Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mavericks vs Thunder Round 1

Default Re: Mavericks vs Thunder Round 1

And if we think we had a great finish look at this. I gave up paying attention to this game until I saw this score. This is astonishing.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/clipper...1257--nba.html

You just can't ever let up in the NBA.

Well you would certainly have to say the the advertisers for the broadcasts are getting their money's worth. No one is going to be tuning out early.

Listening to the TNT analysts after the game I must have missed something. Did we win?

Barkley - "OKC is just not good enough". At least he's consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    Well you would certainly have to say the the advertisers for the broadcasts are getting their money's worth. No one is going to be tuning out early.

Listening to the TNT analysts after the game I must have missed something. Did we win?

Barkley - "OKC is just not good enough". At least he's consistent.
    Well I kinda agree with him. If the Thunder keep playing like this it will be very hard to beat a team like San Antonio.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Well I kinda agree with him. If the Thunder keep playing like this it will be very hard to beat a team like San Antonio.
    Sean, as I've said many times before, in the NBA a win is a win. It doesn't matter how they did it. Every team has flaws to exploit. OKC may not be good enough to win the championship this year. No one knows for sure at this point. I think we should just enjoy the ride as far as it goes and not always be looking for the negatives.

The television analysts are paid to be just that. They disect games and give their views. What they say or think has absolutely no effect on any game.

Sean, as I've said many times before, in the NBA a win is a win. It doesn't matter how they did it. Every team has flaws to exploit. OKC may not be good enough to win the championship this year. No one knows for sure at this point. I think we should just enjoy the ride as far as it goes and not always be looking for the negatives.

The television analysts are paid to be just that. They disect games and give their views. What they say or think has absolutely no effect on any game.
    Exactly, so why should we be complaining about what Barkley said?

Durant seems to have been shut down so far this series. It's up to Westbrook, Harden, and the other guys to help win this thing. Important win tonight. Being up 2-0 is a great feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Exactly, so why should we be complaining about what Barkley said?
    Where did I say I was complaining? I was just stating what was said and giving my view about it.

And when talking about what is said you have to love this quote by Scott Brooks about Rick Carlisle.

“He was a good roommate. He didn't snore,” said Brooks, who was roommates with Carlisle while playing for the CBA Albany Patroons. “That's all it takes, trust me. Buy me a (beer) every now and then and not snore and you're a perfect roommate. That's why I love my wife.

Barkley's criticisms of the Thunder's weaknesses are spot on. If we continue to play this style of basketball then we'll be fortunate to win this series (I still think this series goes at least 6), much less any other. The Thunder have been playing mediocre basketball for a month now. If we played San Antonio tomorrow I think they'd sweep us. I really hope we can get back to moving the ball and playing more like a team...

Quote Originally Posted by KilgoreTrout View Post
    Barkley's criticisms of the Thunder's weaknesses are spot on. If we continue to play this style of basketball then we'll be fortunate to win this series (I still think this series goes at least 6), much less any other. The Thunder have been playing mediocre basketball for a month now. If we played San Antonio tomorrow I think they'd sweep us. I really hope we can get back to moving the ball and playing more like a team...
    The Thunder are playing at their highest level right now. Its just that KD is in a slump right now, due to Shawn Marion's defense. Dallas just matches up with OKC really well. A great stat line is that the last 3 times they played have been decided by 4pts or fewer. What Barkley is failing to mention is we do have an inside game, Ibaka and Perkins have stepped up offensively as of late, its just getting them the ball is the issue. I am not worried about Dallas or Lakers, we definitely have the Lakers number, we should go 4-1 in both the Lakers/Mavs series, and make it to the WCF to lose to San Antonio 4-2.

The shirts were blue game 1, white game 2, PLEASE let the next color be Orange

I also don't understand why people think Dallas should be a push over. Key players on their 2011 championship team are still there, Dirk, The Jet, Kidd, and Marion...to think they are just going to lay down is stupid. They are defending champs and Rick Carlisle is a good coach. I am happy with our play.

12. Default Re: Mavericks vs Thunder Round 1

We've almost always played the Mavs close, and that has been irrespective of where the game is played. I think we have a budding rivalry that is significantly heated.

An interesting comment by Denver coach, George Karl about playing the Lakers in the Staples Center.

[QUOTE]"This is not a hot building. It's kind of a stage. It's a Broadway stage," Karl said before the Nuggets took on the Lakers in Game 2 of their first-round Western Conference playoff series on Tuesday. "It has a history and an energy to it, but it's not one of those where you can't hear or sometimes you're afraid to feel (the opposing crowd). This is more of a stage than an intense building like Oklahoma City (has) or something like that."[QUOTE]

Thunder Re: Mavericks vs Thunder Round 1

An interesting comment by Denver coach, George Karl about playing the Lakers in the Staples Center.

"This is not a hot building. It's kind of a stage. It's a Broadway stage," Karl said before the Nuggets took on the Lakers in Game 2 of their first-round Western Conference playoff series on Tuesday. "It has a history and an energy to it, but it's not one of those where you can't hear or sometimes you're afraid to feel (the opposing crowd). This is more of a stage than an intense building like Oklahoma City (has) or something like that."
    Save it for the Round 2 thread. None of this has anything to do with Mavericks vs. Thunder, Round 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Save it for the Round 2 thread. None of this has anything to do with Mavericks vs. Thunder, Round 1.
    it was about our building ..

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    Most NBA arena's are kind of dead compared to ours. Especially during the regular season.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    Most NBA arena's are kind of dead compared to ours. Especially during the regular season.
    On a related note, here's a video from Dallas's ABC affiliate before game 2.

Mavs must quiet wild OKC crowd in Game 2

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    Exactly right, Boulder. And the last time I checked our building is involved in round 1.

NBA Re: Mavericks vs Thunder Round 1

Exactly right, Boulder. And the last time I checked our building is involved in round 1.
    Nope. That comment still has nothing to do with the Thunder or the Mavericks, and everything to do with George Karl just being George Karl and doing anything he can to try to get in the heads of the Lakers and their fanbase.

Now if you were to start a Nuggets vs Lakers Round 1 thread and post it in there, that I could get on board with.

Nope. That comment still has nothing to do with the Thunder or the Mavericks, and everything to do with George Karl just being George Karl and doing anything he can to try to get in the heads of the Lakers and their fanbase.

Now if you were to start a Nuggets vs Lakers Round 1 thread and post it in there, that I could get on board with.
    Well, Matt. Let's just say that you and I disagree then. I think the post was relevant and believe it is in the appropriate place.

Well, Matt. Let's just say that you and I disagree then. I think the post was relevant and believe it is in the appropriate place.
    Fair enough.

Tell me, what effect do you think Denver head coach George Karl's comments will have on Games 3 and 4 of the Mavericks/Thunder series?

Fair enough.

Tell me, what effect do you think Denver head coach George Karl's comments will have on Games 3 and 4 of the Mavericks/Thunder series?
    Absolutely none. So tell me, what effect do you think anything else posted in this thread will have on that game? It's actually acceptible to have posts that give observations about things without directly affecting something.

Absolutely none.
    Thank you.

Thank you.
    You're welcome.

You're welcome.

Thread Information