Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I-40 between Yukon and I-44 junction

Default Re: I-40 between Yukon and I-44 junction

I've heard a lot of it is drug trafficing. We are at the crossroads of America so it's quite a challenge for local, state & federal agencies.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubya61 View Post
    I'm constantly seeing OHP with vehicles pulled over on I-40, often 2 to 3 "unmarked" suburbans to one pull-over, and usually, it's a big rig pulled over. Does anybody know: is OHP trying to battle a drug trafficing problem on I-40 (per my wife)? or is there some other reason they seem to be focusing on the commercial vehicles?
    if they were going to focus on an interstate for drug traffic, it would more likely be be i35

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    if they were going to focus on an interstate for drug traffic, it would more likely be be i35
    According to my buddy at the sheriff's office, I-35 is a focus as well.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleCyrus View Post
    According to my buddy at the sheriff's office, I-35 is a focus as well.
    Before they put the safety cables up, unmarked vehicles would always sit under the NE 63rd St. bridge on I-35...but with the barriers they still have a turnaround spot just north of the I-35/I-44 junction.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    Before they put the safety cables up, unmarked vehicles would always sit under the NE 63rd St. bridge on I-35...but with the barriers they still have a turnaround spot just north of the I-35/I-44 junction.
    There are a lot of places around the city that they quit consistently keeping cruisers after barriers were put in.

They pull over truckers on 40 not for drugs but for ODOT inspections. As of late Oklahoma has been stepping up its ODOT stops they are tring to reign in the number of overweight trucks on our highways soon we will have weigh stations at the borders that will help our newly paved interstates have longer lifespans. They also get alot of DUIs on the interstate system.

Maybe they are killing 2 birds with one stone...presume at least some of those overweight trucks could be due to all of those "kilos" of drugs???

Why can't 15th street be extended to morgan road or mustang road?. It has been from meridian to macarther. That could help some of the traffic flow

once they finish up the extra lanes between morgan and Garth Brooks there will be no need for the side street

10. Default Re: I-40 between Yukon and I-44 junction

I really don't think 15th is needed past Meridian. Are there just a ton of people wanting to add shops and housing around the west side landfill??

Once the cottonseed oil operations moves over to the old tire manufacturing plant will not be helping the air quality in that area either.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    I really don't think 15th is needed past Meridian. Are there just a ton of people wanting to add shops and housing around the west side landfill??
    I agree, Spartan. The lack of a 15th street connection in that area west of MacArthur is insignificant to traffic flow.

13. Default Re: I-40 between Yukon and I-44 junction

Not that it's super fancy now, but with a little effort and another lock, the river could be fancied up down to macarthur instead of just meridian. Once you do that, those plots off the new 15th will go for a premium price. The hotel on the west side of Meridian obviously chose that lot over one that already existed east of Meridian. And with the rate the rooms go, there's still room for hotel growth on meridian....especially as long as companies keep building the smaller 4 or 5 floor buildings....and plenty of brands left to build.

It's simply as much for keeping an eye on the future as anything else. If you noticed, MacArthur bewteen I-40 and 15th has had some cleanup done in the last year since the apts got built as well. And with 29th being made 4-lane to the warehouse district, the traffic flow is getting better (and higher) ON Macarthur.

Thread Information