Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Poke fan abuses 9 year old son because he was an OU fan.

Default Re: Poke fan abuses 9 year old son because he was an OU fan.

Quote Originally Posted by ou48A View Post
    Most major university’s eventually do say or make a condemning statement when serious laws have been broken
    Who can forget the tersely worded statement from Joe C. warning of the perils of combining Xanax, oxymorphone, morphine, hydrocodone, hydromorphone, and hydrocodone in the wake of Austin box's death?

Please, your feigned indignation regarding the lack of a University response for something that is patently obvious for everybody rings hollow.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk405359 View Post
    And yet you pretty much have made your entire argument about how this prick's OSU donations, rather than the terrible things the prick has done.

This guy is a waste of space, what he did was awful, the reasons he did it were even more awful, and all he was was a fan who gave money. They're not doing anything wrong if they just ignore that this awful person existed.
    In my very first post where I gave my opinion I said

“This is very sad and sick behavior.
    The guy was arrested and made bail.
    If convicted and sent to jail his jail time might be particularly harsh?”
    Would it make you feel better if I just kept dwelling on the point that I had already established.

This is not just some random booster who is been charged with these horrendous acts and apparently that is something some are having trouble coming to terms with.

It’s a guy that had close access to major OSU personality’s including players. He was granted rare access even for boosters to the OSU football program, maybe the basketball program, and other OSU sports.

While OSU is not legally obligated so say anything, based on what other universities have done I would bet that the OSU administration (who are very decent people) will be smart enough to eventually say something about this. It would be fully understandable if they waited until the case is fully adjudicated.

Would it make you feel better if I just kept dwelling on the point that I had already established.
    It'd have been far better than continuing steering the conversation to the guy being a donor at OSU and trying to tie him as closely as you could to the athletic program, including actually taking the time to find a picture of him with Boone Pickens (because that's relevant to the guy beating his kid somehow?)

I don't care how big of a booster he is, it's not right or wrong, smart or dumb, or anything else for the athletic department to make a statement or not make a statement. The fact that a college athletic department has to come out against someone who abused their child as though doing anything else makes them pro-kid-beating is ludicrous to me. And the fact that you're harping so much on that angle just makes it look like the only reason you posted this thread was because it was an OSU fan involved and you have an innate desire to make sure there's as much bad OSU news as you can get out there.

When we get to the point where people get so obsessed that they tie their lives so closely to the athletic exploits of college age students, we get cases like this. Would I be upset if they said something? No, I'd be entirely indifferent. Everyone should be completely indifferent to the response of a college athletic program to a guy beating his kid for being for not being a fan. It doesn't matter. He's not an employee of the university, he's not using university facilities, he's a guy with deep pockets who did something despicable, and only represents the fact that he's a guy with deep pockets who did something despicable. He could be a KU, OU, A&M, UT, tOSU, USC, ND, or Harvard fan, and it'd be equally as irrelevant to those universities.

We don't need to be told that they officially find his actions to be wrong. Anyone with a pulse and a conscience finds his actions to be wrong.

And the fact that you're harping so much on that angle just makes it look like the only reason you posted this thread was because it was an OSU fan involved and you have an innate desire to make sure there's as much bad OSU news as you can get out there.
    I disagree. ou48A is a tireless advocate against child abuse in the state of Oklahoma. He posts about this stuff all the time in order to raise awareness and educate others. In fact, here's a list of all the other threads he's started about it here over the years:

It'd have been far better than continuing steering the conversation to the guy being a donor at OSU and trying to tie him as closely as you could to the athletic program, including actually taking the time to find a picture of him with Boone Pickens (because that's relevant to the guy beating his kid somehow?)

I don't care how big of a booster he is, it's not right or wrong, smart or dumb, or anything else for the athletic department to make a statement or not make a statement. The fact that a college athletic department has to come out against someone who abused their child as though doing anything else makes them pro-kid-beating is ludicrous to me. And the fact that you're harping so much on that angle just makes it look like the only reason you posted this thread was because it was an OSU fan involved and you have an innate desire to make sure there's as much bad OSU news as you can get out there.

When we get to the point where people get so obsessed that they tie their lives so closely to the athletic exploits of college age students, we get cases like this. Would I be upset if they said something? No, I'd be entirely indifferent. Everyone should be completely indifferent to the response of a college athletic program to a guy beating his kid for being for not being a fan. It doesn't matter. He's not an employee of the university, he's not using university facilities, he's a guy with deep pockets who did something despicable, and only represents the fact that he's a guy with deep pockets who did something despicable. He could be a KU, OU, A&M, UT, tOSU, USC, ND, or Harvard fan, and it'd be equally as irrelevant to those universities.

We don't need to be told that they officially find his actions to be wrong. Anyone with a pulse and a conscience finds his actions to be wrong.

For your information’s the picture that I posted has been posted on many other message boards with far harsher commentary about OSU and their fans than anything said on this thread. It wasn’t at all hard to find. If you think I am harsh, you need to stop living in a bubble. There are also other pictures of this guy that expose his close ties to OSU football.

The people in charge of OSU know that standing up for against wrongs like this is never wrong. They will eventually say something. They are not going to be afraid to confront the issue… They are smart enough to know that their words might make a difference to others in their mist who also may be so consumed with so much hate that that they would take their fandom so far that they would abuse children…

For your information’s the picture that I posted has been posted on many other message boards with far harsher commentary about OSU and their fans than anything said on this thread. It wasn’t at all hard to find. If you think I am harsh, you need to stop living in a bubble. There are also other pictures of this guy that expose his close ties to OSU football.

The people in charge of OSU know that standing up for against wrongs like this is never wrong. They will eventually say something. They are not going to be afraid to confront the issue… They are smart enough to know that their words might make a difference to others in their mist who also may be so consumed with so much hate that that they would take their fandom so far that they would abuse children…
    I don't really care if you had that picture saved before this was reported. The fact is, you brought up and keep bringing up OSU ties. You put time, I don't care how brief, into getting that photo and posting it here solelyand entirely to hammer home how he was an OSU fan and a member of "their fandom" took it so far as to abuse children. Even now, you can't go a post without talking about pictures of his OSU ties. No one is arguing that this guy, has OSU ties, we can read, because no one with any real perspective on the situation gives a rat's ass about it. You're the only person who keeps trying to hammer it home. It makes it look like the only reason you cared about the story enough to warrant posting was about a child being abused in the first place was because of the OSU tie that you could harp on.

Secondly, it doesn't matter what anyone anywhere else is saying. They show the entire problem of being so damn obsessed with a college kids playing a game as much as anything else, because they're doing the absolutely deplorable act of using child abuse to further their sports fervor. Anyone who's doing that is behaving pathetically. Anyone who would act on that sports fervor it obviously doesn't have the moral fortitude or brain cells to change their behavior at a press release, because if they had either, they'd have already understood how horrific a thought it was in the first place.

Thread Information