spell-checker is not very "innovative" IMO. What about Deep Deuce, Brownstones at Maywood Park (which will have a large 50+ft art sculpture in the common area), Harvey Lofts, Block 42 (especially), Central Avenue Villas, and countless others? I guess those aren't progressive.

mythreelittlemen Guest

This is great! My property manager just showed me this site and I have just read all the postings. I am not a techno, so all this is new to me. I own the trailer park on Broadway. What excites me is all the energy and thought; it is like parisian coffee houses, circa WWI. This is good that you folks are not vegetables in front of a T.V. Keep talking, you don't hurt my feelings a bit. America and free speech are wonderful, I would not live any where else.

I think the look is cool. It will be great for those UCO students who don't want to stray too far from Edmond. I would much rather live there than some coookie-cutter, cottage-cheese-ceiling apartment at 122& Memorial. I like the green rails and think the stacked stone is really nice.

BUT, of course, I still think you all should live Downtown, it is and will be true urban cool!

Kim

15. Default Re: Lofts on Broadway Extention

I can't believe the put "advant garde". That really makes us look like a bunch of hicks. They also have skyline pictures of other cities flashing at the top.

16. Default Re: Lofts on Broadway Extention

The apartments aren't my "thing"...maybe 10 years ago I would've been all over them, but not these days. Which is fine...different strokes for different folks.

But I agree with jbrown...they need to correct the "advant garde" typo. And the skyline pics of other cities is disturbing and somewhat tacky. What's the point of those?
    "The worst sin towards our fellow creatures is not to hate them but to be indifferent to them: that’s the essence of inhumanity." -George Bernard Shaw

17. Default Re: Lofts on Broadway Extention

the only thing it is missing is a bloodhound and a yard boss holding a shotgun, and it would look like it was taken out of a scene of cool hand luke, and strother martin saying "What we have here is a failure to communicate"

This complex of 18 units may be on the market, listed around $2.1 mil. It will be interesting to see what ultimately happens here.

well hi there, i actually just joined and it's my first post, it seems like i needed to revive this thread because i have some questions. In January i'll be moving to OKC and was looking online for housing for rental in the area... and saw the wired lofts website and actually thought it looked really cool, but i've never been to OKC so i didn't know anything about it other than what the site said. anyways, i came here and saw all kinds of info on alternatives. so it's been a while since you guys last posted, so i was wondering, did that area around wired lofts get better? or should i look elsewhere, like the garage loft apartments?
    any suggestion is appreciated.

It's still in a field, looks horribly out-of-place. Lofts should be in a truly urban area, at least that's what I think. I do think they're working on a business park or something in that area, but it's still pretty sparse.

Brazuka, as zrfdude kind of pointed out and if you read this entire post, it's not that part of town is bad, in fact its quite good. It's just in an empty field and they look out of place in a field in suburbia. As others mentioned, lofts are more of an urban style of living. The Garage Lofts and others are truly urban lofts and downtown and not "faux" lofts.

22. Default Re: Lofts on Broadway Extention

Yeah, these are not in a true urban area, but it depends on what you want. They ARE right next to the interstate, very close to a plethora or restaurant and retail options, and in a perfectly safe part of town.

Whereas if you want true urban living whether it be downtown, midtown, or uptown, your retail options are a little bit more limited nearby and the crime rate is a little higher although not to the extent that you should be afraid. An extra level of caution is all that's necessary.

Actually jbrown, they are not next to the interstate, they are next to Broadway Extension, which is a major thouroughfare, but not an interstate. Broadway will get you to I-44 soon which will get you to most interstates quickly. They are also not too far from Kilpatrick Turnpike.

24. Default Re: Lofts on Broadway Extention

Oh dear. Please don't be mranderson with the semantics.

What would you prefer I call an autobahn-style road with on/off-ramps and no intersections?

nice, thanks for the replies. After i read them i started digging around and found some other places i'd like to ask about (found them in downtownokc.com). just trying to see peoples opinions about them. i already know about wired lofts, but what about 5th avenue lofts, garage loft, and deep deuce at bricktown? again, thanks for the previous replies.

Thread Information