Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New bookstore coming to North OKC

Patrick Guest

Default Re: New bookstore coming to North OKC

If we wanted to go with something unique, I've mentioned Full Circle a time or two (at least). Jim Tolbert already has interest in some property in Bricktown. He'd be a perfect candidate to open a second Full Circle in Bricktown on the canal. Local seems to be the way to go...just look at how attractive Nona's is looking! Tolbert could create a 3 or 4 level Full Circle, complete with coffee house, etc.

Does anyone know if Common Grounds is still open in Bricktown. It was always a pretty unique and quiet coffee shop. Maybe Common Grounds and Tolbert could team up.

What would be ideal here is a multi story multi functional brick style building on canal corner. The first couple floors could be a book store, the next some restaurants and shops. Perhaps even some lofts on the top two floors. That would be perfect on canal corner. (California & Mickey Mantle Drive)

Uncommon Grounds is still open as far as I know. It's a wonderful coffee shop and will greatly benefit once residential options expand in Bricktown.

Bricktown needs some sort of "educational" attraction. I'm an architecture student at OU and we just finished up our final project which involved designing an Oklahoma-themed museum in Bricktown. Pretty cool project huh? My idea was an Oklahoma severe weather/tornado museum on Oklahoma Ave. right by the canal (where there is currently a parking lot). I built a 1/8" scale model of the building and drew up a bunch of plans, sections, elevations, and perspectives. I'm going to work on my portfolio this weekend and will be scanning pictures, I'll have to post them so you guys can see them. I wish I could post everybody's project, there were some awesome ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by BG918
    Uncommon Grounds is still open as far as I know. It's a wonderful coffee shop and will greatly benefit once residential options expand in Bricktown.

Bricktown needs some sort of "educational" attraction. I'm an architecture student at OU and we just finished up our final project which involved designing an Oklahoma-themed museum in Bricktown. Pretty cool project huh? My idea was an Oklahoma severe weather/tornado museum on Oklahoma Ave. right by the canal (where there is currently a parking lot). I built a 1/8" scale model of the building and drew up a bunch of plans, sections, elevations, and perspectives. I'm going to work on my portfolio this weekend and will be scanning pictures, I'll have to post them so you guys can see them. I wish I could post everybody's project, there were some awesome ideas.
    It is still open there. I've never been there. Not much of a fan of 600 calorie cups of coffee.

Your project idea is a good one.

Its there, I visit occasionally. Its a good pre-eating or after clubbing spot.

The drinks I've had at uncommon grounds weren't that good, unfortunately.

Patrick Guest

Hey BG, that's pretty cool that you were able to do that project and all.....it definitely shows the local interest in Bricktown now. Who would've even considered envisioning such a project for an architecture class just 15 years ago?

Maybe I need to be an architectural major! Cool stuff!

Thread Information