Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cox High Speed Internet speed increases?

Default Re: Cox High Speed Internet speed increases?

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    I have the middle tier. Or I guess had. I'm actually not entirely sure now.
    How old is your internet package? This is from the Tulsa World article I linked above: "Christine Martin, a spokeswoman for Cox, said "the vast majority" of customers will get the increase with no price change, though a small number of customers on an older package of services may see an increase."

Quote Originally Posted by cafeboeuf View Post
    I think we're crossing up a few things. My fault.

I was originally referring to the fact that Arizona received a speed increase earlier this year, that was later followed by a full, formal rate increase. Separate events.

I was making the inference that, based on the same speed increase here in OKC, that it stands to reason we'll probably see the same or similar full, formal rate increase "at some point in the near future." I have zero knowledge of this as a fact; its a "reading of the tea leaves." The incidental increase arising on some older packages or service options isn't the same as the general price increase I've read about in AZ.

Sorry if I created confusion.

I have no problem with Cox HSI service. But I'm getting increasingly cranky parting with another $95 or so per month for four billion channels that, on average, include only about 10 with worthwhile content. And I just got my billing notice this month about three or four new music channels being added that provide exactly *zero* additional benefit. Whooppeee. If they discontinued every music channel in existence tomorrow I don't know that I'd ever notice it.

I am thinking about switching fro UVerse Internet to Cox Internet because of the increased bandwidth. How solid is the streaming from Netflix on Cox? Streaming Netflix on Uverse has gotten bad from my expierence. I am a cord cutter so I am not interested in any TV packages.

Blog Entries

I am also a cord cutter, have two kids and a roku in every room and have never noticed a problem when we're all streaming at once.

Have plenty of increasing gripes about the proliferation of worthless content to hike their channel count, but I honestly can't complain at all about the Internet service. Kids do quite a bit of web streaming, and I use it (for now) to host an in-house VOIP, and its been very reliable. I know Cox is getting nervous about how many channels it can offer while also squashing/compressing the crapola out of some (all?) of its HD offerings, but from my little knothole the HSI aspect has been very reliable. And about the only thing that keeps me tied to TV cable is ESPN; but I know that value is even diminishing for me these days!

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    Have plenty of increasing gripes about the proliferation of worthless content to hike their channel count, but I honestly can't complain at all about the Internet service. Kids do quite a bit of web streaming, and I use it (for now) to host an in-house VOIP, and its been very reliable. I know Cox is getting nervous about how many channels it can offer while also squashing/compressing the crapola out of some (all?) of its HD offerings, but from my little knothole the HSI aspect has been very reliable. And about the only thing that keeps me tied to TV cable is ESPN; but I know that value is even diminishing for me these days!
    I agree with you. Paying $100 for cable became deal break for me when i had DirecTV. I only watched the ESPN and the Golf Channel. Which cable modem do you guys have? I am thinking about getting the Motorola SurfBoard SB6141. I work in IT and with me being on 2 VPN for work and streaming on 2 devices I need more bandwidth.

Interesting graphic

I've had Internet over the years from Cox, Comcast, Time Warner, and Windstream. Cox has definitely been my best experience when it comes to speed. Windstream was by far the worst.

Been a Uverse customer for 6 months and couldn't be happier. I am paying for the 18 Mbps DL speed but every speed test ive ran is actually in the 22-24 Mpbs range

Every time I see a thread title with the word Cox or Cox Communication in it my blood begins to boil and the pressure goes up. I guess I need to get over it and just be thankful for the fact that they are actually fairly responsive to stuff. I also need to get up off my lazy ass and confront them about their bull****e Newbie Freebies and the Penalty for Loyalty . . . maybe manana . . .

Prunepicker Guest

I've been a member of Cox for about 30 years and have been perfectly
    happy. I thought about changing a few years ago but after that weekend
    in the ER I decided not to.

Seriously, what's the beef with Cox Internet? I've noticed some have
    posted TV. I don't have Cox TV. I don't want it. I only want the
    Internet and it's been perfect for my needs. By the way, I'm using the
    second tier.

Thread Information