Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Midwest Regional Dr. Threaten HMA

1. Default Re: Midwest Regional Dr. Threaten HMA

MRMC was to HMA as Deaconness is to CHS - the flagship in an otherwise mostly rural community hospital corporation, which was part of the problem.

Unfortunately, you won't see Deaconess or MRMC being willingly given up by CHS. If MWC wants out from CHS, then the lease clause is the only way its going to happen.

I think most people feel like you and I MWCguy - go non-profit or why even bother with the change since it won't be any better. History and other examples nearby can show that to be true.

Default Re: Midwest Regional Dr. Threaten HMA

The fate of Midwest Regional should be announced in the next few weeks. According to Eastward News. The merger has been approved by HMA's share holders. The city had a buyout option if HMA were to be purchased by a third party. The hospital authority solicited bids to Mercy, Saints, OU, INTEGRIS, and CHS. My money is on Mercy or INTEGRIS being the new operators. I just don't see HCA wanting a facility so close to OU's main campus. CHS is struggling to keep Deaconess open. I don't seem them wanting another facility especially after HMA let it fall so far down the tubes. Saints already has a place on Douglas and their business plan is to feed the main campus in midtown through the free standing healthplexes. MRMC just does not fit into there business plan. Mercy and INTEGRIS have the non profit dollars to sink into MRMC. Let's face it. Bring MRMC back to her glory days the people of MWC remember is not going to be cheap.

3. Default Re: Midwest Regional Dr. Threaten HMA

CHS was who was buying HMA. They're just as bad as HMA so it would be stupid to allow them to keep the hospital. Like you, I'm hoping for Mercy or Integris. Integris tried for years to get in on EOC. Now would be their chance. Mercy has never been big on expansion work outside of their main campus, so I'm just not sure what they would do. Since they were bought a while back, their whole business model might have changed though.

No matter what, I would only be happy (and the city would only be in a good spot) if CHS and HMA are NOT allowed to retain the facility. Thanks for nothing there folks. So i'll keep my fingers crossed that, as you say, the hospital can be returned to it's previous status as a quality facility....under new direction.

Mercy has been gobbling up a bunch of rural hospitals of late. They haven't flinched at upgrading the systems within them. I don't think MRMC falls into the "rural" category, but it might be a tempting piece. I work on "stuff" in Mercy hospitals, and live in MWC, so I'd REALLY like Mercy to pick up the reins over there!
    Never hurts to dream...

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Head View Post
    Mercy has been gobbling up a bunch of rural hospitals of late. They haven't flinched at upgrading the systems within them. I don't think MRMC falls into the "rural" category, but it might be a tempting piece. I work on "stuff" in Mercy hospitals, and live in MWC, so I'd REALLY like Mercy to pick up the reins over there!
    Never hurts to dream...
    Does Mercy ever upgrade their facilities? The campus out on the NW side is starting to look more than a little shabby.

Thread Information