Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Starbucks' Closings

1. Default Re: Starbucks' Closings

15TH & SANTA FE 2141 W 15TH ST EDMOND OK

wow, I can't believe this one would close. Seems like it was just recently finished and it is always packed with either high school kids ( right next door) or customers.

Sad for the new owners..probably better for the kids though.. like teens need the caffeine anyway...
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

2. Default Re: Starbucks' Closings

Quote Originally Posted by Karried View Post
    15TH & SANTA FE 2141 W 15TH ST EDMOND OK

wow, I can't believe this one would close. Seems like it was just recently finished and it is always packed with either high school kids ( right next door) or customers.

Sad for the new owners..probably better for the kids though.. like teens need the caffeine anyway...

The one on S. Western is also fairly new.

Default Re: Starbucks' Closings

So they close 2 Edmond stores... but still have plans on keeping the one at 15th & Broadway and opening the new one on 33rd & Broadway? I don't know about this...

Quote Originally Posted by Intrepid View Post
    The one on S. Western is also fairly new.
    Yeah, they just build it a few months ago and they are going to close? What a waste and it sucks because I live a block away from that location

Actually, the one at 33rd and Broadway will NOT be opening. It is a cancelled project.

6. Default Re: Starbucks' Closings

Do we know that or are you just assuming?

A store manager told me that, from 15th and Broadway. She wants Starbucks to close her store (its old and in disrepair), and transfer all their partners to a new store down the street. But she knows that won't happen... its just wishful thinking on her part.

Why not just transfer your coffee drinking to somewhere more local? Like Java Dave's. Or Full Cup? There are lots of good, local coffee places that make better coffee than Starbucks, often for less money. Java Dave's makes the best hot chocolate and Full Cup has the best service (plus, they're open Sundays when Java Dave's is closed).

I hated everything about Kmart. It was an awful place....horrible. No one knew their butt from a hole in the ground. Management hated employees and considered them expendible.
    And don't take this the wrong way, but it showed. Anyone who ever set foot in a Kmart could understand why it went bankrupt.

Layoffs started yesterday. "Black Tuesday". They laid off the senior District Manager of OKC area. Their only reason was he "made too much money". He just won an award last week for "SM Stability". In English that means he has one of the highest employee retention rates. Managers will start going as soon as the leases are worked out. It's very sad.

It is sad. We tend to think of these big corporations as nameless and faceless and forget that there are many regular people with families that work there that will be affected when the locations close.

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    Darn, I knew the one at 122nd and Penn would close, but I really like it. It's the best building and has great employees.
    When they say 122nd and Penn, is that the one next the Ultimate Electronics, or the old Long John's?

Does anyone know if the one they just built on 23rd and Penn will open?

13. Default Re: Starbucks' Closings

Old Long Johns. Next to Ultimate Electronics is Memorial & Penn.

Thread Information