Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Memorial Plaza @ May and Memorial

Default Re: Memorial Plaza @ May and Memorial

About a month or two ago there was a water truck and some construction equipment set up here but I drove by the other day and they hadn't torn up the old Stake n' Ale parking lot and the water trucks and construction equipment was gone.

Hi guys, new to the board and just starting reading random threads. I was wondering why you guys think Mazaheri is a joke. I've seen his name on various strip center signs around town. Is he a bad/shady businessman?

Update - project is out for bid now, should bid to contractors first week of July.

Kewl

Quote Originally Posted by soonermike81 View Post
    Hi guys, new to the board and just starting reading random threads. I was wondering why you guys think Mazaheri is a joke. I've seen his name on various strip center signs around town. Is he a bad/shady businessman?
    I know the Mazaheri family and have done business with them and can assure you Fred is not "a joker" as a previous commenter stated. I also know others who have done major business deals with him who would argue the same. I'm not compelled to continue an argument here but the man is as honest and genuine as they come. He's an asset to the community regardless of your expert marketing opinion on proper billboard placement.

Cooper_GOIVM -- I did not know that you were on this board.

I just have to say THANK YOU SO MUCH for all the fantastic, amazing, unbelievable photos you have taken of our fair city!

Quote Originally Posted by Praedura View Post
    Cooper_GOIVM -- I did not know that you were on this board.

I just have to say THANK YOU SO MUCH for all the fantastic, amazing, unbelievable photos you have taken of our fair city!

I really appreciate the compliments and it's great to know there's a couple people out there who appreciate my work. I'm proud of this great city.

Fred may be an honest businessman but he purchased a whole strip of houses across the street from me, let trash move in, has never maintained the homes, and has brought my property value down. I don't appreciate it. He may be a good businessman but he's a horrible neighbor.

I miss Steak and Ale.

But, shopping is good for local residents and the economy. More stores mean more variety (and, more traffic).

I think eventually they're going to have to redo the May Avenue bridge over the turnpike and put in round-abouts there too. I'm talking distant future, when this shopping center is built and the commercial property on the SE corner is bought and filled in as well.

I hope by round-abouts you mean the Texas turnarounds.

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    I hope by round-abouts you mean the Texas turnarounds.
    Yes, that would be correct Mr. Auto Corrector, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by pahdz View Post
    Update - project is out for bid now, should bid to contractors first week of July.
    What is the status of this project? This is a prime Real Estate location and I find it hard to believe that it has taken this long to get off the drawing board and into actual development and construction.? It appears the owner developer is a novice in my opinion and can' t seem to get the financing our tenants lined up? Maybe I am wrong. This land should have been developed 3-4 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by progressiveboy View Post
    What is the status of this project? This is a prime Real Estate location and I find it hard to believe that it has taken this long to get off the drawing board and into actual development and construction.? It appears the owner developer is a novice in my opinion and can' t seem to get the financing our tenants lined up? Maybe I am wrong. This land should have been developed 3-4 years ago.
    You seem to forget there was this pesky little recession thingy about 3-4 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by progressiveboy View Post
    Maybe, but if how long it took Gold's to finish their build out on Memorial, this is not surprising.

Thread Information