Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Local

Default Re: Local

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    I'm not surprised. I couldn't get past the location and atmosphere, even after several attempts. I never encountered anyone that was a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by positano View Post
    I'm not surprised. I couldn't get past the location and atmosphere, even after several attempts. I never encountered anyone that was a fan.
    Really? I love it, as does a large percentage of my circle (everyone I know who's gone has liked it). The location does suck, I agree, but I really dug the atmosphere and enjoyed the food a lot. Either way, the article says they're closing to focus on their personal lives and families, not due to lack of business (necessarily?). I'm really sad to see it go..

Quote Originally Posted by LocoAko View Post
    Really? I love it, as does a large percentage of my circle (everyone I know who's gone has liked it). The location does suck, I agree, but I really dug the atmosphere and enjoyed the food a lot. Either way, the article says they're closing to focus on their personal lives and families, not due to lack of business (necessarily?). I'm really sad to see it go..
    Agreed. We liked it a lot, probably our favorite restaurant in town. Noticed the last couple of times we went in it was pretty slow though. The only negative I ever heard was about how loud it could get.

It will definitely be missed.

4. Default Re: Local

My wife and I love this place. We plan on going a couple of more times before Feb. 15th. Going to miss it.

Default Re: LOCAL to Close

Always seemed to be an odd location but it was great food and packed the couple times I went.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerfan_in_okc View Post
    Always seemed to be an odd location but it was great food and packed the couple times I went.
    Norman was a stupid location. College kids will eat out like that but not with much frequency, too compound that problemthey were in a weird spot to get the residents of Norman to come in.

Local in Paseo or the Plaza would have KILLED it.

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    Norman was a stupid location. College kids will eat out like that but not with much frequency, too compound that problemthey were in a weird spot to get the residents of Norman to come in.

Local in Paseo or the Plaza would have KILLED it.
    Not so fast my friend. Norman was home to the local, funky vibe before the Paseo or Plaza were what they are today. If Local was a few miles down near mcnellies on main street the place would have been a big hit imo. The feel is very similar to a place like Syrup or Scratch, both of which are highly successful.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerfan_in_okc View Post
    Not so fast my friend. Norman was home to the local, funky vibe before the Paseo or Plaza were what they are today. If Local was a few miles down near mcnellies on main street the place would have been a big hit imo. The feel is very similar to a place like Syrup or Scratch, both of which are highly successful.
    Too pricey for college kids to consistently patronize it.

10. Default Re: LOCAL to Close

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    Too pricey for college kids to consistently patronize it.
    News flash...Norman has more than college kids among its 120,000 residents with an average income of around $50k a year. There are plenty of other restaurants in Norman that are higher in cost and very successful. Let's also not completely ignore the stated fact, which is easy to do if one hasn't actually read the initial story on this, to where they are closing down to spend more time with their small children. This combined with their chef moving on to a new position probably seemed like a good time to bring the business to a close. Some businesses don't have a continuous life cycle, but not many understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by venture View Post
    News flash...Norman has more than college kids among its 120,000 residents with an average income of around $50k a year.
    Seriously. It is a great college town but it isn't just poor college kids.

Exactly. It's not like we are talking about stillwater.

... and, the demographics indicate those "poor" college kids that ARE there, aren't all that poor.

Thread Information