Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your Favorite Food Truck

1. Default Re: Your Favorite Food Truck

Quote Originally Posted by OKCNDN View Post
    Big Truck is overrated. It is more a fastfood truck rather than the homestyle-cooking type that other posters have mentioned here. Big Truck seems more interested in selling t-shirts than improving their menu.

There is a truck on Tulsa and 10th. Great burritos and tacos.
    I don't know man. That Guardian taco is worth the money, IMO!

Default Re: Your Favorite Food Truck

Does anyone know anything about that Po'Boy place that was metioned? That sounds interesting.

Senor Elotes sets up shop in the parking lot of Coker's Auto Repair on the north side of SW 29th between S. Linn and S. Villa. Elotes is corn on the cob which they do sell when corn on the cob is in season. Esquites is cut corn served in a cup which is the type they sell year round. The corn is seasoned with mayo, cheese, chili and lime. They do sell hand made tamales which are also delicious.

Brett, that sounds bomb, when are they typically there? Also, do they have cheese tamales?

Prunepicker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Also, do they have cheese tamales?
    Cheese tamales? That's a new one for me. I'll have to give that a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Prunepicker View Post
    Cheese tamales? That's a new one for me. I'll have to give that a try.
    Yeah Mexican cheese and jalapeño tamales are staples, but hard to find good ones locally.

Yeah Mexican cheese and jalapeño tamales are staples, but hard to find good ones locally.
    Check out http://www.okctamales.com/menu_details
    See a review at: http://www.eataroundokc.com/tamales-...-of-the-month/

I read a lot of raving reviews for Big Truck Tacos here but when I finally got to try it I was NOT impressed at all.

There is a chicken truck that sits in the parking lot of a convenience store at SW 29th & May and they are FANTASTIC. They also have a brick-and-mortar restaurant just north of Grand on Western, in an old Taco Bell building.

I've eaten from a burrito truck on SW 29th in the Kentucky/Indiana area and it was quite good.

Quote Originally Posted by corwin1968
    There is a chicken truck that sits in the parking lot of a convenience store at SW 29th & May and they are FANTASTIC. They also have a brick-and-mortar restaurant just north of Grand on Western, in an old Taco Bell building.
    that's regio loco... and i totally agree that they're good. -M

Anyone know about Normas Grill? I have seen it most evenings on 44th and Walker at a gas station.

Quote Originally Posted by mmm View Post
    that's regio loco... and i totally agree that they're good. -M
    Yep, that's the one. Also, I drove by the other day and it's a trailer rather than the truck I described.

Its pretty weather. Any new trucks I need to hit this summer? Still never found that PoBoy truck by the capitol, if anyone ever sees it let me know. Is Bobos open right now, going to try and hit it this week or is it a weekend only spot?

Quote Originally Posted by Corndog1 View Post
    Its pretty weather. Any new trucks I need to hit this summer? Still never found that PoBoy truck by the capitol, if anyone ever sees it let me know. Is Bobos open right now, going to try and hit it this week or is it a weekend only spot?
    bobos is only of friday and sat night .. from 8ish to 3ish .. parking lot at 23rd and Hood

Thanks for the info. I knew I had seen it several times, dont guess i realized it was only on weekends. Any other suggestions of good ones to hit during the week. Got a freind in town and he likes some late night eats at good food trucks.

Any Ice Cream Truck

Prunepicker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    bobos is only of friday and sat night .. from 8ish to 3ish .. parking lot
    at 23rd and Hood
    That's N.E. 23rd and east of Lottie in a vacant lot. Sometimes as
    early as 7pm.

You don't see big truck or Pops truck our much anymore, and the Korean tacos truck vanished

Some of the roach coaches that used to hit the produce market years ago had some pretty good chow. Also used to be a couple of guys that would pedal around on their bicycle and sell homemade burritos out of the little igloo icechest they had on back.

You don't see big truck or Pops truck our much anymore, and the Korean tacos truck vanished
    I don't consider BTT a true food truck. They only seem to do private events or some special engagement. I haven't seen them out late at night, ever. If you don't have your truck open at 10pm in some busy public location then you aren't a true food truck

BTT was in front of the county courthouse today at lunch. Line averaged about 10 people deep.

Quote Originally Posted by positano View Post
    BTT was in front of the county courthouse today at lunch. Line averaged about 10 people deep.
    I would think BTT, or anyone who offered up at least one step above blah for that matter, could do very well on any given weekday outside the courthouse.

I certainly haven't seen it every time, but the times I've seen that Pops truck at the courthouse it never seems to have many customers. I tried it once - won't again.

Thread Information