Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Super Target on North Penn and Memorial

Default Re: Super Target on North Penn and Memorial

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Well, the south side Targets are all in proximity to Chick Fil-A's as well..like 44th/Western--CFA at Western/240, the new Moore one has a CFA on the other side of Starbucks on 19th.
    True, but the question was "how many are in FRONT OF", not near.

2. Default Re: Super Target on North Penn and Memorial

Right, of course, and I assume someone is trying to draw conclusions about intentional site selection choices being made by CFA..that they want to be near Targets specifically. I was just suggesting some cases where they did go very nearby, anyway, so they might not necessarily be inconsistencies that disqualify the theory...looking at it as science problem.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Better check your math, that'd be 8years if opened in 2003.
    Ooopsss!!! I meant it opened in spring 1993.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    You should drive around the metro more. You'd be surprised at all the new development the last 5 years. That walmart is at least a decade old.
    No dobt (probably even older than that). I still consider the Belle Isle Wal-Mart to be new but it has been there 10 years too (and gone through 2 remodels).

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Well, the south side Targets are all in proximity to Chick Fil-A's as well..like 44th/Western--CFA at Western/240, the new Moore one has a CFA on the other side of Starbucks on 19th.
    You are kidding right?

Not in front of or close by (same street but 30 some blocks away)

Quote Originally Posted by Larry OKC View Post
    And that's what the employee's kept telling my mother when she asked about the Crossroads location (am sure that's what they were told too). So, take it for what it is worth.
    Yeah, I was at the Edmond location on 33rd last night. Asked the Manager and he seemed adamant that the Quail Springs location would not be closing. But I'm sure they'll wait and see if the numbers drop off once the new location is open.

It may depend on the lease, it may be cheaper to keep it open for awhile than to close it if there is much time left on the lease. Once the lease is up inside Quail they may close it, that happens quite often.

I doubt it will close, unless it's the same franchise owner, which I don't think is the case. These are franchise owned and it'd make no sense to close if it is doing decent and didn't own the freestanding one. I've seen this setup around the country, it's two different targets really

The one in the mall will not close...different franchisees, different traffic.

Does CFA identify Targets to build in front of? Sure, as well as Wal-Mart, Lowes, Home Depot, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Meaculpa View Post
    Hands down, the best looking women in OKC gather at the Target at Memorial and Penn!
    Agree 1000%!!

Anyone who thinks the CFA @ I-240 and Western is "close" to the Target at SW 44th couldn't possibly drive between them very often.

It made complete sense for the CFA @ Crossroads to close after the location at I-240 opened. In fact, the Crossroads location was open longer than I expected after I-240 opened. We all know Crossroads is dead as a doornail; but QSM is hardly in the same boat. Although we don't make the trip to QSM much anymore, the CFA in the foodcourt has been a staple for a pre-movie sandwich or lunch-time break during a shopping trip. Sure seems to me that location is going to continue to get sufficient traffic to stay open even with the pending external location..

12. Default Re: Super Target on North Penn and Memorial

They were emptying a semi on Tuesday with seating and interior things. Seems like this is set to be wrapping up soon. Hope they give out free CFA for a year to the first 100 people, I will so be in line waiting!

Will open May 26th...and First 100 will happen...details below

http://www.chick-fil-a.com/Locations/First-100

Quote Originally Posted by Meaculpa View Post
    Hands down, the best looking women in OKC gather at the Target at Memorial and Penn!
    As fattening as all that fried food is at Chick-fil-a, will they last?

Will they last??? After 65 years in business I doubt it.

Think he was talking about how long 'the best looking women" will remain that way if they are eating the fried food??

Quote Originally Posted by OKCNDN View Post
    17 years old to be correct. It opened in spring 2003.

And yes there is a Chick-Fil-A in front of the Super Target in Yukon. There isn't a JCPenney on Garth Brooks. I think maybe the poster was referring to Kohl's. Last time I was in Kohl's (christmas time 2010) I was surprised at the quality of their merchandise. Before it seemed as if they were just full of "el cheapo" stuff. They have definitely upgraded their stock.

Now if there were a Barnes and Noble in the area. And a Buffalo Wild Wings.
    They were plans, an announcement and signs on the marquee for a JCPenney to go into the same shopping center as the Target in Yukon on Garth Brooks, but when the economy went south that store got canceled before it was built.

A Barnes and Noble should go near the near mattress place. I would go there a lot. Hastings just doesn't have a big enough book section for me.

Chic-Fil-A opens this Thursday! Who's camping out?!?!

20. Default Re: Super Target on North Penn and Memorial

There were tents filling the parking lot all day today. I also heard that they had the people lined up walking through the drive thru to be served.

It was soo unbelievably crowded down there.... cars filled half of the target parking lol.. crazy! All for just a CHANCE to get free Chikfila. No guarantee.

22. Default Re: Super Target on North Penn and Memorial

There is new construction in the empty lot next to target. Anyone know what's going up?

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremistPullup View Post
    There is new construction in the empty lot next to target. Anyone know what's going up?
    Dick's Sporting Goods.

Thread Information