Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fall 2008 TV Shows

1. Default Re: Fall 2008 TV Shows

Quote Originally Posted by kmf563 View Post
    JBrown - Should I try again? Is it that much better or is it still run from cops, find who is framing, and kiss the girl scenarios.

The basic premise of this season is that a Homeland Security agent, off the record, has an agreement with Michael, Linc, Mahone, and co. that they can stay out of prison if they find "Scylla", a 6-part encoding of all the info needed to take down the Company. Also, Sarah is back. She wasn't really killed.

Default Re: Fall 2008 TV Shows

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown84 View Post
    The basic premise of this season is that a Homeland Security agent, off the record, has an agreement with Michael, Linc, Mahone, and co. that they can stay out of prison if they find "Scylla", a 6-part encoding of all the info needed to take down the Company. Also, Sarah is back. She wasn't really killed.
    What?! How can Sarah be alive? Ok. I have to see now.

MadMonk Guest

Looking forward for the return of The Office, My Name is Earl and Battlestar Galactica. I've also been watching The Sons of Anarchy on FX. It's pretty decent so far. Besides those and OU football, that's about all the TV I watch.

Nip/Tuck: No word from FX yet on when the new season might begin.

True Blood: I agree, this show is worth watching for its quirkiness and its delightfully over-the-top sex and violence.

Dexter: No one has mentioned this show yet. It is definitively worth a watch... it is very creative. The new season starts on Showtime this Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    Does anyone know anything about Nip/Tuck?

I heard January 2009, but I also heard there would be only a few episodes, and not a full season. Then I believe sometime in 2010 will be the last full season.

6. Default Re: Fall 2008 TV Shows

im a huge nip tuck fan but last year had so much potential by moving to LA and they screwed up bad. they lost a lot of fans.

7. Default Re: Fall 2008 TV Shows

Quote Originally Posted by dismayed View Post

Dexter: No one has mentioned this show yet. It is definitively worth a watch... it is very creative. The new season starts on Showtime this Sunday.
    You must have me on ignore :'(

8. Default Re: Fall 2008 TV Shows

Quote Originally Posted by Oh GAWD the Smell! View Post
    Don't feel bad.

No one here is interested in talking about the Terminator series.

Quote Originally Posted by Oh GAWD the Smell! View Post
    I'm sorry, it must have been that post about running for public office in Oklahoma that set off my ignoreometer.

Well tomorrow is the big season opener. I'm wondering if Dexter will be back to his old antics or if last season hit a little too close to home and if it will cause him to change his routine.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Don't feel bad.

No one here is interested in talking about the Terminator series.
    I have been watching it from episode 1. I really enjoy it. I am a little concerned about this new corporation that they have introduced that is apparently being run by a T1000. The concept of her being on the loose is cool, but that episode where they introduced the corp. seemed kind of hokey. I mean is she a terminator or is she the head of a cult. I hope they tone that down.

Otherwise I am really liking this season. Thoughts?

11. Default Re: Fall 2008 TV Shows

I like The Sarah Connor Chronicles as well. They are doing a good job setting up how John goes from boy to leader of the human race.

12. Default Re: Fall 2008 TV Shows

Quote Originally Posted by dismayed View Post
    I'm sorry, it must have been that post about running for public office in Oklahoma that set off my ignoreometer.

Well tomorrow is the big season opener. I'm wondering if Dexter will be back to his old antics or if last season hit a little too close to home and if it will cause him to change his routine.
    Don't worry, my mouth is FAR too acerbic (yes, even in real life) for me to ever consider running for public office. ;D

As for Dexter...They could keep the same formula with no major plot twists for 5 years, and I'd probably still watch it every week.

True Blood is back, and remains interesting.

Thread Information