Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "God Hates Oklahoma" - Group Plans to Picket Oklahoma Children's Funerals

Default Re: "God Hates Oklahoma" - Group Plans to Picket Oklaoma Children's Funerals

Yep, in Norman. Looks like some Zombies showed up to eat their brains. I'm guessing they found none and went away hungry.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=164870433549740

Default Re: "God Hates Oklahoma" - Group Plans to Picket Oklaoma Children's Funerals

Of course God hates Oklahoma! He's made us Republican, hasn't he? How much proof do you need?

We are at the Championship game yesterday in Arlington and one of the guys who biked us to the stadium said that they were picketing across the street.

Guess the inbreeders don't enjoy the rain as reports say it was steady throughout the funeral

Only 5 protesters from the Westboro Baptist Church showed up at the funeral of Elizabeth Edwards, the estringed wife of former presidential nominee John Edwards.* Three adults and two children arrived carrying picket signs that said “Thank God for Breast Cancer”.

The Westboro Baptist Church of Topeka, Kansas, has made headlines for their protests at funerals of military persons killed in the Middle East.* They proclaim that the US is evil for it's support of homosexuals and Jews.

According to the Reuters, hundreds of counter-protesters arrived to block the Westboro congregation from disrupting the funeral.* The counter demonstrators waved flags and chanted “Love not Hate” and sang Christmas Carols.* They carried signs that included “Let them say goodbye in peace”.

Quote Originally Posted by TaoMaas View Post
    Of course God hates Oklahoma! He's made us Republican, hasn't he? How much proof do you need?
    lame.

In one of the pictures, one of them is having to hold 4 signs. I hope that's a sign that their insanity is waning and won't come back strong this spring when the weather warms up.

Hopeful thought Bunty.

Looks like the AZ legislature is about to pass a bill making protesting within 300 feet of a funeral illegal in response to the fun bunch heading west for the kids funeral

9. Default Re: "God Hates Oklahoma" - Group Plans to Picket Oklaoma Children's Funerals

Quote Originally Posted by Easy180 View Post
    Looks like the AZ legislature is about to pass a bill making protesting within 300 feet of a funeral illegal in response to the fun bunch heading west for the kids funeral
    I just don't understand what is wrong with this world. We have madmen shooting nice people, but no one is willing to shoot these mad church people!

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    I see where you're going.

So you think He sent the Archangel Gabriel to smite the Westboro Baptists' tires?
    If it were Gabriel, he would have blown out their shocks... eh eh? Cuz they make shocks...

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I just don't understand what is wrong with this world. We have madmen shooting nice people, but no one is willing to shoot these mad church people!
    Thunder, what a despicable statement to make. As abhorant as these people are, no one needs to be shot. We need the violence to end.

12. Default Re: "God Hates Oklahoma" - Group Plans to Picket Oklaoma Children's Funerals

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    Thunder, what a despicable statement to make. As abhorant as these people are, no one needs to be shot. We need the violence to end.
    Yeah...a bit much. Moved to some prime real estate in Antarctica would be much better.

13. Default Re: "God Hates Oklahoma" - Group Plans to Picket Oklaoma Children's Funerals

I'm not promoting for them to be shot down. I'm just saying how twisted the world is where nice people are gunned down while the crazy/evil/bad are rarely hunted down.

14. Default Re: "God Hates Oklahoma" - Group Plans to Picket Oklahoma Children's Funerals

I have wondered the same thing. You have good people that pass away due to illness or no fault of their own. Then you have these mean spirited people that protest and disrupt funerals. You had the people that were shot in Arizona by a very sick person, but no one is mad enough at the Westboro people to take them out. I'm not saying to do it, I'm just thinking out loud.

Default Re: "God Hates Oklahoma" - Group Plans to Picket Oklahoma Children's Funerals

I still think this is a terrible direction for a conversation about this to be taken. Both good and bad people are killed every day and there is nothing positive about that no matter what the motive is. The only exception I can see is if someone is killed in self defense or to protect someone else who is in danger. These people do not deserve to die. No matter how depraved their actions are, they haven't killed or tried to harm anyone physically that I'm aware of.

16. Default Re: "God Hates Oklahoma" - Group Plans to Picket Oklahoma Children's Funerals

I agree, I probably shouldn't have posted what I did.

Default Re: "God Hates Oklahoma" - Group Plans to Picket Oklahoma Children's Funerals

I still think this is a terrible direction for a conversation about this to be taken. Both good and bad people are killed every day and there is nothing positive about that no matter what the motive is. The only exception I can see is if someone is killed in self defense or to protect someone else who is in danger. These people do not deserve to die. No matter how depraved their actions are, they haven't killed or tried to harm anyone physically that I'm aware of.
    But we also need to bear in mind that emotional pain can hurt as bad as physical pain. Maybe these scumbags don't deserve to die for their acts, but they should suffer SOMEthing in return for their nasty behavior.

Karma may be a slow dresser on party night, but she can also be right nasty when she finally makes a grand entrance and knocks back a couple of tinis.
    Patience grasshopper .... patience.

Thread Information