Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Norman underpass at Robinson and Flood

1. Default Re: Norman underpass at Robinson and Flood

Story in the Transcript this morning has them opening it temporarily for the home games this month on the Saturday only. The don't expect work to be finished until the end of the month or early October. So it'll remain closed until then.

HangryHippo Guest

Default Re: Norman underpass at Robinson and Flood

Venture, do you know if the Lindsey Underpass is funded? I, along with others apparently, had heard that it was, but maybe not.

3. Default Re: Norman underpass at Robinson and Flood

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOne View Post
    Venture, do you know if the Lindsey Underpass is funded? I, along with others apparently, had heard that it was, but maybe not.
    Not that I'm aware of.

I am not certain the Lindsey underpass has gone beyond the maybe it ought to be discussed more seriously someday phase. Could be useful to have it, but if it ever goes forward, I sure hope it can proceed at a much faster clip than the Robinson project timetable.

For those who do not know. Flood is now partially open again. Going north isn't a great pain but coming south as of yesterday it was a bottleneck, narrowing down to one lane before getting back to two, When completed, it'll have four south bound lanes at robinson counting the turn only lanes. Of course, it'll still convert to a two lane road south of robinson.

Things appear to b moving along at the 7/11 (and others) at that intersection as well

We
    September 11, 2012
    NORMAN — Just when one Norman infrastructure project gets finished, another one seems to get going.

The Robinson Street underpass should be totally completed later this month, just in time for next month’s bid letting on the Main Street overpass. Mayor Cindy Rosenthal said the project should be on the October agenda of the Oklahoma Department of Transportation.

“Get ready for about six years of orange cones,” Rosenthal told the Norman Chamber of Commerce board.

The project is the first of the bridge replacements, which include Lindsey Street and State Highway 9. Work on Interstate 35 and Robinson interchange is nearly complete, the mayor told board members.

7. Default Re: Norman underpass at Robinson and Flood

Whoa, what Main Street overpass? I hadn't heard anything about that. Are they talking about the overpass at I-35?

Man, just when one route gets back to normal, another one gets roadcone'd, hahaha. I was using Main to get to the westside while Robinson was all torn up, now it looks like I'll be doing the opposite.

Speaking of road construction, I wish they'd hurry up and finish whatever they're doing on 24th in UNP. It's scary driving over there right now.

8. Default Re: Norman underpass at Robinson and Flood

Yes the Main St overpass of I-35. They'll work their way down the line then and do Lindsey and then Hwy 9.

I still chuckle from time to time about how I ended up in Norman.

We were debating OU or UA Fayetteville as we were ending our time at NSU.
    We decided we'd come to Norman so we could deal with less road construction.
    Oh .... how little we knew.

Thread Information